Comments of Means (FC designer) on Albtraum and feedback

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Comments of Means (FC designer) on Albtraum and feedback

Post by Chrisax »

Means
AO Lead Designer - Monsters wrote:

Based on your feedback the following changes are in production to appear in the next patch:

1. Summoned bosses, like Sister Merciless, will never despawn as long as one member remains in the playfield.

2. The majority of "grunt" type monsters in this playfield will only have to be cleared out once. Requesting the spawn of either the mini-bosses or the final boss will cause most of the grunt type to "vanish" over the next minute. Some sneaky Eremites, Soul Stealers and Horrors will still block your path...but not near as many.

3. It will no longer be necessary to leave the instance between spawns of the mini-bosses. The quest Yutto should no longer despawn.

These adjustments and some other small tweaks should be available for 17.3.1 that will follow shortly.

=============================================================================================================

Having a calming prof present will still make this playfield much easier. Not ALL the grunts are being removed the second time through, just "most" of them. Having a good calmer present will still make this playfield much faster and easier.

No charmable mobs inside was unintended and will be adjusted. Initially the monsters inside were supposed to be lower in level. Based on feedback we increased the level to make them more difficult. With the rise in level the grunts inside increased their psychic beyond the cap. This was not intended and will be tweaked in the next update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

As to the bosses:

Not all bosses are suited to all professions. The three "Mini-Bosses" as I like to call them are just that..."mini-bosses". An MA that can not survive the AOE might want to pitch in with some healing...a small change of pace in this one encounter.

The bosses associated with completing the quests are bosses that I imagined could be completed (after a few tries) by everyone.

For those upset about components required to make the bombs for the final encounter:

It is possible to kill the final boss without using a single bomb. Using bombs at all is doing it "the easy way". The easy way should take longer.

Variety in Boss encounters:

The Bosses associated with the quests are the "easy" ones. There are five unique encounters in the playfield that can be started on demand at the Altar of Summoning. I'm looking forward to some feedback on those encounters.

=============================================================================================================
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

"An MA that can not survive the AOE might want to pitch in with some healing...a small change of pace in this one encounter. "

with what soul of rubi?
Modifier:
Healing 1302-2135(1341-2199)
every 15 seconds o0

right.....like we will be a BIG help there
Once upon a wave of summer,
I saw a bright, blue, cloudless sky
Before I felt blessed with thunder,
Then I was nuked- the end is nigh
- Solidstriker (AO Forums)