Research XP

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Research XP

Post by Sillanto »

(Edited by Chrisax: added a few precisions to Sill's excellent post)

I know Chris was going to do a bit on this but ill post my findings as well :)

Each research line has 10 levels.

The amount of Research points gained per kill is capped at (roughly) 5% of a research level.

So far I've got the following (in XP, 1SK = 1000XP)

Code: Select all

Level     Cap per kill    Total required for a level to be "trained"
Level 1   2,500           50,000
Level 2   22,500          400,000
Level 3   80,000          1,600,000
Level 4   235,000        4,700,000
Level 5   637,500        12,750,000

My estimate (using an excel trend prediction) is that level 10 requires 72mil XP (72k sk) altho i might be way out.
Last edited by Sillanto on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Warning: test made with characters level 220.

Our tests showed that -for two levels 220 working in a team- to get the 2500 cap per kill for a level 1 research in a Line, it is enough to kill a green mob, like an Adonis heckler, and probably even a bit lower, as long as it is green.

This means that all the levels 1 of all Research Lines can be researched in one day without any serious grind. (Once again this is for levels 220, so likely working for levels 200+. Time will tell for lower levels.)

An SL team mission with green mobs (Pen mission for levels 220ish) gives you enough research points for 2 or 3 Levels 1 research. (You need roughly 20 kills for a level 1 if you are 220)

A perfect and cookie-cutter solution is to have a kite team with our NTs and kite green mobs, for example spirits in temples. (Good old method back).

/pet hunt in a dungeon with respawning green mobs can also work if you find a good dungeon (layout)

This means that getting the first two levels of each line (or of some lines) can be considered easy.

The third levels are not hard either.
Chrisax
President

Re: Research XP

Post by Chrisax »

Sillanto wrote:My estimate (using an excel trend prediction) is that level 10 requires 72mil XP (72k sk) altho i might be way out.
Sill, I'm not sure about that... What trend prediction did you use in Excel?
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Using an exponential one. Altho i dont think it will hold its a good guide as 199-200 is 80mil XP and 219-220 is 2bil XP.

After thinking about research a bit more the ideal way to ge3t started as soon as LE lands is to setup kite teams. but get everyone to set their personal research as low as possible but still capping then put the rest into global research.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sillanto wrote:After thinking about research a bit more the ideal way to get started as soon as LE lands is to setup kite teams. but get everyone to set their personal research as low as possible but still capping then put the rest into global research.
Figuring out the optimum settings for global and personal research % is essential. We all need to experiment for the Clans.
Kilajan
Strong Leet

Post by Kilajan »

Let's hope people are not that egoistic to put 100% on personal, and 0% on global.

Even tho (as far as I remember) global was only for pvp?
They who seek, will find an answer.

"If the tank dies it the healers fault, if the healer dies its the tanks fault and if the DPS die it's their own damn fault" - "Anonymous"
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

yeah global is pretty much pvp only.

Hopefully people wont waste research.

for example:

An ado heck gives 600k xp

So untill about level 5 your personal research will be capped, so its better to put the extra into global rather than waste it.

As well as the tower tests tonight we need to find out where is the fastest place to kill sk giving mobs.

My first guess is its going to be ai mishs or kiting in ado/pen/inf but we shall have to see :)
Kilajan
Strong Leet

Post by Kilajan »

The first few lvls you should do 50/50. (at least if your 220).

That should work.. or even 25/75. Depending on if you still cap the 5% (2500 research xp)
They who seek, will find an answer.

"If the tank dies it the healers fault, if the healer dies its the tanks fault and if the DPS die it's their own damn fault" - "Anonymous"
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Well given ado hecks xp you can probalby stay at 15 / 85 till you get to level 4.

And thanks for the edit chris :) Ill try to update it as i get more levels.

And on a side rant: Engi's really got no love in this expansion. Everything for engi's is pointless beyond belief. Did the maths and in that 30s buff period on the ship i have 66s of recharge to ge through lol.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sillanto wrote: My estimate (using an excel trend prediction) is that level 10 requires 72mil XP (72k sk) altho i might be way out.
72K SK... it doesn't sound big to me, roughly 65 Inferno hecklers (with the SK of my old times), and probably one round of kiting in an Inferno spirits room with an NT and a crat with all xp perks.

Am I wrong? (Maybe, coz I'm tired)
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Updated level 4

cap 235k
total 4.7mil
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I tested up to half level 6. A hardcore xp farmer can easily get Level 5 in ALL the Research lines in ONE day.

Let's say 3 days for a dedicated player with a life.

By the way: Inferno spirits room for the win! Solo and /pet hunt is nice; team is great (my figures above are based on team), and I assume a kite team with NT + crat with xp perks + xp gear on you = awesome
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Chrisax wrote:
Sillanto wrote: My estimate (using an excel trend prediction) is that level 10 requires 72mil XP (72k sk) altho i might be way out.
72K SK... it doesn't sound big to me, roughly 65 Inferno hecklers (with the SK of my old times), and probably one round of kiting in an Inferno spirits room with an NT and a crat with all xp perks.

Am I wrong? (Maybe, coz I'm tired)
To put it in perspective, that's LESS than the SK reward from an Inferno 219/220 easy mission.

I have no idea if rewards even apply to Research, but it means 1 219 Hard would provide more than enough SK from mobs alone to do it.

Which makes me thing the curve gets MUCH worse than has been seen so far.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Want my feeling... When AI was released, we could have been level 30 in a few days of intense farming.... Then they changed it.

I have the feeling I'm going to farm Research like crazy THE FIRST WEEK... before it's too late!

(Also have a look at my last post about my recents research test: All lines can be pushed to level 5 in ONE day of hardcore farming.)
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

I agree with chris, this is going to get nerfed very quickly.

Also DrH due to the cap the mish rewards from inf hards/easies will get capped and become less useful.

I did try to do more leveling last night but spend to much time on live and ran out of time. :P (H8 having to go to work early)

Not sure if its worth postin gbut got a pod room in an ai mish.. It seems lead bots have been nerfed from mishs but the axp/xp is huge, there about 60 pods. Just attack them to spawn a mob. Easily doubling our axp for the mish.
/pet hunt FTW!

We need to start organising the org research effort now.

Who can help doing what etc. I can see the most common leveling spots are going to be camped to high heaven so we need to think out of the box.
Ado catas? hecks? ai mishs? inf mishs?