Application - neo

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
neo
Baby Leet

Application - neo

Post by neo »

Hi everyone :)

My ingame name has been neo for a long time whatever my toons' name have been.

I've been playing on and off since 2005 (RK2). Started my career as a clan fixer/engi/doc... switched to omni because the fixer grid quest was a nightmare for a lonesome clan fixer. I didn't realize switching side would take that long (must have used a ql200 form =D> ) and I ended up switching most of my alts on the blue side.

I've been thinking about joining AP for a long time now; even applied some time ago... unfortunately, that was really at the end of my last AO playing period and I therefore didn't go through the whole process.

The reasons why I wanted to join:
1) The org motto / code of conduct is *exactly* what has been my way of playing the game for 15 years and I'd really like to share that with others again.
2) I've been missing half of the game: those blue garden keys are waiting for me :)
3) I hope my omni past won't be a problem: I've never been and probably never will be involved in PvP (at some rare occasions, I have served the clans by being farmed against my will!).

I live in France and being old and divorced, my playing schedule can be extensive depending on my work schedule.

(some of) My toons:
Tsumego - clan soldier 113/10
Sethjons - clan engi 130ish
Melusine - omni engi 220/30/70
Sarahjay - omni trader 220/30/70
Ellymunroe - omni fixer 220
+ many lower toons

Hope we'll be soon playing together :)

neo
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Re: Application - neo

Post by Cherib »

Hi Neo

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP.

When you have a minute please read our Code of Conduct and Org chat guidelines and and confirm that you agree on them by posting here.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here:
The next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Talmahera / Dunnan / Gallya GMT +2
Cheribomber / Cherima / Cheribs / Officegrrl GMT +12
Crataatak / Zanokia GMT+1
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz GMT -5
Spartan058 / Spatrticos
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Gsxdsm / Gsxostenf GMT -5

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online
neo
Baby Leet

Post by neo »

Hey Cherib,

I herewith confirm that I read the rules and will abide by them :)

neo
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Neo :)

What you forgot to say is that you are a good friend of Chogori who is an AP member. But he did that for you and spoke highly of you. :)

Being known by a member will make your application very simple.

And by the way having a part of your past among Omnis is not and issue. Being a jerk would be. Not experiment with factions. :cool:

See you soon.
discobikiez
Leet

Post by discobikiez »

The Interview!

