spec edition helm on 170 keeper setup

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Lasarina
Big Leet

Re: spec edition helm on 170 keeper setup

Post by Lasarina »

:shock:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Still need about 20 ish 2he cells.

not sure exactly how many I need, because I can't remember what the benefit is of only putting 1 cell into an NCU, but, I need as many as are available.

Also: keeper VP. Grind, do you know how much keeper VP you have?

I may have to talk to that omni keeper sakutoria or whatever his name is.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I may be adjusting this twinkathon.

I've been thinking hard about this crazy twinkness for a few weeks now, and I've been reconsidering some aspects, especially since progression with 2-hand edge memory cells seems to be a huge sticking point in the actual process.

Also, in light of some discussion on the AO forums - which has been well recieved, and well commented on, there seems to be three main trains of thought:

1. While the BoKW is an immense twink, the cold damage doesn't line up with perk or proc damage, and while the stun will certainly be useful, it may not really help considering the significant loss in survivability (loss of 2s HD) until the rebalance.

2. If you can get that much 2he, why not do a 275 Wolf MK6 instead? Which is higher damage than the 300 kyr 112, which means that proc, brawl will add to the damage rather than spread it out (meaning easier time with coon profs) - but losing stun proc and 60AAO glory proc. This weapon, while less effective vs evade profs, should be much more effective against coon profs.

3. If I'm stuck on AR, or the kyr weap, why not twink on the 300 kyr 112. This is a considerable feat in itself, and is nothing to scoff at. This weapon, combined with the Ofab shoulders and 300 sleeve and chest, should ALSO be equipable with the SE helm, resulting in a hugely Offensive setup, resulting in the highest possible AR rating, BUt, also results in an easily possible 2s HD setup due to being equippable with the SE helmet on.

Now, due to being totally unsure when the rebalance will actually get implemented, I'm far more likely to consider a strong defensive build than a strong offensive build due to wanting my keeper to be capable of both offense and defence until the rebalance goes live.

So, I may be opting for a QL 300 kyr sword instead, but, I'm actually going to try for the QL 275 wolf WITH the SE hat on. My AR, really, is not hurting, and it's not the evade profs which are killing me, its the coon profs. So, I'll have a go at the 275 wofl twink, with the 300 kyr on standby. If I'm short on 2he for the 275, I'll go for the 300 kyr.

The 2he req for 275 kyr is 2018, the req for the 300 kyr is 2001. Neither is easy, but, I did 1894 for the QL 284, and, I'll have at least 25+25+20+8+4+4+3+5+5+4= 103 just from equipment upgrades I can count in my head, and thats with the SE helm on. Ultimately, I can't get the SE helm on without HSR pistols, so, if I'm required to swap out the helmet for the 265 CM hat, I'll likely stay with the lower weapon in that case - losing SE hat means no 2s HD (at least until rebalance).
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171944

Final setup: it's approximate, there are some obivous swaps: research hud, left wrist, rings. Also, belt is S7 belt, not whatever that one is.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Looks awesome Noobas, good job =D>
enakur
Leet

Post by enakur »

I'm just looking through your setup, thinking of the + stamina buff of Might of the revenant and barrow strength. Maybe it would ease your stamina problem?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

enakur wrote:I'm just looking through your setup, thinking of the + stamina buff of Might of the revenant and barrow strength. Maybe it would ease your stamina problem?
Motr is -7 stam not +7 stam, barrow is -3 I think.

Actually, I have no stam problems, with a 250 contract, the 285 adrenaline hud1, and a pure novi ring, I'm sitting on 810 stam.

This is exactly enough to give me 2s HD/ 1s sitting, and, leaves me with all my perks to play with.

Currently, I'm exploring a new perk setup involving Coon+dev armour (makes a very biiiig coon, sincein duels I can usually damage match for fire/cold/rad/poison/chem dmg, +6 with bracer, +4 reflect with proc, 13% from graft, +20% from dev armour which lasts the same length as coon, so thats 43% refelcts paired with cocoon, which means it's ALMOST doubly effective... so, basically, so far, nobody has got through it while DA+coon is running).

it's good for alphas and starting out... makes a weird psychological effect when an enf start off with massive alpha and my HP only goes to 95% while his drop to 50% after 10 secodns of a duel.

btw, I've changed swords, I'm now using QL 275 Wolf MK6, and, honestly, it's way better. I've also alligned all my perk damage to melee so coon profs are under a much greater threat.
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

I was ninja inspecting ur equip, and I'm very impressed. I have one question though which is bugging me. Why the ql 285 adrenaline? why not 300? I know its only 10 more HP, but its still puzzling me. And if its max stam/str with as little hp as possible, 282 is a better chois with a massive 2 less hp thant the 285 hehe.

but maybe the reason is as simple as that u had a 285 lying around :wink:

Oh and one more thing. U still 170 or 200? cos u cant wear a ql 280 bio defence shield as tl5 (unless auno is wrong ofc. ql 262 is max at tl5
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

just guessed at QL on the biomaterial shield.

285 adrenaline cuz thats what I had... had it for a loong time and never bothered upgrading.

still 170 :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Playing around with a new setup for keeper.

Theres a few subtle changes here, none too crazy, but one is extremely difficult to achieve.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=145559

The idea here isn't to go ALL out offensive, but, in general, this setup will net me:

1. 6 AR per piece of CC (QL 213 vs QL 265 CM) x3 = 18AR
2. 5 AR on the cause of headache
3. 10 AR on offensive aug hud
4. 11 AR on enduring foot

For a NET GAIN of 44 AR all in AAO, with a Gross gain of 59 AAO and loss of 15 2he skill.

The big difference though, is that this setup has massive gain of Sharp object AR of 47 (vig eye)+3*33 (CC vs CM)+5+10+11= 172 AR

The trick on Sharp objects though... is that skill is doubly effective due to a 100% AR vs 50% DR check, meaning, my REAL AR gain is:
2*(47+3*22)+1*(3*11+5+10+11)= 290... holy cow, right?

with maxed SO skill, this gets me about 2100 effective AR vs DR... meaning, almost everyone can be hit, even Advies in limber. Which is pretty cool.

Well, the effect of this setup, essentially is alpha power. I'm swapping one perk (that used to be in FS) to deep cuts (1s execution, 500ish-1800ish damage (not great, but fast)) coupled with a 1200-3000 dmg instant hit from a lava capsule, which increaes the overall alpha damage by about:

(1800+3000+500+1200)/4 = 1625 PVP damage <-- that is definitly not inconsequential (plus recharge every 40 seconds, which equates to a sustained net DPM increase of 1625*3/2 = 2440 dmg.

Of course... it's coupled with a loss of survivability based on loss of 34 HD and AAD, and Evade close (but I also gain 96 melee init and 96 dodge range due to foot implant.

Edit: The major concern, and I mean MAJOR concern: is getting the vig eye on.... it was difficult retwinking the vig Rarm after the 300 armour was on, and, in all honesty, I don't know if it's possible to get the NCU's on with the vig eye: the comp lit was EXTREMELY tight getting the 6 2he NCU's in, and , if it weren't for the tutoring/intel trickle on the living support eye I don't think they would have gone in, MEANING, that the vig eye is almost gauranteed impossible - or, the vig eye and the 6x 2he NCU's are mutually exclusive under the precondition of 300 OFAB in head/body/sleeve/ shoulders.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Due to recent acquisition of http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223678

Yes, thats right paid 1.75B approx. I suspect it's the only one on the server, I may be reassessing the current setup.

Some other stuff i'm on the lookout for but haven't sourced or located yet:

2x QL 275+ ring of endurance (I have 2x QL 249 atm)

And also need 2x soft rings with fluff (easily acquired comparatively)

So I guess whats under consideration is:

CC slotting: and extra AAO (arms, legs, glove, foot) (likely do QL 213 CC... I can't keep 223 out of OE last I checked)
Providing SO AR
POSSIBLY consider going to living/pers ocular symb instead of living support) for SO in eye
--> requires minor investment of IP into nanoskills due to loss of intel trickle

Major known hurdles include: Agi impossible to achieve without removal of weapon or Leg symb

Leg symb impossible to get back in without removal of shoulders/chest/hat or some combination thereof

Alternative setups include: removal of weapon and retwink QL 300 Kyr 112 (gain of 60 AAO to help land normals/ lava caps)

This results in the highest possible standard setup for AR with 2100-2200 AR capability with regular functioning.

Identified problems include: lower damage on cocoon profs, lower HP, shit-poor damage allignment (energy damage weap, melee dmg procs, chem, energy damage perks, fire damage lava caps), lower HD,

Identified benefits include: higher alpha capability, higher AR, signficantly higher SO AR, some of highest regular AR possible to achieve (capping out at 2250-2300)

Basically I have static 2000 AR now. add 64 from glory, 6 more AR per piece of CC (3x6=18), gain of 11 AR from enduring foot symb, for a net gain of:

64+18+11= 93 AR
+135AAO on insight
=230 gain
for 2230 AR

And obviously, adding in a 200 presence tower (50 AAO) and a learning tower (30 2he) will add more to it, and heck why not just say heavy arc for another 20 more as well for a maxed AR of about

2230+50+30+20=2330

Which is the highest AR I can imagine and likely the highest possible except for enforcer (no idea what max AR is tbh)

which, double drained would still be 1500ish - enough to hit a trader reliably enough to make him crap his pants.

anyhow, stuff to think about.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Very nice work noobas, color me impressed. :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I thought Alban Fala bracer was Omni only? Or you plan to go Omni to equip it and not change it after?

Anyhow, grats, impressive. I wondered if one was still available and not buried in very old inactive accounts in very old bags.

Side note for readers: if I recall correctly the bracer is very rare because it was on the loot table of mobs that were made non-attackable long ago because killing them screwed the quests of people of the oposite faction who needed them.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

me and G acquired the agi one and the stam one for a combined total of I think roughly 3.8 B

a fairly expensive acquisition, but well worth it I think.

ya omni only, but obviously if you need the points, then, you NEED the points :D
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:shock: uh... grats ! :!: :!: :!: