Lost Eden released?

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Biggz
Growing Leet

Lost Eden released?

Post by Biggz »

So it's out i guess from reading this forum.. Not much fuzz about it in the media so i missed the whole thing..lol. But on to my important question!

Soo..is it any good?

:?: :?: :?:
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

It's released.. New alien missions, new armor that's better than T3 armor, but worse than alien armor, new weapons that are better than alien weapons. New form of credits, Victory Points (VP).

Also, mechs, turrets, SAM turrets, research, and.. BATTLESTATIONS :) (You fight there, selfbuffed, and it's a bit like Double Domination in UT2k4 if you've ever played that game).
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Biggz. :D Good to hear from you.

Yes, it's released. It's not a big expansion and not a revolution either but there are many good points.

A new way to get weapons and armors have been introduced (Victory Points that you can get in both PvP and alien PvM)

Those weapons and armors are very good. There is a misunderstanding of some people who think each new weapon introduced should be better than the existing ones. What has been done in LE is to offer alternatives in the ways you can get very good or excellent armor and weapons. Regarding the armor, some pieces are the best available for some professions (MP pants for example) but full sets are not better than the existing full sets (anyhow full sets are rarely the way to go). Most weapons are better than the existing ones it seems (although not all).

PvPers enjoy battlestations, but BS should get better when more tools have been researched by the factions (anti-personal turret for example).

PvMers can now fight aliens in new missions with new sceneries, and to some degree, it's possible to solo there.

Mechs, orbital lasers, airstrikes, have not reach their full gameplay potential by far. People need to lose some old habits first and get used to new tools. To be honest the wars I've been in and where new tools have been used were clearly better in my opinion than old ones.

Overall, LE is good. Does it fix many old problems of AO, no. Does it bring some fresh air, yes.