Seabeasts APP.

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
seabeast
Mini Leet

Seabeasts APP.

Post by seabeast »

Hail and Yarr,

I was a member of your organization years ago and have a 139 toon by the name of seabeast. Having missed much of the game expansions and pathes, I am now returning to the game on a trial account. It is apparent that the community of AP has grown as much as the game itself and I feel lost. I have comprehended the rules of conduct and they too have grown. Ultimately, I have much learning to do which leads me to a dillema.

On the 1st of March I will be upgrading the game and not sure if I should run with my old 139 toon or continue to re-enjoy the leveling process. What is apparent is that I would like to hook up with AP again having many good times with SL as a member. On one hand I hate to miss any action at lvl 139 however, I am really enjoying the leveling process again. Perhaps two accounts when time comes.

Nevertheless, I am about to leave noob island and respectfully request to once again share in the game with this org. As a retired military I have time to dedicate to the unit and defeat all ememies, foreign and domstic, at the expense of your hard earned dollars paying my pention. Waring: I am completely unfimilar with the game at this point. I do not know what a froob is, so I only ask for a little patience as I "grow-up"...again. I will return to the game and once I figure out chat, I will start asking around for officers to lead me the rest of the way to becoming a member. Until that time...may da swartz be with us all.

In game toon name (new) seaking...old is seabeast
Boomer
The Boom

Re: Seabeasts APP.

Post by Boomer »

Hi Seabeast welcome back to our forums. :D You can contact an AP officer ingame to be invited to our guest channel. We look forward to seeing you ingame. Here is a list of some of the names of our AP officers for yo to contact.

TY

Boomer

Armyjade
Armysboss
Armyspice3
Armyspet420
Bloodstripe
Boomersooner
Ceokittymeow
Elexia25
Foxstrife
Hiddenkitty
Makittymeow
Officetroll
Shelbycobra
Tinkertrain

Amyj
Babytealc
Creac
Demonga
Elrojo
Faros1978
Imamedic
Ironia
Istadoll
Jimbob
Jimzip
Lordkosh
Lupusceleri
Mamina
Ninjafx
Noobastank
Tankenstien
Wreakhavoc

Bredin
Daddyrabbit
Doctorhyde
Female
Graytrader
Grind42
Hexy
Kosstos
Kyttn
Mudbucket
Mudpuddle
Retina

Chrisax
Mekanos
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

holy crap boomy.

welcome back seabeast.

If you're open to advice, I would advise using your 139. It will be easier for us to help you along, since there are many of us (I have several) toons in your range. Teaming will be easier, and you will learn quickly and pick up many tricks for when you want to level another toon.

Also, at 139, you are very close to 150 which may be a decent stopping point, at least to gather supplies for a new toon/leveling further.

Good luck, and see you in game (noobasknight/noobastank)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Seabeast! Welcome back. :D It's good to se you again.

Thanks for posting an application, but you are an old member returning to AO, so you will just join with your new characters. No problem. :)

On the other hand, your message was great to tell us about you and your projects in AO. :)
seabeast
Mini Leet

Post by seabeast »

Coo, I do not mind going through the process again but look forward to hooking up with u all. I will shift to toon seabeast on the 1st keeping toon seaking as an alt to work with new comers as they enter the game. AO looking good and I suspect more players to follow with the poor games out there today.
One more thing, which channel do i use in AO to get an invite to the clan channel???
SEA
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

To meet AP, you can so several things:

- Send a tell to any person listed above by Boomer, for example:
/tell boomersooner hello it's me Sea, can you invite me to AP please?

You can know if someone is online by putting this person on your friends list, for example
/cc addbuddy boomersooner
And then, open your friends menu CTRL 7 and see if there is a green light in front of the name: the character is online

- You can also meet APs at the ramp of Vanguards building near Old Athen Grid terminal.
This is north-east of Old Athen, a big building (in the past, it was a prison)
There are often APs sitting there when not busy. Ask them for a guest channel invite, if there is no officer to invite you.

- You can also send a /tell to any AP you see. (Note that a few members are not fluent in English though.)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

if you can't see clan OOC, or whatever, it's because your toon is too low <lvl 11.

there were some nasty cred spammers and FC made it so you can't see/write to Clan OOC until you're level 11 or above.

I thought this was your question.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Hi Sea,

Welcome to AO once again. I'd side with noobas still on picking up where you left on your 139 toon. you will find the levelling has changed a great deal..... Lots of the content added is for 220 toons and hence most people try to go from 1-220 in as short a time as possible. If you enjoy the levelling process its going to be much nicer for you at 139-220 than at 1-139.

Some terms you may need to become familiar with in the mean time. /lft turns lft on or Shift+F opens your LFT interface. If someone says "go lft" then thats what they mean.

OST = outside tank. From levels 30-80 then 90-150 most people will ask for OSTs this is when a doc or enf use either CH or mongo to tank the mobs while the lowbies kill them (hecks usually)

the later is the reason why you wont like levelling from 1-139 since most of the levelling is done with OST/Kite rather than traditional use of skill set.

keeping your 139 toon also means you can use the account to roll a new toon anyway.

GL and cya in game mate
seabeast
Mini Leet

Post by seabeast »

Yea,
Ill be rolling my 139 toon and if money permits (you civilains got to work longer hours so I can get a better pention increase with your tax dollars), I will run both accounts on the 1ST. Thank you for the info, I been runnin around lots asking but got it figured out now. My main problem now is tryin to figure out how to update my map, I got the update but it tells me that I have to remove any maps I have...how do I do that? been reading some and still cant figure it out. Got tons of questions at this low level, you know I will have tons at 139. Regardless, see you all tonight as I trudge the path to happy AO return. BTW, wtf is a froob?
SEA
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Froob = Free Noob at the beginning, to call new players with free AO accounts (only legacy AO and Notum wars)/ Now applies to any free accounts, noob or veteran as well.

About maps, see:

THE BEST MAP OF RUBI-KA: A MUST-HAVE!
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... f=13&t=546

THE BEST MAP OF SHADOWLANDS: THE OTHER MUST-HAVE !
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... f=13&t=544

Mini Maps for LoX - Arid Rift and Neretva Canyon
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =13&t=4889

And if any issue:
Problems with third party maps (AoRK, Spheremap)
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =13&t=4280

Say if you have questions. :)
seabeast
Mini Leet

Post by seabeast »

Thank you for the info again, ill be reading here to figure it all out...it will come back. One more thing, not sure if I am a member or prospect at this point can you clearify and if I am a member...can I get fourm access? BTW, do we have voice? as in vent or TS?

Just downloaded the map...very coo, intall easy and I will play with it tonight. Thank you
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

You have now forums access to all AP private sections. :)

We changed the forums long ago, and unfortunately your account was lost. Fixed now.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

Hello Seabeast, Im Ceokittymeow, HR dept head and Officer for AP. Chris will update your forum access in a moment, as for the Teamspeak/Vent question, We do currently have a Teamspeak that is paid for by fellow Ap mate Purenoob/Creac, you can find connection information here. Please note that we are still using Teamspeak2 and that The offical Teamspeak site only will support TS3 d/l so you will have to find your TS client d/l from a private site (google is your friend!)

Hope to see you on!
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
seabeast
Mini Leet

Post by seabeast »

ok first problem today,
I went on TS and it worked fine as some of you all know, ate chow, returned, attempted to log-on and recieved message, something to the effect of, "TDSoundIn.open No sound driver avalable for use". Any ideas???
SEA
Boomer
The Boom

Post by Boomer »

Try to go to the website of your pc maufactuer and download the latest sound card driver that's available. Hope that is the issue.

Boomer