[Tsumego]: damn... wasnt offline kick.... hope it worked out OK
To [Tsumego]: Allrightie then Im one of the officers of AP and im conducting this interview :)
[Tsumego]: good :)
[Tsumego]: wanna do it on disc?
To [Tsumego]: There are just few questions to get to know you better and so on
To [Tsumego]: no they are always done here
[Tsumego]: ok
To [Tsumego]: First question
To [Tsumego]: A person kills your dyna for no reason that you have been waiting for hours ...what would you do ?
[Tsumego]: go cry in my corner... but it shouldn't happen cause I seldom "camp" ... I run around trying to get as many dynas as I can :)
To [Tsumego]: Hah xD ....Good answer!
To [Tsumego]: Next question!
To [Tsumego]: Did you agree of our Code of Conducy?
[Tsumego]: yes, I even pointed at it as being very close to my personnal code of conduct since the start of my RK journey
To [Tsumego]: Good man!
To [Tsumego]: Next Question!
To [Tsumego]: You are kille by Omni Or Clan...what would you do ?
To [Tsumego]: killed *
[Tsumego]: rez
To [Tsumego]: Good
[Tsumego]: ok, to elaborate a bit: I really, really almost never find myself in a PvP situation... I'm too emotive for that
To [Tsumego]: Indeed
To [Tsumego]: next question
To [Tsumego]: A fellow orgmate offends you greatly in org chat ...what you do ?
[Tsumego]: no big deal... if it happens regularly I'll tell an officer about. I'm 56... very hard to be offended behing my keyboard :)
[Tsumego]: 55 ffs!
[Tsumego]: worst that can happen: I log off
[Tsumego]: very worst: I quit the org
[Tsumego]: very very worst: I'll go make me a coffee and start doing something else :)
To [Tsumego]: I see why chris likes you
To [Tsumego]: xD
[Tsumego]: never spoke to him o.0
To [Tsumego]: in forum seesh
[Tsumego]: ah :)
To [Tsumego]: hmmm...trying to think of a question more...
[Tsumego]: Let me tell you what's AO for me maybe?
To [Tsumego]: yes good question
To [Tsumego]: wait do i have to answer that ?
[Tsumego]: AO is a very well known playground, often discovered, rediscovered and with yet things I don't know about...
To [Tsumego]: oh
[Tsumego]: nah... I have to ;)
To [Tsumego]: i think im getting old
To [Tsumego]: Oh yes ...no game out there like AO ...that hits you with nostalgia like uhhh....volcanic eruption ;3
To [Tsumego]: right last question...
[Tsumego]: but mainly for me, it's like an activity you can share with people all around the world. If you're lucky enough to find friends while playing it... it becomes like an evening at the local bar with your buddies... even better cause you can play challenge each other, make fun of each other... love it
To [Tsumego]: :) i see you are an fine addition to our AP family!
To [Tsumego]: ok last question
To [Tsumego]: Do you have any questions for me or about ap ?
[Tsumego]: the only one: I have many, many toons... many accounts and cities of my own. Somedays I like to just take a stroll alone somewhere on RK.... is it considered as asocial you think? :)
[Tsumego]: meaning: do I have to account for all my alts?
To [Tsumego]: xD not at all
To [Tsumego]: and
To [Tsumego]: only the ones that are clans or who you want to invite to ap
To [Tsumego]: invited *
[Tsumego]: I wont switch the 200+ toons clan I'm afraid....
[Tsumego]: it's too much of a hassle
To [Tsumego]: damn
To [Tsumego]: well as i sayd only the ones that actually you want invited
[Tsumego]: but I have already started a family I wish to up to 220 :)
To [Tsumego]: welph im in process of doing ado mishes etc and can help with other stuff and rest of our orgmates can help you with rest of the other stuff also :) i do olds/news quite alot so...getting anyone to 220 is quite easy
[Tsumego]: engi/trader/soldier/doc... they need a bit of time to switch back to clan though
To [Tsumego]: 6hrs
To [Tsumego]: ingame
To [Tsumego]: if you dont get them kicked from org that is
[Tsumego]: more than that... they clicked on an omni membership some monthes ago :(
To [Tsumego]: are they under 200 ?
[Tsumego]: anyway... I'll get them invited when they're up for it
[Tsumego]: yes
To [Tsumego]: well buy the clan invitation high one
To [Tsumego]: easy as that
[Tsumego]: they're alignement switch locked... because they switch less than.... 5000 minutes ago :)
To [Tsumego]: theres an alignment lock ?
To [Tsumego]: first time hearing that
[Tsumego]: anyway: engi and trader are already clan, so I'll get them kicked form org and invited in AP
To [Tsumego]: for me this interview was amazing :) for me YES for invite
[Tsumego]: BEWARE: Changing sides will disable your ability to EVER become Neutral! Using this form disables your ability to change sides again for 738 minutes to 95 hours, depending on the quality level of the form!
To [Tsumego]: hmm what about premium changer
[Tsumego]: and paying FC points to get an side switch doesn't aleviate that cooldown
To [Tsumego]: oh
To [Tsumego]: guess youll suffer through it xD
[Tsumego]: heh... they are already logged :)
To [Tsumego]: So...is that going to be your main ?
To [Tsumego]: and i think code is going to say Yes aniways for me ...by way of him wanting me to interview you xD
[Tsumego]: I have been contempleting the soldier career for 15 years... this is the highest I've ever reached... the safe bet would be to say my main will be the engi or the trader... is it dramatic if I switch mains?
To [Tsumego]: not at all
To [Tsumego]: just pick your main
To [Tsumego]: to add your alts to
[Tsumego]: then Tsumego is my main :)
[Tsumego]: I *have* to push a soldier to 220
To [Tsumego]: well i can push you to 150 if you want it to be ? xD
To [Tsumego]: or 160
[Tsumego]: nah... team play yes, PL... not so much, but thanks though
To [Tsumego]: im going to post this to the forum
ap_codemancrat
Big Leet

Post by ap_codemancrat »

Sounds very good to me.
Good job Zoid.
I have even teamed with him, very lvlheaded and calm dude. Funny too :-D
Good for me to invite.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thx Zoid and GJ :)

Godo interview, and with Code's rteport of good teaming experience, in addition to Choguri's friendship with Neo, it's all good for me.

Invite on sight I'd say :)
neo
Baby Leet

Post by neo »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the invite. 4 toons already in AP since the start :D
I hope to get at least one to 220 soon so that I can participate a bit more in AP's life (ie., raiding).
Meanwhile do not hesitate to ask me for buffs or whatever help that can either be done by my clan lowbies or doesn't involve kicking too many unredeemed asses :P

o/
neo
aka Tsumego / Parking / Sethjons / Munroe / and soon Antibiotic :)