Srompu application

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Srompu
Baby Leet

Srompu application

Post by Srompu »

Hello all,

I've recently joined RK2. I actually rolled myself on RK2 a while ago, and joined Komodites. Since then, I've been completely inactive on RK2. I'm taking another crack at it now that I know some people here.

I'm a friend of Hacre/Coercive/Ninpopotamus of RK1/2, and would love to have the chance to level with him. Also, I've heard good things about your org throughout the forums, and I'd like a chance to meet some of the Rimorians. Finally, I'd like to learn from Lupus in Agent pvp.

My RK2 toons are both level 2: Srompu and Sakkimi.
I may also be online from time to time on RK1 on my main, Srompu.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Re: Srompu application

Post by Grind42 »

Hi Scrompu,

Welcome to AP forums, please read our CoC (code of conduct) when you online contact an AP member & ask for a guest chat invite so that we can get to know you.
We normally hang out at Vangs (Vanguards) by OAG unless we all busy. Or just ask on Clan OOC if any paladins around & I can almost Guarantee we will be contacted about you wanting to contact us :-) Rinse wash repeat when you online please.

Looking forward to meeting yourself & Hacre & all the friends you bringing to RK2 lol.

Catch you online!
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ya, what grind said,

just out of curiosity, whats with the exodus from RK1?

I've heard there is some drama, and attitude with regards to pvp, but is it so bad that people want to leave the server?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Srompu
Baby Leet

Post by Srompu »

Mine isn't an exodus from RK1: I'm still semi-active there. I'm rolling a toon on RK2 mainly to try out pvp with the RK2 bunch, since pvp is dying on RK1 and I can't get the test server to patch for me.
In terms of people leaving, I personally know 5-6 clan who are looking for/have moved to another game or dimension, and 2-3 omni who are also so fed up with the imbalance and lack of active pvpers that they're looking for other options.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

when you say lack of balance, could you please explain that?

Like: is there 100000 omni and only 7 clan?

Or, has everyone and thier dog rolled a trox fixer, and you're tired of fighting trox fixers?
Srompu
Baby Leet

Post by Srompu »

I'll use a couple examples:
Clan zerged down and planted the first tl7 field in ~3 years, and the reason our CT made it to 100% was a zone crash which put the field to 75%. When the defense started the next day it was 11 clan defenders against 83 omni.

If clan puts their online pvp-lovers together at a good time, we can get a nice tower team. The omni pvp-lovers who will show up within a couple minutes (before the mass) is two teams or more.

Once the mass is done, the omni defender:attacker ratio for non-zerg tower attacks ranges from 3:1 to 10:1 unless it's a premediated clan attack with 5-6 teams where it's usually only 50-100% greater than ours. Such clan attacks happen once every couple months on average.

I've got a couple pvp buddies on omni side who have left tower defenses when they saw how brutally we were outnumbered.

Hacre/Coercive/Ninpo can tell you more :D
The battlestation is reasonably balanced; both sides have their win/lose cycles. However, if you pick a profession and select the really good pvpers from each side, you find the omni ones outnumber the clan ones about 2:1. I don't know whether the omni are more prone to enjoy pvp or the clanners are more prone not to, or what the deal with that one is.
Anyway, hope this helps!

P.S.
Trox fixers exist? :P
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

thanks for the explanation.

That many omni make it ridiculous.

Right now Clan is outnumbered by omni by about 55:45 to 70:30

I'd say on average, that clan win fewer decisive victories, and omni generally can dominate the TL7 tower wars.

Devil Inside, Demon Inside, Quetzacotl, GoA, AP, Alpha Omega, The Reborn, Assassins Creed, Coven of Hunters and and others are usually the more dominant Clan orgs. However, there are a few Omni orgs who are seated at the top of the pvp chain.

Generally TL2-5 is owned by clan, TL7 owned by omni... but clan has a new strategy involving complete tower annihilation at lower levels, thus limiting omni participation at higher levels due to 4h flags. haha
Last edited by noobas on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Sounds good noobas, but i am semi-retired on advy. Right now he's getting a few armour reductions to fund the crat. Crat will go PvM however mainly except for a few tower wars. A PvP crat is just far too much money and too much for me atm. Planning on getting crat to prime PvM cred farming material then rebuilding Advy. I enjoyed Advy PvP more than PvM, but still not a big PvPer.

Demon Inside/Devil inside is the other big Clan PvP org i think. They usually top the TW numbers with 8-9+ to each zerg.

The imbalance is still there BS wise. There are a few reasons. Omni seem to get more Soldi/doc/trader teams and work together! Clan seem to suck it up more when losing and go back for more. Typically omni will win 5-6 in a row fairly convincingly, when clan win 1-2 in a row omni leave.

Big TL5-7 tower wars seem to be fairly uncommon these days, unless they are zerging when i am snoozing. Lower range 15-130 seem to have an attack all the time. I guess lower TL requires less mass PvP organisation.

Grind is fairly active in TL7 wars so he is another good one to turn to also!

GL with Application though, hope RK2 suits you well
Srompu
Baby Leet

Post by Srompu »

Heya guys, I'd like to re-start this process if possible. :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Srompu wrote:Heya guys, I'd like to re-start this process if possible. :)
Welcome back, Srompu. :)

You know the procedure already so just meet us online and ask for a chat invite, to begin with. :)
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

WB

*waves*