fistofwoe app

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
fistofwoe
Baby Leet

fistofwoe app

Post by fistofwoe »

hi hi,

i was walking around lost (looking for a ncu chip seller) when a mighty nice and helpful person showed me the way. turns out he was an Apaladin officer and a heck of a guy. after talking awhile he said come sign up for this org so here i am, because if your all one tenth as nice it will make the game that much funner! i came here from a MUD (texted based old school game) where i was a clan leader. the mud however died :<CRIES>: so on to graphics i go. im a hardcore gamer (eg: i play way to much muahahahah) always looking to help others and ready to learn.
i dont know what else to say besides my chars name is fistofwoe and im down to join your ranks
see ya in there i guess.

thanks,
Jax (rl name incase you were wondering)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: fistofwoe app

Post by noobas »

hiya fisto (we're going to have to call fisto, because there is another fella whose name is fisty)

hehe, it was a pleasure to meet you and help you out a bit last night.

Please read the CoC, it's in the same location as this thread, as a sticky.

Please come by the vanguards... um, I'll try to show you where that is tomorrow, to get an invite into guest chat.

(vanguards is in old athens, and if you go north all the way, in the middle of the town (east-west) there is a ramp, and, if you aim your view wwaaaayyy up, you'll see a sign over the wall there that says Vanguards. there should be a few people around there, and thats where the AP/GoA folk come to hang out, get buffs, transfer stuff, and chit chat. It's also right beside the Old Athens grid, so, at later levels it's a very handy place to meet up.

cya in game :)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

welcome to the AP foums!

As Nooba explained please read out CoC and head to Old Athens for a Ap guest invite and we can get you started :)
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
fistofwoe
Baby Leet

Post by fistofwoe »

d'oh i already broke rule 6 i begged for creds and got 10k :(
i was told by the person that showed me AO that should be my first step.
never again though, other then that me and the CoC is all gravy :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

begging for credits is umm, sort of standard if you've never played before. Some people beg for credits, but, usually they get labled quickly as beggers (oddly enough), and /ignored which doesn't help you out later.

/begging = suxx
/coversation that you've never played before but learning how to do stuff, and saying you are saving credits to buy XXX nano, and then a person decides to give you 1m creds so you can buy your nano(s), on the other hand, is TOTALLY fine, AND will get you WAY more usually than begging.

Generally, we don't want people to /beg for credits in org chat or to the alliance.

That said, you'll find that AP and the allinace will be MORE than helpful in getting you everything you need.

Good people will show you how to make credits though... and, you can ask about that in org chat as much as you want.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

G'day Fisto,

I'm guess you must have run into grind using Noobs account.... J/K. Yeah noobs seems to always be helping someone.

I would refer you to the several posts that have been floating around AP forums regarding startup packages etc. I will stop short of saying its a definite but have a chat to ceokittymeow who apparently is our HR officer.

Other than that try to kill RK mobs and do missions as you can get XP/Phatz/Credz/tokens fairly easily
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Welcome to our forums, Fisto. :D Hope to see you online soon.

Noobas has a good point about begging vs asking politely for some reasonable help as a newcomer. :)

Online, we can tell you more about little tricks to make more money. But always remember this: in Rubi-Ka missions, loot everything and then sell it. This doesn't look much each time, but, over time, that is a very decent income to pay for regular products sold in stores.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

A fixer once told me the trade secret about making your first fortune and that was:

"If it isn't nailed down, take it... and if it is, use you gun in you have to so you can pry it apart!"

Got me far with those words...
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
tommytanker
Maxi Leet

Post by tommytanker »

Welcome to our forums Jax!
If you need any help or assistance, ask me in-game and I'll help you out :)
We are here to help!
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

d'oh i already broke rule 6 i begged for creds and got 10k :(
i was told by the person that showed me AO that should be my first step.
I like your honesty.
Welcome Jax , i wish u good luck :D
fistofwoe
Baby Leet

Post by fistofwoe »

ok, I go to vanguards many times and I see paladins sitting there, I ask to be added to the bobsan channel but no one replys. hackhammer does add me when he comes on but I am little tired of begging to be let on a channel and being ignored, so I shall stop. if u want me in your org I would love to join so sign me up. if not then those are the breaks. ok my rant is done muahahah see you all in game.

peace,
Jax
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Ahh the old time zone problem. There are others who can add you also and maybe shooting a PM to a few may help. Depending on your time zone.

Mekanos/Chrisax (pres)
Ceokittymeow (too many toons to name)
Noobastank/noobasmurf/noobasknight/hackhammer
Grind42/isqueljoo(?)
Lupusceleri/alphacenta/silversmith
Faros1978/amalia7
Mophro/Markofanger

Otherwise you can put up an OOC request for an Athen paladins to meet you/PM you. Someone in the alliance usually relays the message when they see it.

GL. It took me a few goes to find an online character too
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

yes... I feel your pain / annoyance as well.

It's SUPER annoying to go to vanguards, to find 3 AP's sitting there all afk. and unable to relay your message.

I'll make a conscious effort to invite you into chat.

Anytime youre out running around, and you see an AP or GOA member, feel free to ask them to invite you into org bot. the command is "!inviteuser fistofwoe"
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Excuses for us being afking b*stards when we're at Vanguards, most of the time.

I've sent you an offline tell ingame that should make things a bit easier for you. :) We very much do want to see more of you! :D
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sincerely sorry if you found only AFK people at vanguards. But we are certainly not neglecting you. It's just bad luck, probably due to time zones.

At what time GMT are you online? (If you don't know GMT, then tell us your time zone and your online time.)