Question and discussion: How to make Alpha Symbiants ?

wap
Strong Leet

Question and discussion: How to make Alpha Symbiants ?

Post by wap »

Edit by Chrisax:
Guide done for AP forums: http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 67&p=87343

OK can't find a guide on how to get/make Alpha Symbs...

Anyone have a link?
falconwar
Maxi Leet

Re: Alpha Symbiants

Post by falconwar »

I dont have any link but a xan beta symbiant combined (tradeskill) with an intelligent symbiant will make an alpha symbiant.
Chrisax
President

Re: How to make Alpha Symbiants ?

Post by Chrisax »

(Typed before Falcon's reply)

I don't think there is any link... :?

So let's make that link exist!

To make a Xan Alpha symbiant, you need to combine a Xan Beta symbiant (dropping from the Legacy of the Xan -LoX- areas and instances) with an Intelligent (ie QL300) symbiant (dropping form The Night Heart in Pandemonium).

Just combine as you would combine any items in Anarchy Online. No skill is required. So you "tradeskill" but without needing any skill. You can use the tradeskilling window too. (shift t)

At the beginning, you had to combine a Beta symbiant with a QL300 Intelligent symbiant of the same unit type (Control, Extermination, Infantry, Support, Artillery) and same slot (ear, eye, chest,...) to get a Xan Alpha symbiant.

If I recall correctly, to make things easier, due to the rarity of all those symbiants, you just now need an intelligent symbiant, no need it to be for the same unit type. But that's a while since I made alphas and I'd like someone to confirm what combinations Beta+Intelligent are actually possible.

Edit: so it appears this is only possible with the Xan Beta ear and Thigh that will swap unit types when r-clicked; you can get the less expensive unit type Intelligent symbiant to combine)
falconwar
Maxi Leet

Post by falconwar »

Chris, your post is a lot more clear then mine :)

And ho!!! I did not know about: " you just now need an intelligent symbiant, no need it to be for the same unit type"

Also waiting to see someone confirm it :)
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

It's quickly explained in bottom notes of this guide https://www.ao-universe.com/guides/lega ... -2/the-xan

PS : also added links in https://www.ao-universe.com/guides/shad ... demonium-2
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I saw those links BTW. But that doesn't confirm nor refute the main question: what Intelligent symbiant can you NOW combine with a given Xan symbiant to make an alpha? I'm almost sure it changed at some point.

For example, you get a Feet Xan Artillery unit beta... what are NOW the possible Intelligent symbiants to combine with it to make an alpha feet symbiant?
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Still control to control etc
The only one thats clickable is ear and thigh , just find the cheapest int thigh/ear combine and click to type you need
:apc:
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

Correct, this subtelty only affects feet & tigh, all others must be same unit.

Eg : beta control rh needs intel control rh, beta arti brain needs intel arti brain, etc ...

But for feet & tigh, you can eg get cheapest symbs (exter, in general)
rclic to make beta same unit (eg exter) assemble then rclic the alpha to be back into wanted unit
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Looks like we have everything to make a clean and up-to-date mini-guide for Alpha symbiants now. :)
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

True, it could land into the AOU > LOX > General Crafting section.
Will do it asap.
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Guide done for AP forums: http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 343#p87343

Thanks all for contributions. :happytrooper: :apftw:

GJ on AOU too, Bit!
Chrisax
President

Re: Question and discussion: How to make Alpha Symbiants ?

Post by Chrisax »

For Shade Alpha Spirits, there is a nice AOU guide here:
https://www.ao-universe.com/guides/lega ... /spirits#1

Spirits have an additional step in the domain of Alphas, where you can combined 2 Alphas to obtain a different Alpha.

Actually making Alpha spirits is more complicated than making Alpha symbiants, so the guide is great information, and very clearly presented.

And, again gj on the AOU Alpha symbiants post, Bit.