GrumpyEngie

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
GrumpyEngie
Baby Leet

AP Application - Grumpy

Post by GrumpyEngie »

Hello, there! My name is Grumpy (don't worry, I'm anything but. I've been using variations on that name ever since I got fed up with "name in use errors" when attempting to join some long-forgotten forum forever ago)

I'm a returining player who's forgotten most of what he knew about this lovely game. Looking for an org to help me rediscover it.

my time zone is US CST or -6 GMT I'm usually online during noon through midnight tuesday/thursday/weekend. Other days I have dialysis and may not be on at all (some days are worse than others and take longer to recover)

I've read the Code of Conduct and agree unreservedly.

my characters are:

Grumpyengie: Engineer 14/1/1 (at time of writing) Clan
Grympymcnano: Nanotechnician 97/10/10 (if I've read them all correctly) Clan

Now why is my NT listed second? Well, like I said above I've forgoten most of what I knew about AO, and it seemed like a good idea to start a new character and focus on him first. I may even reroll my NT eventually.

Looing forward to exploring Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands with you!
Chrisax
President

Re: AP Application - Grumpy

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Grumpy, and welcome on AP forums! :) Don't worry, we have plenty of grumpy people. :P

Thank you for your clear application and explanatins.

Mant returning players join us to find a new home and rediscover AO, and we are happy to help.

Thanks also for reading and agreeing on our Code of Conduct.

Now your next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Gsxdsm / Gsxostenf / Oweo / Nihilumi GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Crataatak / Eezeh / Zanokia GMT+1
Talmahera / Tefnet / Dunnan / Gallya GMT +2
Coderox / Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crataatak / Eezeh /Zanokia GMT+1
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz GMT -5

You can see GMT/UTC in-game with the F9 key.

See you on RK soon! :)