Latest patch killed my game

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Grehndel
Leet

Latest patch killed my game

Post by Grehndel »

Can't seem to stay logged in for more than a few minutes since the patch on tuesday.
This gives me a brief opportunity to send this machine out for service and clean up my desk(for school, we hope!).
I'll be back once I get my backup unit running with upgrades or my current machine comes back from service.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Re: Latest patch killed my game

Post by Mud »

ouch, sorry to hear that grehn, i've heard some others with the same issues
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I didn't hear of this issue but that sounds bad. :( Sorry Grehn, hope you''ll be able to play again soon.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

i think smeez has this same problem
General, Athen Paladins
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

dunno what happened but it's been real bad for me as well.

I wen tto WZ this morning, and it seems like any movement by other people causes enormous latency issues, like, seems like the game since last patch wants to to tell me not just:

1. where that guy is
2. what he's casting

Now it's like it wants to tell me:

1. where he is, what he's casting, what he ate last night, how his mom's feeling, what he's wearing, how much he weighs, etc. etc. etc. and, you get 2-4 guys on the screen at once and it's full scale slowdown.

I was wandering around in WZ this morning with 25 second latency.

not enjoying that, let me tell you.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

A few nights ago I had the same thing. Pvp was horrifically laggy. I was up around 5k latency the whole time and then in Decon I was like 500. Later it got a little better, but PVP stuff always seems to lag for me more than PvE
Grehndel
Leet

Post by Grehndel »

Mine appears to be GPU/CPU related.
I fear one might have overheated due to awfully inefficient requesting from a certain game.
I'll try to get the backup up and running sometime this week
Grehndel
Leet

Post by Grehndel »

Some of you may have noticed my absence from the game. My sub ended the 21st last month. I've been busy (2 jobs, blargh) trying to get school for the fall nailed down and getting back in shape (a less round one). I might be back, but probably not.
I did really enjoy hanging out with AP again though, and I would like that to continue. I'm not sure where, so I guess I'll lurk on the forums for the time being.
A new job is on the horizon that will give me nights and weekends back.
I'm looking to host a minecraft server, possibly. Some of my more immediately-tangible fellows are also looking at TERA for their next MMO venture.

Anywho, may the force be with you all.

[edit: Add me on steam: grehndel]
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

It's certainly hard to play if you don't have nights and weekends. :( It was really nice to have you with us again though and I hope -we all hope- that your new job, giving back your nights and weekends, will make your return possible to any of the universes AP is in or will be in, AO, SWTOR, TSW...

Be back soon! :)

P.S.: I have serious doubts about Tera. I have the feeling I already heard their arguments in a lot of games, most of them dead (yes including things like "aiming, dodging, etc") and saw their universe at least ten times. And, OMG... fantasy again. But time will tell.
Grehndel
Leet

Post by Grehndel »

I'm not a really big fantasy fan. 40k, homeworld(omgawd) and space-based science fiction are my usual go-to stories. Warcraft and WoW were really the only exception.
I havent tried tera yet, it looks interesting. I also really enjoy playing with the group of people i will be trying it with. At worst, I'll have spent less money on it that SWTOR.

I really just want a space to hang out and interact/solve puzzles/dungeons/etc with everyone I know online. Minecraft sort-of can do this.