Application - Snarlax

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Snarlax
Baby Leet

Application - Snarlax

Post by Snarlax »

Hello! My name is Snarlax and I'd like to join Athen Paladins.

I played AO at launch with my wife and some friends (It was really rough back then... lagging into the toxic Tir river and dying among other problems!). I returned a few times, the most recent was way back in 2010! Rubi-Ka called me once more and I've been having more fun than ever lately.

My old org has apparently faded away and it is always better to have a group of good friends to adventure with! I've seen a lot of Athen Paladins around and I chatted/grouped with a few I ran into around the world. They all spoke very highly of the community and their experience in the org.

Time Zone: GMT-4 (EDT). I am usually on at night and super late (8pm -> 4am EDT), but my work/family life are such that sometimes I can play at all sorts of times.

I fully agree to the Code of Conduct!
I fully agree to the Org chat recommendations and attitude.

Characters:
  • Snarlax (Fixer) 220 - Clan
  • Cindrax (Soldier) 179 - Clan
  • Cambios (Enforcer) 48 - Clan
  • Aryoch (Nano-Technician) 65 - Clan
  • Kylamane (Soldier) 93 - Omni
  • Cambios-1 (Fixer) 32 - Omni
In RL I own a video game studio and have been making games professionally for 30 years. A few years ago I also started teaching game design/game theory classes in college. Video games are a huge part of my life - personal, career, and family.

As I've gotten older (I'm pushing 50, have mercy) I've come to appreciate video games and video game communities more and more. I feel like they keep me young at heart!

Thank you,
Reyz
Strong Leet

Re: Application - Snarlax

Post by Reyz »

Hello Snarlax, welcome back to anarchy hope you find your stay as exciting as you did back all those years ago, and don't worry about the age, a lot of people just like you played this way back when and still play it today, me included that started like 2005?
And hope you can get your friends and wife perhaps to come and rejoin you and relive those old memories

I also see that you've read the Coc and chat recommendations, and i also see you in the guest channel already, do keep in mind if you relog / log out youll have to tell bobsan !join again as it wont auto invite

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Fuze / Suffugio / Contritum GMT-5
Reyz / Reyzdoc / Reyzsold / Reyzjin / Reyineer GMT+1
Cratattak / Zanokia GMT+1
Crazi / Hornblower / Stokken GMT +1
Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Nanomace / Macer36 / Macenforce / Agentmace GMT+2
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Whattawap / Sirwappy GMT-5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online
Snarlax
Baby Leet

Post by Snarlax »

Reyz wrote: don't worry about the age, a lot of people just like you played this way back when and still play it today, me included that started like 2005?
And hope you can get your friends and wife perhaps to come and rejoin you and relive those old memories
I am not sure if I can convince them, so instead I'm working on my two daughters who are now 15 and 19 and often play games with me as well. :)
Reyz wrote:keep in mind if you relog / log out youll have to tell bobsan !join again as it wont auto invite
Will do!
Reyz wrote: Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.
I've spoken on the channel a few times (hopefully correctly), but it was super late/early so not sure if anyone was around.
Reyz wrote: At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.
Sounds good!
Reyz
Strong Leet

Post by Reyz »

I did see you online this morning when i was on briefly to check some bits. Didnt manage to catch you before you did sign off though...

Curious question since you listed your alts. Kylamane is part of Ninja Kittens, a pvp oriented omni org, do you partake in pvp often on it?
Snarlax
Baby Leet

Post by Snarlax »

Reyz wrote:I did see you online this morning when i was on briefly to check some bits. Didnt manage to catch you before you did sign off though...

Curious question since you listed your alts. Kylamane is part of Ninja Kittens, a pvp oriented omni org, do you partake in pvp often on it?
No I don't. In fact, I didn't even know the org was pvp oriented.

When I was first thinking about returning to the game, a member of that org was in the new player help channel of the main AO discord and was super nice and helpful. So when I made a new character to re-learn things, I joined his org. They definitely seem like nice folks and have a nice community in their org. And while I like having a few omni toons, I have been primarily clan since launch and have always found that side more fun/appealing from a lore/RP standpoint.

The only character I have really pvped on is Snarlax, my clan fixer.
Snarlax
Baby Leet

Post by Snarlax »

I wasn't able to get on until late and I think I must have missed the officers. I was on between about 3am - 10am EDT (GMT-4).

I did get to have a very long chat with a member though (Lyrassa). Look forward to speaking with an officer for an interview. :)