Your GUI setup

Post here your best general pictures. (Post illustrations of specific topics, guides, technical questions, and such in the relevant forums/threads. No real life pictures here.) (All users can read)
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Your GUI setup

Post by Mortus »

Im curious to how you have your chat windows setup, if you're using a custom GUI and which one, how you have your hotbar layd out etc. Please post screenshots!
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

i'm using an alien invasion style GUI
------------------------------------------------------
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

heres mine on ad

Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Nerf your screeen Rez coro and nerf your creds!!!

(mine is 1024x768 and gets pretty cramped when you get 2 pets spwaned up :P)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

I'll post my doc's GUI :)

Was done as a screenie session for Derkiet's banner, didn't give it tho, still nice GUI sample :twisted:
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

hehe sill the resolution I play at is 1680x1050 but got downsized when I uploaded the screenie to photobucket hence the loss in quality.

as for the creds over the years they ve been more they ve been less at times
:)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Thing I see on a lot of PvP-er's GUI is that they place their own hp bar in the middle of the screen, with over it their enemy's hp bar. Basically it looks like a + so you can see if you or your enemy is on the winning side atm :twisted: No idea how/why further they do it.

Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

I prefer my aircraft hud setup for pvp. On my agent the chat windows are narrower and the ncu window is bottom right.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Sillanto wrote:I prefer my aircraft hud setup for pvp. On my agent the chat windows are narrower and the ncu window is bottom right.
Post that please :o

Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Current setup, just redid it a few weeks ago:

Using Dovvetec skin. All windows have clickthrough. INPUT window has subscriptions to all channels I might want to send messages to, but only the inputbar is visible (rest is covered by main combatspam window which is AlwaysOnTop). I wanted separate windows for AP chat and combat, but without needing 2 imputbars or needing to have org chat come up in both windows. I found this a good way so I only need to have one input bar. I have tells also go to a small separate window with text timing out after a while, that way I see tells even in the middle of combat. When I dont get a tell the window is 100% transparent and clickthrough.

Nanoprograms window is normally closed.

Quick bar setup:
1: assist [Tanksname] macro / attack target action / assist %t macro / root nanos and grafts
2: damage perks and dof/limber+deceptive stance
3: unroots / unsnare nanos
4: HoTs and buffs
5: compo buffs / shadowweb spinners / slow meeps
6: Shadowland evacs / fgrid
0: self evac nano aka MEEP :)

**OLD SETUP**

Old GUI setup, using FoxySkin clicky.
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

core wrote:the resolution I play at is 1680x1050
This is the same resolution as my alienware notebook (I LOVE widescreen), but I have never found it on a stand-alone monitor. What monitor are you using?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

This is my GUI.

There are many like it but this one is mine.

I use Notum Dovvetech as a skin, but it doesn't really change how the layout is, in fact, I used this layout before going to the skin.

Its busy ... I would love a higher resolution to spread things out (I use 1400x1050 on my laptop, but my PC LCD is 1280x1024). But I can see and use pretty much anything I need to quickly. It really saves my butt in PvP, soloing, and when dual-logged.

A. Mini-map, Stats, NCU and Team windows ... all except Team are set to auto-fade ... also my compass. Works like a HUD and I'm used to scanning "through" them.

B. My health, nano, fighting target and nano target bars all in the center.

C. Quickbar, Nano programs and Perks ... this section also set to auto-fade. This are can be turned off most of the time since I have so many macros setup now.

D. You can't see it in this shot, but I keep a blank chat window here that is partially transparent. It covers the entire area from the text window below it to the fighting target bars. Reason is I find that some nano effects are SO bright, especially on a LCD, that it hurts my eyes. This allows me to deaden the glare without losing picture.

E. System information mostly, a couple other channels, so that I can see when (for instance) UBT landed even after some combat scrolling. This chat window has input turned off and has click-through enabled.

F. Combat information like hits, misses and damage. This chat window has input turned off and has click-through enabled. Messages in this window are set to time-out so that when I'm not in combat, I have more space to see.

G. Main chat window. Orgchat, tells, team and vicinity go here. Sometimes I move tells to a spare window when I'm AFK for a long time.

H. "Extra" chat window with tabs. I turn off this window completely when I don't want to see one of the tabs. I put Raids in a tab in this window along with OOC, Shopping, and some others. Its usually not visible.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Hyde wrote:This is my GUI.

There are many like it but this one is mine.

C. Quickbar, Nano programs and Perks ... this section also set to auto-fade. This are can be turned off most of the time since I have so
Busy indeed. Customized to almost perfection by now? What do mean with macros, can you connect perk actions or nanos to hotkeys or text commands?

Those of you that've played Ultima Online knows how many hotkeys you used there :) I think I had the entire keyboard with hotkey commands using Ctrl, Alt and Ctrl+Alt (all letters and F-keys). Anyway I like to use the keyboard rather then clicking.

(and I did notice the Full Metal Jacket reference - best vietnam film ever in my opinion)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Mortus wrote: Busy indeed. Customized to almost perfection by now? What do mean with macros, can you connect perk actions or nanos to hotkeys or text commands?
I have a programmable keyboard, so I have 18 "extra" keys hotkeys that I've programmed to chain perks and such.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Hyde wrote:
Mortus wrote: Busy indeed. Customized to almost perfection by now? What do mean with macros, can you connect perk actions or nanos to hotkeys or text commands?
I have a programmable keyboard, so I have 18 "extra" keys hotkeys that I've programmed to chain perks and such.
OMG cheat! What keyboard is it?