Newbies medsuits and the subway

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Newbies medsuits and the subway

Post by noobas »

Anyone checked up on our new applicants?

Problem:

AO doesn't attract enough new people. With old people leaving at a slow rate, soon the operating expenditures will either need to be cut back, in the form of no more devs, and no more updates, or, increased prices to play the game.

Solution:

More advertising, changes to early stages of game. UNTIL THOSE HAPPEN, we as a reputable org must be continually vigilant towards our applicants, those who are just starting the game are most susceptible to be won over by freindliness, support, and some tutoring.

In other words, if we are not active in chasing up our applicants and recruits, we may need to eventually look for another game to play.

So, has Fisto had an interview and has he been invited to the org chat lately? Does he play the game still?

How about Captnjoey? Stiang88 (I know he's in UHS so less of a priority)

I suggest that we make it a priority to enhance the experience of people only recently introduced to the game.

In this way, we can safeguard not only our reputation as being the best and most helpful org on RK2, but also safeguard our more primitive interests, such as being able to play the game and not pay more for this luxury.

I'm willing to hang out in west athens 1 day a month to provide help to newbies coming off the island. Who's with me?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Hundfu

Re: Newbies medsuits and the subway

Post by Hundfu »

You're totally right, Noobas .. !

I'm with you on that .. ! I like helping newcommers .. !:)
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

I'm up for that too, also have lowbie twinky toons for help too.
Last edited by cutiecub on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Approved! :D All good points, Noobas.

We'll even work on a bigger project about newcomers, AO promotion, making the game more enjoyable, etc.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

cool guys. And kitty, GJ! he got back to me in game and mentioned he's all over both those apps. So, good to hear!

yes, I think I will build lowbie toon named "helpdesk" And plant him at the gates to WA!

might even have to load him up with a few creds to help wee newbies.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

It also helps to keep an eye on OOC when you're in OA and stuff. I also used to hang out outside the subway in WA on my crat, and rename my pets to "Ask me about AO". :p
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

All sounds good noobs and nice idea rulzie. I like to help where i can but i'm not great at things like game mechanics, IP set ups on profs i'm not familiar with and froob stuff.

But I try to, if i'm not really doing anything, answer OOC questions.

Possible ideas to strengthen AP reputation:

1) AP helps a noob day. Maybe once a month like 15th all APs (or those able to) put aside non-essential playing time OR like an hour or two to help an OOC person. Or a new AP recruit. We could advertise in the "new to AO" part of the AO forums. People may be able to post there what help is needed, when they are on etc and then we can allocate them to who can help the most. For example general game advice, noobs/lup/rulzie. ToTW run, Tealc/Hund/Cutie. Foremans phatz, Kitty. SoM run, Elrojo. Etc. Or if that is too hard maybe a public section on AP called "post here if you need help even if you arent an AP"

2) Rulzie's idea. Similar to the above where you sit a toon somewhere that noobs will see. Even to camp the newOOC channel to offer verbal help "thanks to Athen Paladins" or similar, like a guide to the basic shops, what each terminal is. What they may need to buy etc.

3) (UN)official mentoring service for recruits of AP that are new to AO. And to have that somewhere in the guild information. "players who are new to AO may be able to take advantage of a mentoring service where a more experienced player is matched with your needs to offer help to enable your character to grow with this complex game". (wording can be changed ofc).

Whatcha think?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

maybe a public section on AP called "post here if you need help even if you arent an AP"

<3 this.

and if it worked to actually get help it woul dbe UBER. BUT, and this is a BIG but, most froobs don't have access to forums, and most paid players don't go to the forums until long after they've been playing.

I think the best plan is to be in WA, and keep an eye on OOC.
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

RANDOM : you guys / gals all kick tail. I think your ideas are AWSOME! keep grabbing the new people and bring the game back to life. after years, i just can't sit and play. I miss each and everyone of you, I just lost my drive. - I have been kicking tail on Socom via PS3 and love it.... best wishes to all of AP. send me a random email.

Unk
utah_will@msn.com

Cheers!
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I'm happy to anounce last night before bed I spent about 700k credits and about 30 minutes helping a newbie in West athens:

nanoglower (lvl 25 NT) was asking for some help with credits for a nano, so I responded to him and spent a bit of time talking with him. I bought him all the general nanos (base stat buffs, treatment expertise, quickness, nano buffs, and 2hb expertise) lol he is a NT using 2HB, and wants a battlerod; a few NT nanos, and 3 QL 30 matter creations implants. he stuck them in, and used the MC expertise and seemed visibly impressed that he could use somewhat higher nanos now....

God, this guy just cracked me up, I ran over to the general store in wolf form, and I spotted him quickly, and he started running away. so I followed him into the trade section, and asked him why is he running away, I spotted him behind a wall, and he's like: there is a monster chasing me! then I cancel wolf, and he almost crapped himself. he's like: wow, I thought you were a monster!! then he's like: can you buff me with some cool manas, and I give him a max HP buff, and he started running away again, LOL because he thought I attacked him (cuz max HP buff didn't fill his HP too,) then he's got mad, he's like: now I have to get more stuff!!, (he was talking about his life back LOL :D )

anyway, bought him a few nanos, and he wanted to get a neleb battlerod, but I told him he wouldn't need for quite a while, so he seemed content to run a few mishes.. I said: collect tokens. I'll hear from him again and try to give him a couple more lessons...
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hahaha noobs awesome. Lol at thinking you were a monster. I used to frustrate the hell out of the dude that introduced me to AO lol. He'd be trying to help me get something on and making imps etc. He'd say "what agi do you have" then come with an imp and i'd be like "dont have enough treat" so he'd be "ok brb" then say "ok put this treat imp in" then I'd be like "not enough strength" lol and it'd go on for hours. To this day i have a phobia about twinking. Putting on anything more than 40 QLs about me gives me the shakes.

Now i'll have to go out and try to find a noob to help!!

Keep up the good work
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Pitty i need to log with Unk or would enjoyed this myself :-).

Been buffing and Ts for some lower people the last day, teaching them about imps and stuff.
Time consuming but can be rewarding.