Application - Loktight

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Loktight
Baby Leet

Application - Loktight

Post by Loktight »

Hello all!

I'd like to apply to join the org. I played AO approximately 6-7 years ago (I think) and at the time I only played for a few months. I recently re-subbed and since I really have no idea what the heck I am doing, I decided to roll a brand new character and start from scratch again to kind of learn the game from day one.

I'm in the US Central time zone and I usually am on between 9-11 PM during the week and on the weekends I try to play when I can (I have two children so my playtime kind of has to fluctuate based on what's going on at home).

In real life I'm a project manager for a construction company. I live in the Houston area with my wife and two daughters. I'm an avid gamer and linux nerd when I have time :)

So, I'm essentially starting AO from scratch with the exception of having approx. 30M in credits from my original character. I've played almost every MMO in existence since UO at least somewhat. Most of my time has been spent in EQ, WoW and Eve. I've been looking for something a bit different and more challenging and that has led me back to AO. I think it is one of the most unique MMO experiences available today and so far removed from the seemingly endless string of WoW-like themepark type MMO's that seem to be the only thing that ever gets released anymore. I love how the skill system works, the different classes and how different they are is second only to the original Everquest and I enjoy the capability to utilize the implant system to twink yourself into weapons and armor that are 'above' your level.

All that being said, games like this are only really fun and lasting if you can find a great group of friends to play with. As enthusiastic as I am now, I know that if in a month I'm essentially playing a single player game with global chat I probably won't stay. I'm hoping to find an org that has a decent amount of people playing at the same time I am, that are willing to answer my silly noob questions, and that help each other out. I found the Paladins on the official forums through your recruitment post and have seen you mentioned on reddit as one of the better orgs still playing the game.

If I am allowed to join you guys, you'll see that I am a team player who tries his best to learn the ins and outs of his class and tries to never be dead weight if I'm in a group. I'm not looking to be 'power leveled' to max level and be handed a bunch of great gear. Not saying I might not ask for help now and again if needed but I prefer to play the game and actually learn what I'm doing so that I can be an asset to the team once I have gotten to a level to participate in raids and such.

Welp, this turned into a wall of text :)

I'll sign off by saying that I have read the code of conduct as well as the org chat guidelines and am in full agreement with them. I hope to see all of you in game soon!

Thanks,

Lok
Chrisax
President

Re: Application - Loktight

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Locktight and welcome to our forums :)

This is a really nice and complete application and it sounds like you would feel well in our family.

As you came to us through our post on AO official forums, I assume you have already read our Code of Conduct and Org chat recommendations.

So, now, please meet us online sometimes today or tomorrow and we'll have a small interview with you for your application. :)

Ask for invite to our guest channel: you'll find AP's at the Vanguards building ramp in OA near the Grid terminal, like yesterday.

If you can't find an AP for a bot/chat invite, please try to send me (Chrisax) a tell. Or ask some officer (only a few names here)
Toughcrat / Reapermann
Crazi / Stokken / Crazidoctor
Kindcrat/Kindredsolo
Chrisax / Mekanos
Bustercratty
Jetson /politico / Noobastank / front242
Grind42 / Bobdc / Bobdc2
Maycrat / Mayhemdealer / Havendoc

See you soon and welcome back in AO! :)

and have seen you mentioned on reddit as one of the better orgs still playing the game.
I didn't know that and I'm happy to hear this. Thanks a lot for the information. :D If you have a link, we'd be glad to know it.