Application for Carados

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Carados
Baby Leet

Application for Carados

Post by Carados »

Greetings, I'm posting here after Chrisax graciously made some nanocrystals for me from a backlog of instruction disks that I had and suggested I check out these forums. Since I passed 100 and First Steps is gently encouraging me to "get the heck out" I figured that I would take him up on his suggestion. :)

My only character at the moment is a Fixer, level 103 as of this posting. I just started playing AO about a month ago and have been enjoying it greatly. In the spirit of full disclosure, my usual main game is the behemoth World of Warcraft in which I lead raids for my guild "Ominous Latin Phrase" of Norgannon. I picked up AO looking for a new game during the downtime until the next expansion, which considering that the beta has not even begun yet could be *quite* awhile. I doubt AO will ever be my main game and if that disqualified me I understand totally. However, I have been having a lot of fun and don't think I will cease playing now, even after the release of the next expansion for WoW. I mention this in the event that regular game play and attendance of guild events is a requirement here; I would prefer to not be misleading in my application.

As for my goals in-game, just having a friendly and knowledgeable group of players with whom to enjoy the game is about all I could ask. I have no idea where events will take me in AO but since my meeting with Chrisax I have heard a number good things about this organization. Since I need to find a new home as per First Steps general guidelines I'm a bit lost in that regard, but hoping to finding a good place to land. Hopefully this has not been terribly long-winded, and thank you in advance for your consideration.
Jakereaper
Strong Leet

Re: Application for Carados

Post by Jakereaper »

Greetings and welcome Carados!

I am also a level 100 Agent, and thus I bid you welcome!

You can find most of us usually at vangs, our colloquial for the ramp place next to the Grid in Old Athens. That's where you will usually find me too, since I'm pretty lazy in game :P
Yay
Millerna
Growing Leet

Post by Millerna »

chatted ingame, and imo a good addition to our organization.
InsaneEvan
Strong Leet

Post by InsaneEvan »

You heard a lot of good things about this org from your meeting with Chris?

That's totally not a biased opinion or anything.
/sarcasm

Seriously though, this org is awesome for anything you could possibly require.
Ev
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; it is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Marianne Williamson
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Welcome to the forums carados.

Please review the Code of Conduct sticky at the top of this page.

try to get into org chat as much as you can during your application period.

Glad you're enjoiyng the game, and fixer is a great prof to start with.

cheers!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Navian
Mini Leet

Post by Navian »

as the president of First Steps i can say that we have never had any complaints, concerns or issues with him. Carados is a good player and he actually goes to show that First Steps works well despite its small size :Þ
- President of aTrox Caelestis -
- President of Deus Caelestis -
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Indeed an excellent work Dirst Steps does, Navian. :D

I would also like to make clear, and I'd like Carados to confirm it, that when Carados told me he had to find an org, I explained that the Alliance was made of several good orgs and that any will be happy to welcome him. I mentioned ATC, VA, etc... I didn't try to seize the opportunity to recruit someone fast.

I think it's the chat we had and the fact I helped him that made him pick AP, after (I guess) visiting some sites.
Navian
Mini Leet

Post by Navian »

HAVE TO is a strong wording for it but First Steps was only intended to help people get a grasp of the game and make sure that they have a bit of basic knowledge before seeking a more permanent home. Our aim was levels 1-100.
- President of aTrox Caelestis -
- President of Deus Caelestis -
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

"had to" is my wording to make it fast. I don't recall what he exactly said. :)
Carados
Baby Leet

Post by Carados »

I would like to confirm the above, Chrisax was very friendly and easygoing. Most of the pressure actually came from members of First Steps itself who all strongly suggesting finding a new organization after 100 or so. :)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Welcome Carados.

I think we covered it before, but for anyone reading apps and comparing their situation with yours i'll try to summarise AP's opinion of "other games".

Playing WoW or any other online game is not a minus at all. In fact often it is a plus. You have obviusly learnt what communities are like online, how to be self-sufficient, and also to appreciate the limitations of games and deal with it. AP encourages diversity and never mandates play time requirements. Some members take long breaks and some play just 1-2 times per week. And ofc we fully appreciate honesty so we know what we are getting. Rather this than the "where did the new guy go" threads :) .

One thing to note, similar to many games, as you progress onwards from lvl 100 you may find some parts of AO will require long play times for quests (fixer Q's especially), so make sure you do leave some time. but we are always here for help on those.

Good luck with your applicant period and I'm sure, all going well, you will fit right in at AP.

See you in game

/hermesconrad
/elhealj00
/eltankjoo

etc.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Carados Welcome buddy , i havent had the opportunity to meet u in game so far.. Whenever u need something just throw me a tell. Lately u can find me on Clone78 , Tomagutsi , Amalia7 or on my main Faros1978. Cheers!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Faros also gives out free supple.

Its based on the number of tells you send him saying "supplez plz". I'm not sure of the exact number of times you need to say it, but best way is to make a macro ( /macro Phatz /tell clone78 supplez plz" ) and spam it. :twisted: