Research XP

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sillanto is right: we need to organize research EXTREMELY fast... last night on Beta, spirits rooms were ALREADY camped! :!:
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Ok keeping the knowledge thing going :

For 220 with 49.6k faction
Ado Heck: 190-200k xp
pen heck: 270-280k xp
ai mish mob: 30-60k (40 is average)

I use to get 600-630sk per ado heck. So maybe a nerf is already in place of 1/3rd. Or maybe its just because im 220.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Sill, I just posted on this thread (will only be visible to people who have registered on that forum site).

My information is quite basic ... if/when you get your data compiled (hopefully before everyone has patched ... but wait until the patch is posted if you're worried about the NDA) please post on that thread. I think it will help if people there have a nice concise idea about how the stuff works, as many of those people are the ones other people will be talking to about Research.

What I posted there:
Personal versus Global research:

You are capped at the amount of Personal Research you can get from a mob.

For instance, I just killed a green Hoathlan in Inferno. I had my sliders set to 50% Personal, 50% Global. It was capped at 2500 Personal. The rest (close to 700,000) went to Global. NOTE: Research seems to work on XP numbers, so you'll see huge numbers compared to SK.

Play with your sliders on Personal as you are killing things. You can get your slider % down to around 20% at first and still get your capped Personal Research.

As you go up in Research "levels" (complete research levels) your Personal cap will go up. That means you'll need to start sliding it closer to 100% the higher your Research level is. It also means that at least for the first few levels of Personal Research, you can just go AoE nuke a ton of green mobs. And for the next few levels you can kill fairly easy mobs. You won't need hard mobs worth lots of SK/XP until you've done a fair amount of Personal Research.

I haven't completed a Personal Research line level yet, so I'm not sure if the cap is based on how many levels in that line you have, or if its based on the -total- number of lines you have in all Personal Research. In other words, if I have Research Line "A" level 1 completed and Research Line "B" level 1 completed ... then start on Research Line "C" level 1, I don't know if I go back to the 2500 cap, or if my cap is based on having 2 previous lines completed. So, you MAY be able to adjust your % slider for Personal Research up and down depending on the line you are researching.

Make sure you pass on the cap information to your friends and guildmates. Losing the Global Research because someone was too lazy to slide their uncapped Research to Global will just be sad. Everyone can contribute to both while still capping their Personal.

I also haven't tested to see if SL Mission rewards obey the cap. If they do, then Easy SL missions are out and Hard SL missions are back in ... since you can get far more research by killing a ton of hard mobs than you can get from a single reward. However, if the Mission rewards do not obey the caps, then Easy missions would still be the way to go.
toewiggler
Strong Leet

Post by toewiggler »

I'm a bit torn on this, should we get our mains research, or try and level alts to 220 first?
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Both at the same time. :)

Basically keep running inf easiest but set the research bar as low as possible for most mobs (5%) untill it stopps capping then raise it a bit.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Level 5:

Cap 637,500
Total 12,750,000

72mil is grossly out :/

As soon as live is up i need someone non-220 to kill an ado heck and post the xp given.

I am now getting more sure that at 220 the xp we get is 1/3rd of normal

Also:

Inf Temple - Very good place to get the first 4 levels maybe 5
I have solo'd most of my research upto 4 or 5 in 3-4hours

Inf Easy Solo - Very Bad for levels 1-5 as half the mobs are gray. however you dont have to killthem to complete the mish and get a 70k sk reward (it capped so im not sure how much its worht)
it took maybe 5mins to do it
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Sillanto wrote: I am now getting more sure that at 220 the xp we get is 1/3rd of normal
Nah.

Dual logged test ... both using the same slider settings (I was playing with the settings, but played with both at the same time):

Goraud (219 shade)

9197 of your SK were allocated to your personal research.
174757 of your SK were allocated to global research.
[Athen Paladins] Angsterella: im lft also
All team members can loot these remains.
19265 of your SK were allocated to your personal research.
255962 of your SK were allocated to global research.
[Athen Paladins] Angsterella: roots are working now :)
22500 of your SK were allocated to your personal research.
307763 of your SK were allocated to global research.

