LE Official FAQ 6 and AP tips - Alien Mothership Missions

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Chrisax
President

LE Official FAQ 6 and AP tips - Alien Mothership Missions

Post by Chrisax »

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=473775

Lost Eden FAQ 6 - Alien Mothership Missions

1. How do we take these alien mothership missions?

You will converse with a Unicorn NPC in the outlands staging area to get a mission to attack the mothership. One of the unicorn shuttles will then transport you and your team to the alien mothership.

2. Are the missions level locked?

No, there are no level locks on the missions

3. Are there single player missions or do you have to be in a team?

The Alien missions will be team missions yes, the alien motherships will not be somewhere to go too alone!

4. Are there any restrictions to when we can do mothership missions (like CRU missions etc

No, there are no restrictions to doing alien mothership missions.

5. will it be possible to loot AI armor bots as we see off of generals and admirals today?

No, the existing loot items from alien invasion will stay as they are so you wont see AI items dropping in the alien mothership missions

6. Are there new aliens in the missions?

Yes there will be new alien types and visual models in the motherships (as well as all your old friends!).

7. Do the alien mothership missions have a boss mob?

Yes, the mothership missions bring you up against a boss room. There are a number of boss encounters in the expansion and each mission will provide you with a randomly chosen alien boss to battle.

What will the rewards be for the alien mothership missions?

Well aside from getting some on demand axp, these missions will also bring the chance to earn some victory points outside of the battlestation. You will also be able to acquire special alien materials that can be used to upgrade the new armor and weapons that are coming with the expansion.
To go to the APFs and get missions:

- Everyone can now enter the APF (Alien PlayFields, also known as Outzones), regardless of your level. So Alien missions at level 10, for example, are possible.

-Go to ICC base (whompah from Tir).

-Exit the base by the tunnel North

- Run to a landpad straight ahead North

- Wait near a beacon looking like a conductor tower for a shuttle to land there (ten minutes timer)

- When the shuttle is there, a blue portal halo sill appear on the ground near the beacon. Walk in.

- You'll be warped to the top of the Unicorn outpost in the APs. Remeber the place: there is a shuttle and a portal on the ground? It's the way out of the APFs (no need to wait for a shuttle here, just step into the portal)

- Follow the ramps and pathways down to the bar, and meet the NPC (see the picture I posted). The entrance to the missions will be the other shuttle near that NPC.
Last edited by Chrisax on Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

The mission NPC in APFs

The entrance to the aliens mothership missions are at the bottom of this new ship in the APFS (like if you entered that shuttle)

Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Post by Rembaldi »

Hmm.. I would actually consider buying LE for just those missions. AXP on demand, that's just so nice :D
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

I'm still unclear where to get the alien missions from...it says "outlands staging area" no idea what/where that is
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

I don't have LE and I can roll and enter those missions.
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Ninjafx wrote:I'm still unclear where to get the alien missions from...it says "outlands staging area" no idea what/where that is
It's in the APF.

-Go to ICC base (whompah from Tir).

-Exit the base by the tunnel North

- Run to a landpad straight ahead North

- Wait near a beacon looking like a conductor tower for a shuttle to land there (ten minutes timer)

- When the shuttle is there, a blue portal halo sill appear on the ground near the beacon. Walk in.

- You'll be warped to the top of the Unicorn outpost in the APs. Remeber the place: there is a shuttle and a portal on the ground? It's the way out of the APFs (no need to wait for a shuttle here, just step into the portal)

- Follow the ramps and pathways down to the bar, and meet the NPC (see the picture I posted). The entrance to the missions will be the other shuttle near that NPC.

:) Edited the posts above with that information.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

You only need AI for these missions :D

You can get Axp. You just can't get VPs :)
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Doom_Eater wrote:You only need AI for these missions :D

It did say I got VPs, just that I can't use the shops to spend them. Maybe it's intentional so that people will want to buy LE.
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Mortus wrote:
Doom_Eater wrote:You only need AI for these missions :D

It did say I got VPs, just that I can't use the shops to spend them. Maybe it's intentional so that people will want to buy LE.
You will get VPs but you cant spend them :/ you got that right ;) btw, QL300 weaps are 18k so faaaarm before they nerf! :P
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier