The email you should receive from FC

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

The email you should receive from FC

Post by Chrisax »

If your account is a paid and active account:
Dear Anarchy Online Player,

We want to celebrate our history with you, and are delighted to present once in a lifetime special offers and awesome 7 year anniversary gifts for you and your friends!

As an active Anarchy Online player we are giving you 700 paid points for free. These points have been added to your account and you will able to use them as soon as you log into the game. If you have not gotten around to getting a hover-bike or upgrade to that luxury Jobe apartment, there has never been a better time than now.

That's not all! You have also received 7 buddy keys to invite your friends. With these buddy keys your friends will be able to discover and enjoy one of the best sci-fi MMOs ever released! These keys give a full 30 days of free play with all expansions enabled:

key#1:

key#2:

key#3:

key#4:

key#5:

key#6:

key#7:

Send your friends one of these keys, and point them to www.anarchyonline.com/download/ for a fully updated client.

In futher celebration, we have put together a video that tells the story of Anarchy Online from launch 'til now, with all Game Directors sharing their thoughts on Anarchy Online. See it here. Also, an updated letter from the Game Director is available. Read it here.

Join us this weekend as there will be presents and non-stop celebration throughout Rubi-Ka!

We would like to thank you for your support during all these years and we hope to see you in-game very soon!

Regards,

Funcom

If you are a froob:
Dear Anarchy Online Player,

We want to celebrate our history with you, and are delighted to present once in a lifetime special offers and awesome 7 year anniversary gifts for you.

You have been enjoying Anarchy Online for free and we would like to thank you, as Froobs have been and are a great resource to the game, the community, and to us. Therefore we would like to offer you a unique opportunity to go further in your adventures by upgrading to a full account. You can have full access to Anarchy Online and all its expansion packs (Shadowlands, Alien Invasion and Lost Eden) for only €7 / $7 (depending on your geographical location). This offer also includes 7 additional days of free play time, making a whopping 37 days of playtime included!

Upgrade your account here.

This special anniversary offer is only available until July 4th, so be sure to grab the opportunity while you can, and join us in celebrating the wonderful history of Anarchy Online.

In futher celebration, we have put together a video that tells the story of Anarchy Online from launch 'til now, with all Game Directors sharing their thoughts on Anarchy Online. See it here. Also, an updated letter from the Game Director is available. Read it here.

Join us this weekend, as there will be presents and non-stop celebration throughout Rubi-Ka!

Regards,

Funcom
Last edited by Chrisax on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Note that the plans are that players should be able pay (more or less) for the booster pack with paid points! (If FC's management agrees). So keep your points!
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Chrisax wrote:Note that the plans are that players should be able pay (more or less) for the booster pack with paid points! (If FC's management agrees). So keep your points!
They'd be idiots not to make it that way. I think they're pretty foolish to be charging for it at all. The new engine was the way to attract old timers back ... but making them pay for it (beyond a monthly fee) is going to cut the number who try it out way down.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hyde wrote: They'd be idiots not to make it that way. I think they're pretty foolish to be charging for it at all. The new engine was the way to attract old timers back ... but making them pay for it (beyond a monthly fee) is going to cut the number who try it out way down.

No, no :) the booster pack is NOT the new engine :) The booster pack will come before the new engine, with new zones and stuff.

The new engine will be an update to the game, as any patch. Except it will be a major one.

Note that the raid interface should be released before the new engine too.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Then their messaging is a bit off, since I swear I read something on the main AO forums where they freely went between calling 18.0 the new engine, then saying that 18.0 would have new content, then talking about the new content being called a booster pack.

Good to hear they won't be tying the engine to a paid update.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Thank u chriss for letting us know such info . Thanks :P
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hyde wrote:Then their messaging is a bit off, since I swear I read something on the main AO forums where they freely went between calling 18.0 the new engine, then saying that 18.0 would have new content, then talking about the new content being called a booster pack.

Good to hear they won't be tying the engine to a paid update.
The confusion lies in the fact they are not sure exactly of when the engine will be ready for release so they just planned on releasing the engine and the booster pack at the same time but not as the same thing: everyone will get the new engine, the ones who want to use paid points (or cash) will get the booster pack. It's not sure this will happen this way.

Note that some of the contents in the booster pack as well as some of the B-day items are more or less designed with the new engine in mind.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

If you are a former player with an inactive account you get this email:
Dear Anarchy Online Fan,

We want to celebrate our history with you, and are delighted to present once in a lifetime special offers and awesome 7 year anniversary gifts for you!

We believe you will be positively surprised to discover all the changes we have made, and the new content we have added, since your last visit. Therefore we are pleased to offer you 30 days free play time, and give you the unique opportunity to check out all the cool new content and re-familiarize yourself with the game.

If you use this offer to reactivate your account, we will also add 700 paid points to your account for free. This will allow you to buy new outfits, vehicles and other goodies for your character. This offer ends July 4th, so act now to avoid missing out!

Reactivate your account here.

If you have un-installed the game, please go to www.anarchyonline.com/download/ for a fully updated client.

Join us this weekend, as there will be presents and non-stop celebration throughout Rubi-Ka!

We would like to thank you for your support during all these years and we hope to see you in-game very soon!

Regards,

Funcom
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

In related news: Im thinking about maybe possibly eventually giving up my account, anyone interested in a 2nd account with a lvl 216-something fixer and 30 days gametime? (froob account included)
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Noooo Mortus. We want YOU! :)
Iqloo
Leet

Post by Iqloo »

Note that some of the contents in the booster pack as well as some of the B-day items are more or less designed with the new engine in mind.
So THATS whats up with the ugly sparkly shirt!
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

D'oh! I forgot all about this mail, and I just noticed the deadline was 4th july!!!! Gah... it expired on me :'(
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

oh no ](*,) ](*,) :-#
mytefe
Big Leet

Post by mytefe »

the email is not expired, if u go your account page u can sign up till 30th july.

its another FC lie, gimmick :)

email i got said 7euro, then when i try sign was 15euro/month +7 = 22euro. so i stay frooby ftw
A freshly picked BLUE rose for j00
<3
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Offers may still be valid. Just try and see.

Mytefe, 7USD/euro is for the expansions. There is still a monthly rate but you should get some free playtime (30+7 days) before being billed for the monthly subscription.

If it doesn't work for you or if what is displayed sounds unclear, contact accounts service with this page

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarc ... ,1009,1027

or email
account@anarchy-online.com