Big comp problem can't be online

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Big comp problem can't be online

Post by Chrisax »

Two computers down at the same time, thx to Microsoft"s stupid activation code system and messy installation procedure. :evil:

And even more... :evil: :evil:

I won't be able to be online, will need at least 24 hours to fix that. Take care!

And also d'ont wait for me to manage new applications please. :cool:
Mophro
Giant Leet

Re: Big comp problem can't be online

Post by Mophro »

Sorry to hear Chris, hope you'll be up and running in no time.
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
Boomer
The Boom

Post by Boomer »

That sucks :evil:
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Eww Chris....

Take it easy m8
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

To add insult to injury, a hardware issue I had between a MSI MB and IDE CD/DVD under Windows came back worse than ever. Need to get some hardware. #-o :evil:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

yuck. :doh:
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Still struggling... taking the bus to a hardware store this afternoon. Murphy's law
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Crossing fingers. If UPS delivers this morning and if I can spend some time working on comps, I should be good by Thursday night.
Graytrader
Big Leet

Post by Graytrader »

Good Luck,

Cya then. :cool:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:evil: #-o :frag: :burst: :protest: UPS... They reprogrammed at the second the delivery date to Friday. Which BTW means they need 24 hours for the 5 kilometers of the last step in a urban zone. Delivery on foot?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Ouch.

I'll bump that completely FUBAR installation code system. My windows 7 is still unactivated as well after 90+ days :biggrin: while I do have a legal serial I just can't activate it short of reinstalling everything haha.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

Must be going around...

I just got done last night reformatting my windows cause after upgrading a program that i have been using for years, thought it would be funny to delete a few key parts to my registry and had me BSOD'ing all over the place! Come to find out that they program in question needs to be patched asap and they are working on one... Well at least it runs faster again <_<

And to add insult to injury, my Ethernet modem after 8 years is showing signs of crapping out of me... So i got a rental from the ISP cause im too broke to get a decent one and guess what? The damn thing wont communicate with my router! After spending 2 hours on the phone with these yahoos, i said screw it, here is the MAC address for my old modem get it back up... so an hour after that, finally the modem gets activated and guess what this time? It works with my Router!

Gotta love when the person on the other end of call blames your faulty equipment when you know for damn sure it aint it, only to shove it in there face and have then try and wiggle out of what they said the 2 hours before hand...

Anyways, I feel for you Chris... i Hope that the Hardware issue was not expensive on you and that this will in the end make your comp work better :)
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Ouch Kitty, sorry to hear that. :(

Well,as for myself, USP delivered the goods without warning (except on their site but how could I guess they reprogrammed to today the already reprogrammed -for tomorrow- date?!) at 7PM and I was lucky to be at home.

It's going to be a long night... (Edit: starting well: a fan I need was not supplied with a regular 12V plug but with a plug for motherboard...)

And about the cost, let's say that the combo Microsoft+MSI (which must be both Murphy's minions), for reasons too complicated to explain, made me invest in a USB DVD/CD, several cables, and a new video card hence a new PSU and a new fan... all that starting with Windows activation crashing two comps. Yes, I told you, too complicate to explain, but it was really Murphy's law. Chain reaction FTW.

Thanks God, I still have a 850MHz 1GB RAM comp to type this at home, and if it explodes, I should have a 300MHz Celeron with Win98 in my cellar...
Graytrader
Big Leet

Post by Graytrader »

Ao could run on a celeron,almost. :roll:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Crossing fingers. Hardware seems fixed. Now updating Windows (lot to do) and reinstalling software.

How deep in my heart I do believe that OS and computers will be friendly some day...