Global Research: what should you choose?

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Global Research: what should you choose?

Post by Sillanto »

Ok now some people have been asking what to research for Global.

My suggestion is go for:

1) Anti-Personnel Turret
2) Anti Mech Turret
3) Assault Mech
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Although the anti-personnel turret looked a bit weak in beta, I do agree with you.

First, we don't have mines at the moment; they will be added "later" in a patch, so the balance of the forces will be about turrets and mechs.

Opponents will come with foot troopers first, or mstly: the anti-personnel turret is a first must-have.

Then they will start having mechs, and a few anti-mech turrets will secure Clans land.

I tested in beta and the Assault mech can be "kited" by the scout mechs (not the pre-release bonus). Still I think it's a very good mech to have it first, if we can back it by foot troopers (agents, soldiers, mostly).

If course, with offensive strategies on their minds, Clans could think that researching assault mechs first is good. IMHO, if they are like in beta, they can be countered quite easily, due to their low speed, by groups of smaller mechs and anti-mechs turrets. Those behemoths need backup to be dreadful.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Can I debuff/root/stun/perk/snare/mezz/UBT those mechs? :twisted:
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

No
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Discussion on AO-ClanCentral seems to be leaning towards APT and then AVT as well (yes Chris, they have a brain over there ; ).

I heartily agree. The second Personal Mech is done (so people are appeased and can see the mechs), I'm switching to APT. As soon as APT is done, I'm switching to AVT.

I would rather be able to hold our current bases right now ... we can go take more once we have a strong defense.