Migertadvy Application

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Migertadvy
Baby Leet

Migertadvy Application

Post by Migertadvy »

Hi to every one,

My name is Migert and i am 21 yrs old, and i am from Belgium.

I readed AP rules and totaly agreed with them.

I play AO since 3 year but i toked alot of PAUSE beacause i had some works to do in IRL.

I dont know if u heard some Ommers said that i ninjad them, but the story isnt really true since some weeks i am camping Specs boss for SSOS and once i was teamin with 2 other ommers and they ninjad me SSOS and they didnt even roll and i didnt say anything cuz i didnt want to act childish.

Some days before i teamed wtth other ommers (not a simple clan in that team)and i did same thing to them beacause they did it to me the same and i dint tell anything to no one.

I was in french org and they didnt understand why i ninjad it and i simply leave it without doing any problem.

The omni i ninjad the SSOS said they every single org u wil jon i'll tell them what u did and that he have 3 SSOS that he dont care all what he whant is to give a bad reputation to me so not aingle Org accept me.

Thats why i am telling all the story.

Even if i did it once i know that is bad and i wont do it again, and theres was no clan in tham team just did it to ommers like they did to me.

Would love to join AP so i can help with all what i can.

Have a nice day
Migertadvy
butrkup
Strong Leet

Re: Migertadvy Application

Post by butrkup »

Hi Migert, I think we have teamed for BS before, or at least I have seen you there. I am not an AP officer, so I can't speak for all of AP, but I can understand the temptation to do what you did. I personally accept your promise that you won't do it again and believe in second chances. Hope to team with you soon and enjoy AO with you. 8)
-Butr <3
May the laughter fill your glass,
May your disappointments pass,
May your illusions last until they shatter
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Welcome to AP forums, glad you read & accept the CoC (we take it pretty seriously).

Go past Vanguards near OAG & ask an AP for a guest invite to chat so we can get to know you.

HF & gl with app.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Welcome migert , if u are going to join APs u have to pay me 900mil + 1 SSoS :mrgreen: .
Kidding ofc , take care with those matter and gl with the application period
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Welcome mig,

At last someone from Belgium :-).
Good luck with the apllication
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

Welcome MIG.... if you walk by VANGS and don't see someone they are all camping the new expations.. they will return. Catch you in game and glad you stopped by.

Unk
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
ccic
Little Leet

Post by ccic »

hey there migert!
I don't know if you remember me, but im that fatalerror gimp, 4 years ago we met at totw ^^
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Sounds like you've been both victim and victimized due to non-rolling loot.

Unfortunately, it's hard sometimes to communicate prior to a kill what the rules for looting will be.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of retribution, but I'm also not a fan of being ninja'd. I would assert that the best form of retribution is immediately after the event, ask if the item is to be rolled, and if not threaten the ninjaer with reporting a ninja incident. Copy and paste the messages in chat into a notepad or word doc so you have a record of the incident.

While it's in the AO rules that anyone in the team has equal rights to loot, it is impossible to split an item into one-thirds. The best option therefore is to roll it or buy out the rolling competition, but, if a roll doesn't happen after requesting one, go and send some tells to the president of the org of the person who has ninja'd you. Next, if no answer is forthcoming, I would send a tell to the player who ninja'd and say that you will be posting the chat log on forums, and see what his reaction is.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to post specific incedents including names of individuals, but I'm sure you're allowed to say what org the person was from. Hence, the president of the org will have to face up to having a ninja'r in his org. Most presidents (read all) don't want to be harnessed with the bullshit storm surrounding ninja'rs, and so they will usually try to deal with it in private prior to the mess created by a public posting, especially if it's a chatlog, where there is little to no ambiguity in who is at fault. Thus said, be very careful in your wording in trying to get the person to roll the item, and in what you are saying; also, make sure to edit out the persons name from the chat log, and only refer outwardly as "a person from XXX org" for example.

Finally, don't forget that not ALL omni are asshole guys. Generally, there are many decent dudes, who, if they weren't there, we would be bored sick of only fighting mobs, and no people. Also, regardless of a ninja, if you ninja in retribution, it STILL makes you a ninja'r.

While I don't agree with the practice of ninja'ing, I can imagine that it is a frustrating and slow process to get a response from soemone who can or will do something about it. Going vigilante on omni ass and getting yourself a SSOS is probably a much more satisfying manoeuver, however it will certainly garner you a bit more negative attention. If you can deal with it, all the power to you, if not, you may want to follow the route I outlined earlier.

Either way, SSOS are far more common now, and it's highly likely that everyone will forget the incident soon enough. Being ona omni KOS list isn't a bad thing. I personally have most omni on a KOS list, unless they've proven themselves to be trustworthy (I can count them on one hand.)

If you've made a promise to not ninja again, I'd recommend that you figure out another way to deal with that sort of occurence again, since, if a clanner ninja's you, there will certainly be much larger and deeper implications IF you decide to take the low road and force retribution by ninja'ing another fellow clan.

Lastly, I agree with Butr, if you've made a promise, I agree with second chances, however, you must realize that part of that reputation will follow you to Athen Paladins, and, perhaps prior to formal acceptance, in my opinion, you have more work to do to sort out the issue mentioned. It doesn't have to be giving the sword back, perhaps just informing those present (or the president who wants to ruin your rep) of the circumstance and make sure they understand why it happened, and how, if at all, they view your actions. It may be that they won't accept any type of reasoning, in that case, it may be just a burden you have to bear for a while- which may or may not influence acceptance into AP.

Best of luck though, and hope to see you in game soon :D
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Cheers Nooba^^ nice post, alot of toons wouldnt know what to do in that type of situation. The forums post with not naming names but naming orgs. That way as you say the whole org will get bad rep & harshly deal with the person responsible, alternatively they wont care & will be happy to run around acting like tards^^

*hugs*

PS.... WTB Joo back in game.
PSS.. Send your ISP another rude letter
PSSS. Buy a spare router (incase) so you never leave us again.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins