LE official FAQ 7 - Towers Wars Additions

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Chrisax
President

LE official FAQ 7 - Towers Wars Additions

Post by Chrisax »

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=473814

Lost Eden FAQ 7 - Notum Wars Additions

1. So how do we get bombing raids and orbital strikes?

These are available to organisations and require the purchase of a laser tag and for the org to own a city plot so they have a HQ building.

2. So where do we buy the laser tag?

These are available in the victory point vendors in the Tower Shops

3. So how do we use them?

Someone in the org must place the laser tag in a valid land control area. Then a ranking officer in the guild can use the new terminals in the organisation HQ room to call up the GUI that lists all available tags. They can then choose the tag and fire at that location.

A huge area attack will be launched at that location.

4. Wont the enemy see the laser tag?

No its invisible to others so they wont know where you placed it.

5. What about the SAM batteries?

These are also available in the victory point vendors in the Tower Shops. These can be placed in your land control area and once active give you a 50% to shoot down any enemy bombing craft that might attempt to launch a raid.

6. Are the attacks powerful?

Very! don't expect to live if you get caught in one!

7. Won't these be overpowered?

They require careful co-ordination between two people, and there is a 15 minute lockout timer on the organisation so they cannot be spammed, timing them correctly will be vital.
Chrisax
President

Screenshots and more info

Post by Chrisax »

A test towers site of AP

Here are the new devices.

The laser tagging device is the center point for laser strikes. Laser strikes at level 220ish do something like 5k damage x 3 times in a row (edited thx to Sillanto: I thought it was only x2). Not enough in my opinion if we consider they should be "wipe-out" weapons.

There are several kind of mines, requiring Mech engi and Elec Engi skills to be placed (500ish-600ish at ql 250ish): explosive (damage), root, ssnare... They won't be in the release as a bug was found and should be added in a later patch.

SAM site close-up

SAM sites don't count a for a personal tower but the count as a "turret" tower and must follow the planting rules for turrets.
It is unclear ATM is they count or not in the total number of towers allowed on a site (60).
The number of SAM sites required to offer decent protection versus air strikes is not yet clear.

AP towers in Mort with a SAM site and an Assault mech (I'm the mech!)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

So... Theoretically, can you create a airstrikespam by chaining those things from other orgs?

IE org1 does OMGLAZER
org2 OMGLAZER
org3 OMGLAZER

by then the OMGLAZER of org1 is recharged and the cycle begins again?
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

The picture of a laser strike I posted in another thread was taken near the ICC landpad, where no tower site is.

So I assume any org can hit anywhere...

In this case, yes, you can synchronize and chain-hit. Laser and air-strikes too. Is that useful? How useful? Time will tell... It would be good to test.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

you can only hit the strike markers, whihc can only be dropped in gas... Problem is they take a while to place in which time you can run out of the gas.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC