FC's new game? The World Online renamed? (edit yes it is)

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

The "Secret World" is "The World Online" or "Next Big Thing" or "Cabal"... all working titles for the same project since 2002.

What you are witnessing is the first teaser for the game currently being developed by 30 people (increasing) in a little white building between the railway and the highway in a suburb of Oslo. :wink:

If you go past the cafeteria on the ground floor, and through the 140 people working on Conan and the 20 working on AO (not counting Chinese developers who are not there of course but in Beijing), you might find the designers of a new game that has been kept (almost) secret until now because there is not similar game world on the market.

This game is a MMO designed for the PC and also for the Xbox (relations between FC and MS are good at the time being, as Conan will be among the first DirectX 10 games available).

The game takes place in our contemporary world.... except this world is twisted, populated with gods and demons, creatures from forgotten mythologies, conspiracy theories and enigmas. To a certain degree you might think of it as a darker and more complex "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" universe but this would be misleading.

The game started to be actively designed one year ago but it has been for ten years in the making, in the mind of Ragnar Tørnquist (the author of "Prophet without Honor" the book on which AO is based... so you won't be surprised if the secret world features some mysterious powers affecting the destiny of humanity). It is currently in a kind of late alpha condition, although some parts are fully playable and on a server in the demo room of FC in Oslo.

No release date can be announced though, and anyhow, it won't happen before the release of AoC.

The graphic quality should be comparable to AoC. Two old pictures that were released long ago were made with an engine that was something like an early one of Dreamfall.

Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Much more will be released till Monday now and next week. ;)

Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

The timer stands on 3 hours now, this the release date of more goodies or info or the beta or what?
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

Chrisax wrote:... all working titles for the same project since 2002.
This game is a MMO designed for the PC and also for the Xbox
The game started to be actively designed one year ago but it has been for ten years in the making, in the mind of Ragnar Tørnquist (the author of "Prophet without Honor" the book on which AO is based
It is currently in a kind of late alpha condition, although some parts are fully playable and on a server in the demo room of FC in Oslo.
So ... how do you know all this? Are you the major shareholder in FC by any chance? Or one of the Devs? :twisted:
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Kyttn wrote:
Chrisax wrote:... all working titles for the same project since 2002.
This game is a MMO designed for the PC and also for the Xbox
The game started to be actively designed one year ago but it has been for ten years in the making, in the mind of Ragnar Tørnquist (the author of "Prophet without Honor" the book on which AO is based
It is currently in a kind of late alpha condition, although some parts are fully playable and on a server in the demo room of FC in Oslo.
So ... how do you know all this? Are you the major shareholder in FC by any chance? Or one of the Devs? :twisted:
I wondered this for a long time :P The answer is chris has just been around long enough on both the test sever and CoT on RK2 to make friends in high places that ocasionally slip up and tell him something nice :)
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

looks very intriguing and certainly beats the hack'n'slash mmos that are around atm.

waiting to see more.
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

Maybe thats my call.

Looks intressting.

Fyi im not gonna play a game called CONAN its just not me ;)
Lostyouth
Strong Leet

Post by Lostyouth »

thats not just u, its me also :P

maybe FC wants a reason to explain borked gameplay/server performance and all what we know from AO with the explanation

"Many better times have passed since the Age of Conan. It's the same with our games."
<b>Lostyouth</b> Level 220 AI 27 Enforcer
<b>Contor</b> Level 220 AI 21 Shade
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I remember hearing about this game some time ago, at least a year ago but I figured it was scrapped in favor of AoC. I think the concept sounds really really cool. I hope it works out.
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

Ultra wrote:Maybe thats my call.

Looks intressting.

Fyi im not gonna play a game called CONAN its just not me ;)
Ehm just fyi, you are a butcher irl, you are Conan!