Application to join your Org

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Application to join your Org

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

I'm interested in joining your guild. I was teamed with your org member Meex for quite a while a couple of days back and I have to admit that since I've been playing Anarchy Ive
been helped by kind folks but NEVER have I met some one as patient, fun, personable and willing to help as this guy from Vancouver. Hes also a rabid hockey fan which is a BIG plus
in my book :)
Since I've been playing Anarchy I have tried to play the game in such a way that I learn what the game is about, not just try to power lvl or team up with high lvl dudes to go on
booty runs although I have done both. My main goal is to try to play and learn about the game as it was meant to be played. To be honest Id rather not read spoilers etc...but I do
find myself getting quite lost at times. I am a firm believer in being as charitable as I can as a player both in being friendly and humorous towards others but also giving stuff away to who ever needs it if the need arises. Case in point: a few months back I was out exploring in wailing wastes just to see what was out there. I came across a "red bar" high lvl dude battling it out with a glowing blue meanie and he was struggling. So I opened up on the mob with my low lvl SMG and even though i was only hitting for little it was just enough to allow the high lvl dude to kill him. He
thanked me and said the booty was mine and he took off. I got some real good high lvl amour that I couldn't use but I saved it for when i could...not too long after I came
across a guy that was newer than me and I took him to TOTW for the first time. He was thrilled and I thought "you know? people have helped me so its time to return the favor" So
I gave him my high lvl amour. I'm not saying this to blow my own horn but just to show what my philosophy is. I believe if I do stuff like this so I can contribute to the sense of community and caring that I've come to love in this game and for me that is what I'm looking for in an org. I want to feel as though I'm part of a community who cherishes these ideals as well and if your man meex is an example of this org's philosophy then I would love to be a part of it. I'm not afraid of asking questions and yes I make mistakes....[hoo boy do I ever]. Anyway...please let me know what I need to do and yes I have read all your terms and conditions and agree 100% with all of them. Its refreshing to read these rules being so carefully thought out as they are.
I have just purchased Shadowlands and am learning about that and still learning about Rubi ka. My Fixer is lvl 77 and has the same name as you see here. I have two other alts as well but never use them...
Anyway...thank you for your time and consideration and all the best to you and yours for the new year. And meex where ever you are...thank you again for arguably the best time I've
had on this game since I stated playing! :D
-There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.-
Sookie
Big Leet

Re: Application to join your Org

Post by Sookie »

welcome to the forums and happy new year. Meex is the bomb and listed on here as Nooba... so look for post BY(edit) Nooba and get in touch. Head to Vanguards in OA and look for AP or G.o.A. members, ask one of them for a guest invite and get in chat with org members to get to know them and they get to know you. and last but not least GTZ on SL! get LE and PVP too...

Good luck with app process, it takes time, but it's WELL worth it. They are a great AO Family... scratch that,.. they are the BEST AO Family. =D>
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

ummmm I have absolutely NO idea where or what Vangaurds is...sorry... :cry:
also I'm paying 5$ a month (US) for Shadowlands...how much do the others cost do you know?
-There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.-
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hiya Fisty

call me nooba or noobas, since thats what other know me as. Thanks for the kind words, but I think you caught me on a nice day, lol. Regardless, the reason I invited you to apply is that I also think you show all the characteristics that the org identifies with.

Please read the CoC (Code of Conduct) and see if you agree, I'm sure you will.

Vanguards is the little ramp beside OA grid. We'll see ya in game soon again.

HF'z
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

I read it and agree with the code of conduct... :D
I'm still confused...where is "OA"? :? I'm sorry but I'm just not that up on all the AO geography.
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

enter grid and exit OLD ATHENS (OA) Vangaurds is also at that exit. you are sure to see a AP or GoA org member there too.

All upgrades i think are about 13USD p/month or about 96 for year..

Take Care!
Unk
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

cool ok its at OLD ATHENS...I know where that is...thanks pal!! umm what does G.O.A stand for?
( I told you I ask a lot of questions...)
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Hi Fisty, GoA stands for Guardians of Athens, its our sister org. We have 2 cities next to each other based in CoT (Coast of Tranquility) AP & GoA.

GL with your app & no worries if u have questions im sure someone will try answer them for you at the best of times.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

Thank you and a huge vote of thanks to those members who've been chatting with and putting up with my nonsense in-game :roll: Its a lot of fun...
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

LOLz.. i wish i was still playing. I'd love to help. Hope all goes well and bring the Qs on.. have some fun and no worries..
FiStYdaCLoWn wrote:Thank you and a huge vote of thanks to those members who've been chatting with and putting up with my nonsense in-game :roll: Its a lot of fun...
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hi fisty, like the name btw, welcome to AP application process.

I've been in the org for a few months now i guess, its certainly made my AO time much more enjoyable. I have a few toons around the 70's and 80's if you struggle to find a team in SL (which can be hard depending on your timezone, aussie here so i know all about it) send a tell (/tell elrojo) and if i can i'll log a crat or NT or enf or keeper and we can grind some mobs. Also if you need key quest helpz i can give you Run speed buffs or help kill some mobs (though you wont get XP if i use my advy). the 70-100 time can be tough in SL cos most people with alts just get outside tanks to power level until they can solo hecklers in ely. I recommend mortiigs near the beach in Elysium. I think its near Spade on your map. You can pick up the odd spirit tech (mostly from the bosses) which is needed to make your perennium beamers (short muzzle), or the peren sniper (agent), or peren blaster (soldier). I can even look in my bags to see if i have any beamer parts.

For ingame helpz with fixer Mophro/phixels is a good one and he's ALWAYS online. In general noobas/soldiermate/meex/rodog is very knowledgable for raiding, twinking, and loves a long post. Lordkosh/solokahne is very good in PvP so if thats a road you want to take ask him, PvP is not just in Lost eden but at some RK things like Tara (150+ raid with nice loot). Chrisax/mekanos (rarely) has played for 550 days (thats game time) so you can ask him what day that put the 2nd tree to the left of OA hill and he'll know. Grind is also a good bank for knowledge on the game and also online alot.

Biggest help i get is to read forums, there's plenty here on how noobas built some of his toons, lots of history about org and some people's characters. also allows people to answer your questions at work when they arent getting agged by a zodiac in pande :)
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

Wow...I think i understood all that!!! heheh sometimes I have trouble with all the AO abbreviations...thanks for the info...I'll look you up. As I said right now I definitely want to be in learning and exploring mode. I don't want to just blow the game wide open without enjoying it to its fullest...by that I mean i want to explore...socialize (you nice folks have really made that aspect finally come alive for me) and make mistakes. As long as I have the ears (erm eyes...lol) of friendly folks like yourself...well then every day online is going to be a winner no matter what I do. I continue to look forward to chatting with you kind folks and getting to know everyone as the days roll on. Id love to team with you as well and learn from that experience too. I had the good fortune of teaming with meex (nooba) a few days back and it was the most fun I'd had playing. Jimzip helped me out today and I learned the basics of twinking. ( thanks man) You good folks really do follow your good code of ethics. God bless you all.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

Hiya Fisty and welcome to our fourms and our guest chat!

After reading what you originally posted, I can totally agree with you on helping others out. It a great mentality to bring into a game, even though you will run into alot of selfish people through your journey to the top.

I have a plenty helped newer players to the game and even veteran players new to certain professions by showing them to a destination they wanted to go to and have even helped out a fellow clansmen who was a sl00b pick up some items he needed from a AI playershop, and when he tried to tip me, i denied and gave him some of my older symbiants and crat gear i didn't use. The guy was ecstatic and said that not many people in AO would do such a nice this for a non-orgmate.

That kind of generosity is few and far between and I would love to see you become apart of our internet "family" ;) Good luck mate and hope to see you wearing the Athen Paladins tag above our head loud and proud!

Ceokittymeow
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

I will continue to do what I can when I can for whomever I can and let the chips fall where they may...thanks for the vote of confidence. And you know a few days after I bumped into the guy again and he said that he'd dumped the armor! So I thought, how should I feel about this? Well I came to the conclusion that a gift given is a gift given and once it is given, it is no longer the giver's. ( if you can follow that). So I wished him well and went on my way.

Eventually, though, I'm gonna find that mob that puked up that armor again give him what for. Its the principle of the thing...lol. He's in the lower right corner of Wailing Wastes...can't remember his name but he was blue and glowin' and shinin' like some space age fruitcake. He and I defiantly have a date in the future... :twisted:
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

FiStYdaCLoWn wrote: He's in the lower right corner of Wailing Wastes...can't remember his name but he was blue and glowin' and shinin' like some space age fruitcake. He and I defiantly have a date in the future... :twisted:
A Dyna Boss perhaps?
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!