checksum error

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

checksum error

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

any one else getting a check sum error when downloading the patch?....I cont get it to work. I cantavcted funcom but this could really bust my playtime....
-There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.-
Chrisax
President

Re: checksum error

Post by Chrisax »

Didn't hear of a checksum error. :( Did you retry?

In the worst case, save your preferences forlders and maps folders, and reinstall :-( Then reinstall you pref and maps.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

don't reinstall. that takes like 6 hours.

Best bet is to triple check the location of your patches and AO directory, then, after it looks like i'ts finished patching, stop the patcher, and restart AO.

It will recognize that the previous patch is done, regardless of whether it was able to continue automatically.

Thats the way it goes for me. Then, just keep doing that until all the patches are updated.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

6 hrs?

I re-installed AO full client from the website and patched and it took like 45 mins. If that.

Anyhow i havent tried this new update.

Anyone know why when i open AO in Vista i get a message before the integrity check that says somethign about cannot delete some file to do with AO, you have to do it manually. When i click ok it just opens normally.

Also whats the deal with the (x86) file group? I have program files then program files(x86) folder