New weapons and armors

This forum welcomes information specific to booster packs
Chrisax
President

New weapons and armors

Post by Chrisax »

Are there new weapons in the expansion?

Yes, there are many new weapons in the expansion.

How do we get the new weapons?

The basic versions are sold at a special vendor and are bought with victory points earned in the battlestations and in alien missions. The weapons can also be upgraded into better versions with more special attacks by acquiring upgrade items from the alien motherships

Are there new armor sets in the expansion?

Yes! Each profession gets a unique new armor set that can be bought with victory points. Just like the weapons the armor can also be upgraded into better versions by acquiring upgrade items from the alien motherships.

Will these armor make all the previous armors meaningless?

No, the new armor in the expansion though is not intended to be better or replace the alien combined armor sets. They are designed to be very good armor sets that are easier to attain then the combined sets and have stats set appropriately.

So with the armor sets in Lost Eden the intention was not to add beyond the stats of the combined sets, those will still remain the best armors in the game. What the new sets are designed to do is to give people something they can work towards much more easily then the combined sets that are worthwhile having.

We do realise that for the fully kitted out combined veteran the new armor sets won't be as appealing but we felt that it was more important to add a good and useful set of armors to the game that were more easily attainable for the average player.

We also didn't want to invalidate all the effort that those who do have combined sets have put in. We wanted to maintain the fact that those are the most powerful sets of armor.

Are there new nanos in the expansion?

Yes, each profession gets a new nano that targets another particular profession, designed specifically to be used in PvP (although some may have uses in PVE as well). These nanos mean that every profession will have a form of “nemesis” in PVP capable of really causing their opponent some problems.

What about NTs? We don’t use weapons usually you know!

NTs will get a full new line of damage nanos in the expansion.

IPR

Sounds like a lot of changes! Will we get any IP resets?

Yes! We know this is something a lot of players have been concerned about so we would like to put your minds at rest a little! We will be giving all players a window to do a complete IP reset around the time of the expansions launch. We will be making a few changes in the expansion and introducing new items so we felt that this was the right time to allow players to change their characters if they desire.

We might also consider an additional reset window a couple of months after the expansion once we see how people react and adapt to the new items, tactics and character development options.

Just one question, when you say you are giving a "window" for people to do Full IPR´s, you are giving us Full IPR or just giving us time to use our current IPR? Because I have 0! =P

What it means is that you will get one full reset of all your skills, and will have a certain time period to choose to use it or not. If you choose to use it you will strip down of all your equipment as usual and rather then resetting just one skill, you will have an option to reset all of them.

Will this IP reset mentioned involve a perk reset as well?

There aren’t any plans to include any kind of perk resets no, perks are something that you already train and un-train as you see fit so there aren’t currently any plans to also give a full perk reset.

Artist's views:

Last edited by Chrisax on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

*starts levelling his NT*
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

hmm, I might lvl my nt as well now!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Mud wrote:hmm, I might lvl my nt as well now!
...or maybe I should just level my main (yes, it happens to be an adv, so what? :P)
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Nemesis profesions hmmm.... What says the engi nano will be aimed at sols? (The one prof we can already beat hands down)

Or will all the nanos be aimed at advs? :P

The new armor sets and weapons sound nice. hopefully a few more as weapons will appear.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Added weapons pictures to the first post.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Sillanto wrote:Nemesis profesions hmmm.... What says the engi nano will be aimed at sols? (The one prof we can already beat hands down)
Mwahahaha! agents nerf the engis now! :P
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Yeah agents can set my bots OE, thats as long as im using the 220 bots and not the low ones im using currently lol.

Also its a 90% AR check which is still going to need you to drop alot of ip into nano skills to land :)
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC