ENGINEER Research lines (beta)

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Chrisax
President

ENGINEER Research lines (beta)

Post by Chrisax »

(Comments and list are by RUSTYBOLTS, 220 engineer, Rimor)

Practical Application:

1 - 5 to all tradeskills
2 - Pharma 15
3 - QFT 15
4 - Chem 15
5 - WS 25
6 - Special; Drone Missles (sounds cool, but what does it do? :P)
7 - ME 30
8 - Special; Destructive Signal (does that mean we get to blow stuff up with microwave beams?)
9 - EE 50
10 - Int 25

Overall, an interesting line. I like it for the most part, but I think you should swap the ME and EE. ME is more useful with a larger bonus because it's the attack skill of our deconstruction perk.

Serendipity:

1 - Stam 5
2 - Max Health 50
3 - Evade 15
4 - Dodge 15
5 - Stam 10
6 - AAO 10
7 - Special; Recurring Repairs (some kind of pet HoT?)
8 - Max health 100
9 - Stam 20
10 - Special; Destructive Theorem (Death by mathematics?)

Good overall line. I like that it's very focused and gives a nice stat boost.

Mechanical Assistance (AKA - Anything you can do my battery powered tool can do better?)

1 - Drone Explosives (A toned down Kamakazee bot?) Note by Chrisax: the Kamikazee bot was a pet never introduced on live, a suicide/bomb pet)
2 - Restraining Device (OMG, did you really give engi's a root?)
3 - MC 15
4 - TS 15
5 - MC 25
6 - TS 25
7 - MC 30
8 - TS 50
9 - MM 50
10- Agil 25

An excellent line! I particularly like the fact that TS is boosted a bit more than MC. At high levels TS is often a bit lower than MC and this will help balance that out nicely. I can envision lower level engi's throwing their entire XP into this line to get the boosts as soon as possible from this research line because it's so hugely helpful.

Process Refinement:

1 - Psy 5
2 - Int 5
3 - Special; Energy Transfer (does this leech health? that'd be cool)
4 - MM 15
5 - MA 25
6 - Str 15
7 - MC 30
8 - Str 20
9 - Sense 20
10 - Str 25

An interesting line. Honestly, can we throw out the MC in this line in favor of MM again? That'd be HUGE! Otherwise, another very good line that I am excited to see.

Ergonomics

1 - NCU 4
2 - Int 5
3 - Special; Automatic Repairs (a Pet HoT that activates on it's own, or a boost to Pet Heal Delta?)
4 - Special; Drone rockets (How about Lasers instead? And make them go PEW PEW!!!111!!!)
5 - RE 15
6 - NR 25
7 - TS 30
8 - Agil 20
9 - Int 20
10 - Special; Repair Programming (I'm all out of clever remarks after that last gem)

Can we ditch the TS on this line for more RE? I think quite a few engi's would love that kind of boost. Overall pretty good though. If you keep the MC on the previous line that I made a suggestion about changing, keep this TS though. Either change both or neither.

Military Hardware:

1 - Special; Destructive Wave (AoE nuke? OMG, please!)
2 - Pistol 10
3 - fling 15
4 - Pistol 15
5 - flng 25
6 - MR 25
7 - Sense 20
8 - MR 50
9 - Fling 50
10 - Pistol 60

Good thought pattern here, but I would like to make one request. There's a bunch of fling on the next research line. Could we maybe replace the fling on this line with Burst? I think that would be much appreciated by the pistoleros of the engi community. Overall great line in the amount of the bonus', let's just go to burst instead, please?

Combat Applications:

1 - Grenade 10
2 - Fling 15
3 - grenade 15
4 - Fling 25
5 - Special; Binding Device (OMG, did you really give us a second root! I <3 j00 FC!)
6 - Ranged Init 25
7 - Agil 15
8 - Sense 20
9 - Fling 50
10 - Grenade 60

Another well laid out line. I'm very happy with the amounts and the focus of this line.

I don't get it, when did you all start thinking so much like me? I'm way too damned happy with these bonus' for these to be the real lines that you gave engineers although some of my colleagues may disagree.

(Comments and list are by RUSTYBOLTS, 220 engineer, Rimor)
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Mechanical Assistance

1 - Drone Explosives
2 - Restraining Device

Military Hardware:

1 - Special; Destructive Wave

I have trained these specials and the news is bad.
Drone Explosives and Destructive Wave are both for use with melee weapons!?!?!?!?

Restraining Device is a snare proc for ranged, i had this runing but couldnt see any effects (It may well have been overriden by the pet snares :/)
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Ok they jsut replaced the placeholder procs

Mech 3
Congenial Encasement is a 13% refelct on proc for aobut 60s with a +7 to max reflected.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Ergo 3
Destructive signal is a +80 range init