Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol aka PDKP

Hyde
Hyde!

Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol aka PDKP

Post by Hyde »

Posting for folks who don't know where to grab this.

Why do you want one? Because with +crit gear the weapon does VERY good damage. And if you're leveling the regular (if you're Atrox, but upgrades remove the Atrox lock) and Low Recoil both have VERY GOOD damage, though the normal and Low-Recoil versions have a Pistol requirement that lowers pure Shotgun attack rating.

Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol:

Code: Select all

Damage: 280-425(500)
Dps: 56.5-85.8(100.9)
Speed:
Attack 1.20s
Recharge 1.20s

Level from 210 and 
Fling Shot from 750 and 
Burst from 1000 and 
Shotgun from 2250

Who wants it? You may not. Who does?
  • DD PvM Soldiers (want 1 + Envy for FA) ... PvP will hate it and may not have enough IP to do it + AR well.
  • DD PvM Traders (want 2 if they're going this route) ... PvP might just want 1 or none, depending on PvP style
  • DD Agents ... can completely smash DD records with it and Agent crit buffs
  • DD Fixers ... if you just hate your middle-DD profession and have IP to spare for Shotgun
  • WEIRD DD Docs (and most other professions) ... if you wanted to stack a TON of +crit you could get OK results ... which for a Doc is GOOD.

Step 0) ... do Collector ... and pray you get a LUCKY box from Collector ... and you can get a pre-built PDKP with no Tradeskills or APF belt needed.

Step 1) Go to EFP 1882 1420

Step 2) Kill Diamondine Trainee repeatedly until Diamondine Soldier spawns (15-20min time between Trainee spawning)

Step 3) Loot the Diamondine Kick Pistol

Step 4) Do APF Sector 28 until you win an Inertial Adjustment Processing Unit (yep, that's the same thing everyone else wants for Hadrulf's Belt)

Step 5) Get a Screwdriver

Step 6) Twink yourself until you get 2100 Electrical Engineering, 2175 Mechanical Engineering, 2250 Weaponsmithing (don't forget the city HQ building can buff 160 in the basement)

Step 7) Unless you're a Tradeskiller, do an IPR to ditch the tradeskills you just twinked

Step 8) Equip as much +crit gear as you can find.
Chrisax
President

Re: Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol aka PDKP

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks Hyde :) You were fast; I asked you to post last night about it. :)

Just to be sure: the fact it is a shotgun requirement... does this mean the counter-hit skill is Duck Explosive like for regular shotguns? In this case it might be quite efficient in PvP because most people don't raise Duck Explosive due to IP expense (useful in PvE only against turrets, a few trader mobs, and rare mines). :?:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Yep, it uses D
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

yea it's also got a boosted AR because it uses 97% duck EXP as the check, which mean you get a boost to your natural attack rating ratio, which boosts crit and hit rate.

It's not the same as getting a 3% AR boost, but it's kinda close.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Added a Step 0):

Step 0) ... do Collector ... and pray you get a LUCKY box from Collector ... and you can get a pre-built PDKP with no Tradeskills or APF belt needed.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Mini-guide ... getting the tradeskills to build the PDKP on a Soldier (credit to telling me the skill lock trick goes to Edzbullets) and probably any other prof/breed (trader/eng have this easier).

Reminder ... these are the tradeskill levels you need: 2100 Electrical Engineering, 2175 Mechanical Engineering, 2250 Weaponsmithing

0a) Get a bit lucky and loot a Low-Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol from a Silver Box from the Collector (not REALLY lucky since REAL luck would be getting a built PDKP from a gold Collector box and skipping the rest of this guide) ... in which case skip 0b) and 0c) and start at 1)

0b) Loot a Diamondine Kick Pistol from the Diamondine Soldier

0c) Loot an Inertial Adjustment Processing Unit from APF Sector 28 and combine it with your DKP to get a Low-Recoild Diamondine Kick Pistol.

1) Build a set of QL200 Tradeskill and -Skill Lock implants and equip them (ICC has QL200 imps/clusters ... you COULD build QL300 and make the next steps even easier but it is MUCH more expensive)

2) Train perk line Combat Knowledge max to 7 for Redeem Last Wish

3) Get all the ability buffs you can and train Enhance DNA, Primary/Secondary Genome, Genius perk lines (like full symbiant twink perk training) for trickle down along with AI expertise 3 (unless you are AI30 with Apotheosis 10) ... also get an Improved Cut Red Tape from a Bureaucrat ... you should have at least -25% Skill Lock now (you can check with !stats in a bot)

4) Get ME/EE/WS +125 buffs from Trader/Eng

5) Max your EE/ME/WS tradeskills (max, lots of IP, you'll reset later)

6) Equip Research Attunement Device - Tradeskill Level Three

7) Calc to see how much skill you need after all of the above because you WILL need more BUT add 320 to the numbers you have right now.

ie, if you after step 5 have 1700 WS ... calculate how much more you need based on having 1700+320 (trick how below)

8) Get enough Arithmetic/Combined Officer/Combined Scout armor, Hacked Technical Library (from newb island), Ancient Skills Library (Albtraum) so that you are less than 320 below the ME/EE/WS skills you need to build the gun.

note: On my solitus I had the Albtraum hud and newb island HUD ... I only needed 5 pieces of QL225 Arith/Scout/Officer. Getting 7 pieces of QL300 armor lets you skip the Albtraum HUD easily. Atrox will need a bit more ... Nanomage (soldier?) a bit less.

9) put your Low-Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol in your inventory along with a Screwdriver

10) Go to your org's AI city HQ (or join an org with one for 10 minutes)

... Go to the Laboratory (the left lift when you face the main lobby)
... DON'T click the Quantum machine yet
... Just before clicking the machine, activate Redeem Last Wish perk action from step 2
... Click the city Tradeskill buff machine, +160 to all tradeskills
... click it again to see how long you have on your skill lock

note: it MUST be enough under 10 minutes to do the rest

... set a !timer to remind you when the skill lock is going to be worn off
... when it wears off, click the city machine AGAIN for another +160
... COMBINE the Screwdriver with the Low-Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol quickly, you get around 45 seconds to do it to have the double city buff active

11) Built? Done. Reset your tradeskill IP and use your ability perks to re-equip your symbs :)