Malvious - New to AO - Advy

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Re: Malvious - New to AO - Advy

Post by Backstabbah »

Howdy Malvious and welcome to AP forums!

I'll send you an invite to chat and we can progress your app from there:

In general, please read the Code of conduct and the language rules.

Then we can have an interview and invite to org.

Cheers and see you in game,

Backstabbah/Rightaboveit

And yes, I do vouch for him, very mature and eager to learn, I had no idea of his age, but that explains it now :) Chat with you soon, buddy.
Rocts - MA // Backstabbah - Shade // Deadwreck - Enf
Tower War and PvP Perfectionist
Come Check Out My Live Stream @Twitch.TV!
Jakereaper
Strong Leet

Post by Jakereaper »

Hello there!

I saw you yesterday in-game but unfortunately I was busy in-game and could not get to know you better. I am looking forward to seeing you again! Perhaps next time we can spend some time in-game and help in whatever way I can, questions & answers or levelling.

Good luck!
Yay
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

=D> Grats on your upgrade, although froobs are welcome in AP. :)

You can of course have your engineer in AP, as well as any alts, present or future. Just ask for an invite online.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

There is no in-game feature allowing you to do that. Sorry.

You can just ask on org chat "any one can invite my new character?" from time to time, until someone can. Usually quite fast.

Or the !online command in bot will list people online (which doesn't mean they are not busy in a hard fight... or -rarely- AFK)

Also, any AP can do an
!invite nameofsomeone
and invite the person to our guest channel so you're in chat already.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Malv,

Are you in now? I havent been online to see sorry. There is an officers list that all the slacko's before this havent posted. however, I cant be bothered to do it unless you've still not found someone to invite you!

J/k

But find

Chrisax/Mekanos
Grind42/Bobdc
Politico/Noobasdoc/Jetson
Elrojo/Buete/Elhealj00/Eltankjoo
Backstabbah/Rightabovit/Deadwreck
and others

But you can find us near the grid in Old athens on a ramp in front of a building called Vanguards. Vangs, for short.

Otherwise OOC is your friend!
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

I've been at wrk this week doing crunch time before Christmas, but I will be home in 6 hours if you are around, I'll send you tells to check
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Both are damage dealing proffs, engi is better for soloing while leveling, personal opinion. Pvm, both shine, pvp both are great choices. There's only the downside of neither bring a whole lot extra to a team other than dmg. So it's really a matter of which one you end up enjoying more as you play through them.

The best advice I can offer is to pick one, and enjoy the game all the way to 220, that way you learn the entire game and van more easily decide which toon you want next, and you will have a 220 to get money with for your ALTs :) good luck bro
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Engi is actually a great 1st choice since the reflects and extra pet dmg in the high levels are great.

Also if you can get the 200 droid on at a decently early time like 90-110 you can score a lot of XP soloing hecks. So its like your own team all the time

Key is really to have good nano skills (Steppes of Madness cloak - called Neleb), De'valos sleeves. etc.

Also of note is engi's are dirt cheap. The gun is just upgraded through time (check www.ao-universe.com) for the solar powered engineer pistol.

Also you get get around in OFAB/Jathos/Reactive all freeeeee!!!

If you are still in the experimental stage though I would rate them as as follows

Desired professions

Doc - cheap too. Both end game guns and armour are Free nodrop stuff
Enforcer - A bit more expensive as you will need Alien armour
Crat - can be cheap. 1 gun is no drop and can use cheap armour drops
Soldier - expensive (sort of) OFAB is very good and levelling you can use the Kaehler sleeves

Semi useful

Shade - mega DPS, but tricky to solo and can be hard to get he hang of. Moderate costs
Engi - DPS/Auras/Reflects, can be dirt cheap as long as you keep bots high level
Fixer - NCU, runspeeds and evade and high DPS, moderate costs and very strong in PvP
Keeper - Auras are nice, extra AAD and DPS. moderate costs and nano skills are annoying. Can be good in PvM at TL7, but tricky earlier

Not very useful

Every thing else. In fact things like Trader/Advy/NT are all fun to play but they dont specifically offer anything in the team that another "core" prof cant.

Its sad to say but you will go further and faster if you use a desired profession 1st as you will find teams easier. BUT AP will help you with all professions and if you like engi, its a good 1st one for sure!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Afaik if you upgrade them then you need to start again, however the fix up is not bad at all. Some easy to find gun I think and an upgrade and you are back. Also for an engi Miys armour is good. But up until say lvl 100 you can just use carbonum armour. Keepnusing implants until around 110 then you'd can start to use symbs (control). You will need to move to symbs around then because they buff more than the 3 slots that implants do. And eventually you will need the extra skills from the other slots!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Miy's armour drops on Rk off medusas and other mobs. But you can find it on GMI easy enough.

Carbonum plates you buy from RL shops and then a tradeskiller will make the actual armour for you.

OFAB is bought with victory points (but it's cost is probably disproportionate to levelling early on)

Reactive armour drops from hags that are farmed to do biodomes

Jathos and their upgrade drops in the biodomes.

For wraps the electronicum is ok. But grab the solar powered and level it as you go. Once you are higher that an alien pistol is a good 2nd gun
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Elrojo wrote:Jathos and their upgrade drops in the biodomes.
Little wording glitch in a huge amount of information provided by Elrojo :) Upgrades are from Dust Brigade Dungeon (instance) 2 but we usually have them in org bank and they are also quite cheap on market.

For carbonum armor, we have some in org bank for org members. Maybe some QL's you could borrow. (?)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Talk to me online and we'll look for armor. That said maybe Rojo and some othesr have something too.
Tealc
Big Leet

Post by Tealc »

If your going with your MA and can catch me on I can help out with armor, low level symbs for MA and totw with my lvl 60 MA. So if you see me send a tell :)
I haven't lost my Mind, it's backed up on a disk Somewhere.

TealcDragon
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Chrisax wrote:
Elrojo wrote:Jathos and their upgrade drops in the biodomes.
Little wording glitch in a huge amount of information provided by Elrojo :) Upgrades are from Dust Brigade Dungeon (instance) 2 but we usually have them in org bank and they are also quite cheap on market.

For carbonum armor, we have some in org bank for org members. Maybe some QL's you could borrow. (?)
Well ya, but i wrote "their upgraded" just so you wouldn't look up Jathos and see its not overly great, but see the enhanced jathos and see its uber!

Anyway Tealc, since when do you have an MA?!?!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Elrojo wrote:Anyway Tealc, since when do you have an MA?!?!
:rotf2: ](*,)

I guess Tealc's first MA is mentioned there, but the report was already a late one: