Application: Scy

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Scykeep
Big Leet

Application: Scy

Post by Scykeep »

Hello everyone!

I'm Scy, a returning player. I've been active from 2006-2011 (highschool&uni period) then quit the game cause life got real :)

I've never lost the love for the game. When i played it, i played it to the max. I'm in a stage of my life where nostalgia hits hard and this time i couldnt resist reactivating.

I want to join AP cause you seem an active guild with alot of players. My old guild is Vengeance, but now nobody plays from that guild anymore. After reeding the CoC and org chat guidlines, i feel like this is the place for me to be.

I'm 32, married, father of 2 and, as you can see, very extraverted :-P
I'm GMT+2 (DST), will usually be online in the late evening hours. At this point i am already envoking article 6 of org chat guidlines: [...]Examples: your baby start screaming and you rush without typing anything first to your team [...] - i hope this will be as rare as possible.

Full disclosure, i forgot 98,2% of the game, so i am kindly asking for help and guidance in every aspect (what tools, maps, buffs to use etc).

Here are my toons:
- Scykeep (main) 220/30/70 clan
- Scystab 220/30/70 clan
- Metascy 220/30/70 clan
- Scyeng 220/30/? clan
- Neorunner 150 neutral (was made for omni side of gms)
- some more mid lvl alts and mules that are inactive (all clan)

I'm a team player, willing to help at all time as much as i can - and as soon as i remember how!
I hope you'll consider my application

Scy
Last edited by Scykeep on Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Re: Application: Scy

Post by Ustarlen »

Hi Scy

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP. Nice to see returning players who have been around since highschool!

When you have a minute please read our Code of Conduct and Org chat guidelines and and confirm that you agree on them by posting here.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here:
The next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Talmahera / Tefnet / Dunnan / Gallya GMT +2
Codebits / Codecrasher / Coderox / Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Khimaru / Karmony / Khimmortal GMT+2 and around
Crataatak / Eezeh / Zanokia GMT+1
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz GMT -5

GMT / UTC can be seen in-game with the F9 key.

We look forward to seeing you online :)
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Hi Scy

Just checking up how you are getting on with Cool Down for the org change as we'd like to invite you to join AP, so just waiting for you to come back on guest and let an officer know you are available.

Cheers
Ustar
Scykeep
Big Leet

Post by Scykeep »

hey, i'm already in :)
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Righto. Welcome :)