Iannis Bureaucrat looking for a nice org

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
iannis
Little Leet

Iannis Bureaucrat looking for a nice org

Post by iannis »

Hello everyone,

First english isn't my native language though my reading is pretty good. Just pray i don't need to speak...

I'm a returning player (last played was in 2016). Forgot a lot of how things works.
I'm looking for nice people around, to be able to play together when level permit.
I'm not an hardcore player, still with the lockdown here i have time to spend :)
When irl life will kick again, time will be constricted.

In summary i'm looking more for good times with nice peoples.
So i hope to see/read you in the org chat :)

Iannis
GMT+1
fuze
Giant Leet

Re: Iannis Bureaucrat looking for a nice org

Post by fuze »

Hi Iannis,

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP.

When you have a minute please read our Code of Conduct and Org chat guidelines and and confirm that you agree on them by posting here.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here:
If you don't mind my asking, what is your native language? We have members from all over and may be lucky enough to have another who speaks it.

The next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Fuze / Suffugio / Contritum GMT-5
Namisan / Vandraren / Nosophobia / Drnotorious GMT+2
Whattawap / Sirwappy GMT-5
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Proeliis / Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Nanomace / Macer36 / Macenforce / Agentmace GMT+2
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online.
iannis
Little Leet

Post by iannis »

I'm coming from Belgium and i'm french speaking.

forgot to add, 1 paid account and 1 froob. have an engi 208 on paid.

I will join later today, see you

Iannis
fuze
Giant Leet

Post by fuze »

iannis wrote:I'm coming from Belgium and i'm french speaking.

forgot to add, 1 paid account and 1 froob. have an engi 208 on paid.

I will join later today, see you

Iannis
We definitely have some French speaking officers of varying dialect. My own French is unused and mostly forgotten.
iannis
Little Leet

Post by iannis »

no trouble,

i could still write and read in english.

I am curious about the dialect in french :) it's an oddity now
fuze
Giant Leet

Post by fuze »

As with most languages, there is some variance region to region. Especially, in certain parts of the US with Cajun influence and back woods of Canada. I am definitely no expert and I went from fluent to inept in decades of non use.
iannis
Little Leet

Post by iannis »

cajun never really heard, as for quebec apart some different use of word and the nice accent, i had no trouble to have a discussion.

In some part of Belgium their still have mix of Flemish and french (brusseler) and that's really hard to get, same for the wallon language, but they are now as i said earlier an oddity in the french languge landscape.

But for the rest normalization have done the job for the worse or the good (occitent long time ago for instance) :/

It is sad you lost the abilities to speak french :) I will dream to speak fluently english. But it's more a sort of sabir for now (understanble though).
fuze
Giant Leet

Post by fuze »

If you don't use it, you lose it. No one to speak French too for too long and it's gone. I couldn't spell what little I can still speak now.
iannis
Little Leet

Post by iannis »

hehe i forgot every word of chinese i've learned in the past in the same way. Had 12 hours a week cursus for these ...
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hey, you guys are really chatty... :)

Welcome Iannis :) Fuze told you everything you technically need to know.

If you need to speak French, including for your interview, just say and a French-speaking officer will do it.

Je peux parler français moi-même donc il ne faut pas hésiter à s'adresser à moi si besoin. :)
iannis
Little Leet

Post by iannis »

not always but sometimes subject are out of what we speak normally and that's funny.

I've read all the language that your member speak could be fun ingames to try anyway :)

So on the practical side, i contact a officer in game? or i just join the bobsan channel and chat a bit?
falconwar
Maxi Leet

Post by falconwar »

I suggest you to join bobsan channel, chat with us, team with us and see how you like to play with us. And if you enjoy then ask an officer for an interview :)

Je te suggère de joindre bobsan, de "chatter" avec nous, de jouer en équipe avec nous et par la suite, si tu aimes l'ambiance et que tu as du plaisir, demande à un officier pour un interview.
iannis
Little Leet

Post by iannis »

Nous pouvons continuer en anglais, ce sera plus facile pour tous le monde.

We can contine these discution in english, it will easier for everyone

so to the chan bobsan
Abrikooo
Growing Leet

Post by Abrikooo »

Hi

Good to know ....

Bon à savoir :) :P