for lupusceleri

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Nozan
Growing Leet

for lupusceleri

Post by Nozan »

ok lup
my guess
would be :

CH3-O-CH2CH2-O-CH2CH2-O-CO-CH(CH3)OH + H2O
then the OH with another milk sour molecule
so the oligomere would be A-MS-MS-MS-A...

the ending of the reaction would occure on the two alcohol parts (one on the oligomere the other on the A molecule), dropping one H2O in the process...

please tell me if i'm right eheh, it pissed me off not to be able to answer at first sight.
the A-MS-A-MS structure could occure maybe in some particular situation, but if u compare a COOH reactivity to an OH reactivity, COOH > OH (the C=O drawing all electrons from carbon atom).
Have fun (and crossing fingers i'm right)
vickos
Strong Leet

Post by vickos »

:IWS:

o.O
Vickos / Nascense / Enye
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Re: for lupusceleri

Post by Alphacenta »

Nozan wrote:ok lup
my guess
would be :

CH3-O-CH2CH2-O-CH2CH2-O-CO-CH(CH3)OH + H2O
then the OH with another milk sour molecule
so the oligomere would be A-MS-MS-MS-A...

the ending of the reaction would occure on the two alcohol parts (one on the oligomere the other on the A molecule), dropping one H2O in the process...

please tell me if i'm right eheh, it pissed me off not to be able to answer at first sight.
the A-MS-A-MS structure could occure maybe in some particular situation, but if u compare a COOH reactivity to an OH reactivity, COOH > OH (the C=O drawing all electrons from carbon atom).
Have fun (and crossing fingers i'm right)
Ty, you rock! :D

I thought it'd be that way as well. And vickos.. this is chemicals, last year of highschool =) And nozan is chemicals teacher in France so... I kind of had to ask him for some explanation 8)

The C=O drawing all reactivity towards it sounds logical as well. I guess the oligomere gets longer if you put in more MS than A. (Simply less chance the partial oligomere meets an A and thus finishes off :) ).

Well, in three hours it's the hour of truth (final exam time for chemicals) so wish me luck! :D

EDIT: We would probably write it like this: CH3-O-CH2-CH2-O-CH2-CH2-O-(CO-CH(CH3)-O)n-CH2-CH2-O-CH2-CH2-O-CH3

Where the n is a whole number :) For example 10, means that that part repeats itself 10 times :wink:
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Nozan
Growing Leet

Post by Nozan »

in french i'd say "merde" to you, since gl is not supposed to bring any luck :D
/me crosses fingers for jOO
/me waves to Enye eheh
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Nozan wrote:in french i'd say "merde" to you
"poep" lol xD thats the dutch word :) crap to you alpha :D
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Nozan
Growing Leet

Post by Nozan »

so how did it end lup ?
btw, sorry i could not be more online this week : got a f..... prorat-D trojan that installed in win/sys32 and well, it was pain to erase.
i'm just out of reinstalling winshit, the issue was i had to keep 40Go of datas alive so i could not format, had to repair, uninstall reinstall tons of progs.
add to that my isp went a bit nuts for a pair of days also.
but now all is ok and i'd even say the comp works better (did a lot of cleaning on it too eheh).
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Nozan wrote:so how did it end lup ?
btw, sorry i could not be more online this week : got a f..... prorat-D trojan that installed in win/sys32 and well, it was pain to erase.
i'm just out of reinstalling winshit, the issue was i had to keep 40Go of datas alive so i could not format, had to repair, uninstall reinstall tons of progs.
add to that my isp went a bit nuts for a pair of days also.
but now all is ok and i'd even say the comp works better (did a lot of cleaning on it too eheh).
Went good I think.. believe it or not but we got a question about a heap of... horseshit :lol: SERIOUSLY. Done with exams now :D
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.