Booster Pack news and pictures (again)

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Booster Pack news and pictures (again)

Post by Chrisax »

Well Means is still sick, and badly. Nevertheless he wrote this little note for us.

Also, next week, we should have some pictures of the last version of the new graphic engine. :)
Friday with Means - November 28th, 2008
Yet another amusing week of archaic illnesses. This time it was "Vertigo" that had me leaving the office in the back seat of a reluctant gentleman's taxi...complete with office bucket-garbage can for emergencies. "I am unable to walk." is not a problem I usually need to ask my competant and dedicated team for help with.(Thank you for the help Sjur.) Some have suggested I don't know my right from left in the past and I got to fully experience a real world implementation of this condition for almost a full 24 hours at an Oslo emergency ward.

I would like to humbly request that if any of you are poisoning/voodoo doll/ritual curse etc.. me in your spare time...please stop. I have a great deal to do to get this booster out before the holidays and I have no desire for additional challenge or time-pressure.

Please stop. Really.

The first views of the 12 man final booster raid instance are at the bottom of this post!

Please stop.

In game screenshot of me relaxing in my HOVERCHAIR at the bottom of this post.

Some questions from last weeks Friday with Means that I would like to address quickly right now:

Keeper Fear Immunity Auras?:
In their own line. You will not have to give something else up to use these. All benefit...no downside.

Fear and Knockback for all?:
Not everyone will benefit directly from the implementation of Fear and Knockback. Not all classes will get these mechanics. Shades will not get knockback or fear...but Shades, for example, will be getting new spirits in the booster. "Xan Artifacts" will be available to all professions in the booster...some of these will be of more benefit to some professions than others. Wait and see. I promise not all balance issues will be corrected in 18.0. There will never be perfect balance...but we will keep trying.

New Weapons, My Perks, My Weapon choice isn't as good etc:
This booster will not fix all weapon choices for all professions. Hopefully our regular updates in the near future will be able to address some of these issues. We are willing to listen to these issues. Some of these issues will hopefully be lessened by the new improved symbiants addressing skills that were missing from the old sets. Yes...1HB will get looked into...as will "Craphander". But not before the release of the booster.

Noobie Island:
All the new loot (with the exception of implants) is being restored, and should be in the next version. We are also working on the excellent suggestion of being able to enter the alien ship from the island.

New Engine:
My team says we can have screenshots for next week. I believe them.

Stop poisoning me.
Colin "Means" Cragg
Disoriented Game Director
Chrisax
President

Re: Booster Pack news and pictures (again)

Post by Chrisax »

Booster pack: Final 12 people raid zone

Booster pack: Means in Hoverchair