Hyde (220 doc)

10150 of your SK were allocated to your personal research.
192863 of your SK were allocated to global research.
[Athen Paladins] Angsterella: im lft also
21262 of your SK were allocated to your personal research.
282480 of your SK were allocated to global research.
[Athen Paladins] Angsterella: roots are working now :)
22500 of your SK were allocated to your personal research.
339649 of your SK were allocated to global research.

Hyde got noticeably more, probably from a slight difference in +XP symbs versus shade spirits, not less. And his +XP symbs can't account for that much difference.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Thanks for that doc :) it just seemed wierd.

I also checked pen temple and catas - the temple is grey and the catas are too slow and bad xp.

One place that isnt too bad is the spirits just after zoning into inf that give just slightly more xp than the temple spirits.
toewiggler
Strong Leet

Post by toewiggler »

Ado hecks are fast, inf easy are fast with high levels mostly in team, but DONT do missions inside ergo cave guys, those missions take twice as long as the old cave south of ergo

Been leveling since around 4-5 hours, got 6 in one line and 7 in another
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Aww, I hope they either fix it fast or that it isn't a bug with the fast exp. I hate it when unfinished patches gives huge advantages to those fast/smart enough to use weaknesses... feels so pointless later on when you spend 10x the time doing the same thing.
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Mort do not complain just level!!

As chris pointed out to me they did this at the start of the SL then nerfed the xp.

I intend to get the best from what they are giving before they nerf it and double the play time needed.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Sillanto wrote:Thanks for that doc :) it just seemed wierd.

I also checked pen temple and catas - the temple is grey and the catas are too slow and bad xp.

One place that isnt too bad is the spirits just after zoning into inf that give just slightly more xp than the temple spirits.
I was hoping not to give my locations away, but my 219 NT friend is technologically challenged and still downloading (MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD).

So ... don't forget there are 3 good outdoor Inferno locations for spirits that are relatively kiteable:

* Near the Ergo from Penumbra (as Sill mentioned). Probably hard to kite because of the rubble in the way, but should be doable. Big problem here is the Mortiigs just outside the area.

* Near the lava river where the Meditating/Contemplative spirits are. Even the boss here is quite easy, and the adds are mainly very easy Somphos and Malah.

* The spirits and dredges around Pursued Spirit are quite easy. Spirits are easier than dredges here. Only problems are the adds around the edges (but you can stay inside the no-add area pretty well) and the remote possibility of AoE nuking a Bigot. I'm not sure if AoEs down beside their platforms will go up or not. I'm thinking no ... in which case this is the perfect kiting arena.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sillanto wrote: As chris pointed out to me they did this at the start of the SL then nerfed the xp.
At the start of AI, not SL.

At the start of SL, SL xp was too low and the mobs too hard and they boosted the outdoors xp... that started the hecklers-online thing.

Now, could someone post a FAQ/Summary on How to manage and get Research points? You now have all tested more than I ever could.
toewiggler
Strong Leet

Post by toewiggler »

Well research points seems reasonably quick to get up to level 6 or 7 in each "tier" of research, be sure to check what each research does tho before you engage it, some are really crap.

But it seems just normal grinding sk type and even ai missions give decent progress.

Ado hecks is doable, only problem there was we killed them too fast for respawn ;)

Possibly the best way to get research at lower level is to kite, since then you get individual kills instead of a massive blob at once.

Ely kite would be a very fast way to get research at medium level, not sure if inferno spirits would be a good way at highest.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Sillanto wrote:Mort do not complain just level!!

As chris pointed out to me they did this at the start of the SL then nerfed the xp.

I intend to get the best from what they are giving before they nerf it and double the play time needed.
I didn't buy LE and I have exams on monday and thursday so no play for me :) ... which is partly why I am annoyed. But also (and mostly) that they can't finish a product before put on live, which leads to potentially huge imbalances that are later fixed leaving those that used them at a huge advantage and the rest just disgruntled (ingot kiting anyone?). Maybe I'm just in a bad mood...
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.