The screenie that *almost* made me play AO 6 years ago.

Post here your best general pictures. (Post illustrations of specific topics, guides, technical questions, and such in the relevant forums/threads. No real life pictures here.) (All users can read)
Mortus
Maxi Leet

The screenie that *almost* made me play AO 6 years ago.

Post by Mortus »

Looking through my files on a computer I haven't used in a while. Came across this one. The file date says 2001-12-10, so that's when I saved the image to my computer. I remember reading about AO on some site and this screenie is just awesomeness. I didn't end up joining AO though due to 56k modem and no money for subscription. Started to play UO on free servers instead. Anyway, I just got a bit nostalgic when seeing this picture and thought I'd share :)
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Hexy
Champion Leet

Post by Hexy »

Oh that is actually quite cool!!!
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

When the socialclothes are introduced we should do something like this with Athen Paladins :)
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Hexy
Champion Leet

Post by Hexy »

Sounds fun to me :)
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Re: The screenie that *almost* made me play AO 6 years ago.

Post by Mortus »

Now that the social tab is ingame, maybe we should do a AP group photo? Gather ALL active APs for a huge group shot, and wearing some sort of uniform clothing (but maybe with some individual things). Would be a nice thing to post on LoR and bettering AP image :) But first and foremost the awesome quality of this would be great! I'd rather spend 1-2 hours doing a group shot and chatting with the org rather then doing some random raid.

So what do you say?

Edit: Maybe we should have uniform clothing, but with different costumes for different profession roles? Like enfo/keeper in one kind of setup, soldier/fixer in one, etc. Give suggestions of looks (screenshots!).
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Mortus wrote: So what do you say?
I say COOL. Let's try to do it! :cool:
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Bumpage,

Hmmz Uniforms.... Im an AP general can I be special In Keeper Tier 3 with an Spear of Forbidden Ceremonies? Just looks so cool.

Female can be L33ted.

Chrisax can wear Super Hero outfit cause he is just sooo 4m4z1nG!!!!

Adv's can be morphed sabers.... enf's at the back with SL ess
Fixers in GA
Shades in sneak wearing tatoos
Engi's in crawler armor or Carb
NT's in some cloak
etc etc

Dunno I would like to see each prof wearing the same thing tbh instead of all AP's in same gear, we all have AP over our head anyway :-)
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Grind42 wrote:Bumpage,

Hmmz Uniforms.... Im an AP general can I be special In Keeper Tier 3 with an Spear of Forbidden Ceremonies? Just looks so cool.

Female can be L33ted.

Chrisax can wear Super Hero outfit cause he is just sooo 4m4z1nG!!!!

Adv's can be morphed sabers.... enf's at the back with SL ess
Fixers in GA
NT's in some cloak
etc etc

Dunno I would like to see each prof wearing the same thing tbh instead of all AP's in same gear, we all have AP over our head anyway :-)
I like the idea of each prof wearing uniform clothing (and by uniform I mean "the same" not "a military uniform"). Maybe we could get an officer/general log their prof from each toon, so we can have one toon using a different weapons or something "leading" each of the blocks of toons. Chrisax standing in front, of course. It is Athen _Paladins_ after all, not some rag-tag band of clammers dressed in rags and with no organisation.

Since there are so many profs it might be hard to get enough people to fill the ranks of each profession. I think it will look a bit lame if only one or two of some profession. Realistically I think we would get maybe 30 people in the shot. That's why I suggested clumping a few profs together. My idea of the picture is still something like the one in the first post.

Like the suggestions of outfits btw! Fixers in GA might be hard tho, unless we buy up all GAI on the market and put in our social :P Cyborg death squad is possible too. (and MANEX!!!)

----

More profs cothing:

Bureaucrats: Some sort of suit. Meisters/nellys, Clan standard admin. suit, Slick suit of the mockers etc
Doctors: paramedics would be cool (hard to do I think),
Soldiers: I've always liked sharpshooters helmet
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Agent seriously needs CSS boots/gloves, Shroud of Darkest Night, Hadrulf specs, alappa pads, Xan rifle.

Sneakiest looks evar. :D
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I propose this.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

BD= 8

naice!

[quote=grind]Adv's can be morphed sabers.... enf's at the back with SL ess
Fixers in GA
NT's in some cloak[/quote]

Grind forgot MA's again! I knew it ! He H8's us! me and freeman are going to be banned forever!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Alphacenta wrote:Agent seriously needs CSS boots/gloves, Shroud of Darkest Night, Hadrulf specs, alappa pads, Xan rifle.

Sneakiest looks evar. :D
Sure, if everyone manages to farm that for the shot :P In that case everyone should wear end-gear... However, back in THE REAL WORLD the idea is to use easy to farm/buy stuff and put in social, so we accually can get the exact same setups ;)