Application from a real Newbie

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
YouBleed
Baby Leet

Application from a real Newbie

Post by YouBleed »

After spending a few weeks ingame trying to figure out how it works (talk about a steeeeeep learning curve) i have been trying to find the right organization for myself in the last few days.

While i did intend to stay neutral (i have such a hard time deciding!), after some Forum research it was apparent that your org has everything that i am actually looking for.

I admit, being level 70 on my Keeper, i reached a point where i really need input from experienced players, and running TotW and Biomare solo really gets a bit old.

Also it seems i am missing out on a lot of opportunities to get help improving my character (basically i am just guessing how to skill my character cause all the guides are either outdated or nonexistant), so yes, if you accept me in your org, expect me to ask a LOT of questions.

About me: I am 44 years old male, i come from Germany, which means my gaming hours are during central european peak times. I am a subscriber, and if i am not mistaken i own all the expansions. While i am an mmo veteran (starting from ultima online), my experiences with Anarchy online are very limited, a few weeks in 2002, and now about a month since i started this adventure.

I've read and agree with both the code of conduct and Org chat recommendations.

I would be happy to join you guys and girls.
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Re: Application from a real Newbie

Post by Ustarlen »

Hi YouBleed

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP.

Thanks for confirming that you agree our Code of Conduct and org chat guidelines.
Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here for future reference:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=69
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68

The next step would be to join our bot as a guest to meet/team online. Any member can invite you to guest chat. You can usually find AP members hanging out at the Vanguards ramp next to the OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can try Clan OOC to see if any AP members are on.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a few days to contact you.

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Toughcrat / Reapermann / Carequinha / Toughenf (General)
Stormeta/Masirxu/Drthunder/Stormforcer/Cratstorm
Malosar / Malomech / Malofu / Malorawr
Crazi / Crazigank / Galehus / Stokken / Crazidoctor / Forsikring (General)
Ustarlen / Bellorum / Zanda
Wiisper / Wiinurse / Elisiss
Shacode / Codeish / Codemanforce
Shartris / Dedicated / Hammured / lendahand
Ultri/ Redcurry/ Currifix
Carpdiem / Bellatrix / Furymaster
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl
Chrisax (President and org Founder)

We look forward to seeing you online
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Welcome YouBleed :) If you are ready to learn and "work", you could be welcome in our family. We have taught hundreds of members over the years and many became great players.

For us, not being knowledgeable is not an issue; it's not willing to learn and progress that is one :)

See you soon online!
YouBleed
Baby Leet

Post by YouBleed »

Thank you. I already located the meeting place at Vanguards and added a few of you to my friendlist.
I hope it is ok that i will not spend my whole gaming time waiting there and instead having sent a chat message to the Orgmember i found there, to be read when he/she comes out of AFK mode. :)

I actually do my best to learn the ways of this game, but sadly since it is a bit older, the information to be found on the web is outdated. I will not ask to be pulled through the various dungeons for phat loot, but rather would like to learn how to do things myself and be helpful in groups as a player. Also, i am VERY interested in the crafting aspect and am already considering creating an Engineer, but i wouldnt wanna do that without basic understanding of how it works.

Awaiting to get in touch!