Where are the PERK RESET NPC and the FINAL BOSS?

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Chrisax
President

Where are the PERK RESET NPC and the FINAL BOSS?

Post by Chrisax »

Making something clear:

The FINAL instance will be implemented in next patch, soon. -It was bugged.)

The NPC that instant resets perks will come in the same patch. This NPC will be available to ALL levels. (So in a zone anyone can enter.)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: Where are the PERK RESET NPC and the FINAL BOSS?

Post by Elrojo »

whats the reqs for the insta perk reset? like 100m or VP or what?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Means says he is pondering about making the reset totally free.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Re: Were are the PERK RESET NPC and the FINAL BOSSh?

Post by cutiecub »

cheers for means =D>
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Totally free perk resets?!?!!?

Personally i think thats giving up a perfectly good money sink, and the game needs more of those. The rich players can waste there money perk reseting quickly :P

Yes i know im shooting myself for saying that but sometimes its needed :)
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Sillanto wrote:Totally free perk resets?!?!!?

Personally i think thats giving up a perfectly good money sink, and the game needs more of those. The rich players can waste there money perk reseting quickly :P

Yes i know im shooting myself for saying that but sometimes its needed :)
Problem is this is something everyone will want, not just the rich toons, and it is to compensate for a mechanic that is pretty messy. There are a LOT of poor TL7 toons that just play to have fun and literally feel lucky to get the 4M from a APF bounty. How do you make the reset cost enough to matter to the economy while keeping it affordable for the casual folks?

Besides, the economy will go through an intense shakedown once everyone and their dog can farm their own bots for free. The richest toons will lose multiple billions in invested capital (4-6B for a city that is now worth 1B tops) -and- will no longer have either the lion's share of the supply nor get residuals (rent) from other farmers. S10 may not be solo farmable anymore ... but top quality bots will be. ALL AI armor will decrease in value.

I don't think we need any new credit sinks until that mess (welcome as it is it will be a mess) has passed and we see how things fall out afterwards.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hyde, something that a lot of people forget, and I still was reminding people of this recently, is that for every new alien playfield there is, less people raid, and more people do the new PF's

I used to think about it like this, everything is broken down into AXP, since AXP can be correlated to bot production in city raids, but does not translate into bot production in other PF's

Prior to Sector instance: After instance: After most recent patch:

80% AXP from city raids 15% from city raids *many bots) 15% from city raids (many bots)
20% axp from sectors 80% from APFs 20% from APF's
5% from S42 (some bots) 5% from S42 (some bots)
60% from new PF's (dunno if bots will be produced)

Later on, obviously the percentages will even out or change a bit as the most hard core finish the new PF's, but, the thing to remember is that a LOT of people grind AXP, they don't grind bots.

Prior to sector 13,28,35 instancing, there was a fair bit of bot production INADVERTANTLY, because people were grinding AXP by doing raids. Then, after the instancing, and the AXP change, because of the ease of teaming at APF and the abundance of mobs that were easy kills, AXP FARMS started going.

Vasc is a great example of this, I think he was AI 25ish when the AXP change occured, and he farmed AXP for AI 30. he dinged the last 5 AI levels in about 3-4 weeks. think about the number of lead VB's soemone grinding the last 5 AI dings would have got just by doing 50% raids, or even doing 25% raids, or better yet: hosting AI raids which would contribute 10% of the AXP. Granted bot drops are irregular and random, but it is still production.

Finally, the most point with the most weight, is that demand for bots is the same as what it was prior to release. People still want AI armour. It's STILL the luxury. Hence, with demand staying the same but supply decreasing, the prices on bots went up.

Prior to AXP change and instance: strong bots 80-120m after: 135-150m
Supple bots lower QL : 80-110m after 120-140m
supple high QL: before: 280-350m after 350-500m

I can't make any guarantees, but I'm putting my money on prices going UP not down in the near future, as people (who would ostensibly be the biggest farmers) are occupied with the new PF's, and not farming or raiding.

Of course, this is certainly up for debate. Please feel free to argue against these points.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

all I can say is I won't be buying any bots when I can get off my butt and farm them myself w/o any excuse now
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
vasc
Leet

Post by vasc »

"Vasc is a great example of this, I think he was AI 25ish when the AXP change occured, and he farmed AXP for AI 30. he dinged the last 5 AI levels in about 3-4 weeks. think about the number of lead VB's soemone grinding the last 5 AI dings would have got just by doing 50% raids, or even doing 25% raids, or better yet: hosting AI raids which would contribute 10% of the AXP. Granted bot drops are irregular and random, but it is still production."

LOL I NEVER did my own city raid... maybe I ll start one day ... till then new APF ...
Vasc 220-20-69 Atrox Enforcer
Vasc1 60-00-00 Atrox Enforcer
AFK atm
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Mud: are you trying to tell me that you didn't farm bots because it was hard to? :O

Old habits die hard!

Just because more than one person can raid now (time and cru were the major costs) doesn't mean that more people will do it .... :/

Thats why this whole thing has been such a hilarious bullshit fest, because I've read about a LOT of people talking (AO forums, and in game) about how they are going to START raiding, "now" that raids will be instanced...

but, I bet you, that the 90% of the raids in GoA/AP will be hosted by me, kana, shartris and enye- the same people that were occupying the city 90% of the time prior to the instancing change.

And grind will host an occasional megaraid.

Thats my prediction! Feel free to bash me and better yet: prove me wrong :)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

To be honest I hate the randomness in getting good loot to drop, and that is a big part of the reason I don't farm much at all.

I can raid alot of times ... and never get what I want to drop. I can raid once, and get super good loot. You never know what you're going to get, either you're going to waste HOURS and HOURS farming, well, nothing, or you're going to win the jackpot.

That randomness disencourages me. I'd rather do 20 raids and have a guaranteed supple bot (but the earlier 20 would be 100% useless with no chance of supple at all), than farm 20 random raids and MAYBE get three supple bots.. or two.. or one.. or none!
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

I actually raided ALOT, so much that I got my own city and farmed it ever day. Here's what I found, the time I spent farming alien bots I could have spent doing something else and made way more money and then just buy the armor/bots I needed. I made more money farming token guns in the same amount time I would have spent doing the raids.

The real reason I don't do raids now in AP/GoA is because I don't 1) want to tie up the city for one person, as is not the purpose and way of AP, 2) AP city when in use messes up alot of peeps stats!

So that being said, I will farm more when instanced cities start back, as will many because it will be much simplier.
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

all good points
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

ummm sorry but could some one explain what "Instanced cities" are? Am I right in guessing that this was a feature that was once available and now will be available again?
-There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.-
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

no fisty. totally new.

When you do a city raid, you go to the city, without a zone change, like you can walk right up to the control tower witout zoning. Thats non-instanced.

Instanced means that when you go to the city, you will zone in (somehow), then if youre in a team with someone who is in the city (but not of the same organization) you can be invited into the city as well.