Application - Teky

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
dogg223405
Mini Leet

Application - Teky

Post by dogg223405 »

Name: Gabe
Alts to join: Teky (220/30/70 pvm and tser engi), Ailyn (220/30/70 pvp NT)
AO Experience: since 2004
Alignment: Clan/Neutral
Alts/Main: Atak, Tetha (much more - alts are listed)
Other orgs: Nepa, Dark Ninjas

Reason: want to have fun in a good org. Not a leecher, quite the pro-player. Can cover any profession, any raid :)

Thanks
Mud
Leetissimo!

Re: Application - Teky

Post by Mud »

Hello Teky. Welcome to our forums and thank you for your application!

This post was your first step to join us.

Now please come to our guest channel in the game so we can meet you and know you better. Then you'll have an interview with an AP officer, a bit later.

You'll find here how an application to AP works: Also, please read our Code of Conduct and also org Chat recommendations. This is important. Please tell us your online times, so we know when we can meet.

To join our guest channel, you can contact any AP member or officer in the game and tell him/her you posted an application and ask for a guest channel invite. You'll find usually APs at the Vanguards building ramp near Old Athen grid.

To contact our officers, here are some names among many others:
Daddyrabbit / Rabbit
Bobdc / Grind42
Sidenote / Sidedeal / Farside / Wayside
Elrojo / Hermesconrad / Eltankjoo / Elnukej00
Imamedic / Harassment / Sacrifices
Jetson / noobasknight / noobastank / rodog
Wreakhavoc / Lasaxi / Toastedhealz / Axits
Chrisax / Mekanos

See you soon in AO
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hi Atak

Just out of curiosity, can you tell us a bit more about your interest in AP?

For example, what are you looking for in AP that you might not be finding in DN?

cheers, and nice to see a vet applying :)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
dogg223405
Mini Leet

Post by dogg223405 »

Hi,

I am not leaving DN, just wanted to move a couple of my alts in an other org. Usually if u ask around, the feedback is that i help the orgs/members. Don't see any problems in sharing my knowledge with others ;).

Off-Topic: me and my girl are playing for quite a while and we are self-sufficient (on 4 accounts) so there is not much else to do in this game for us, just to have some time.

Basically ur not getting Teky :), ur also getting my girl (who is most of the time on Atak).

PS: i am most of the time on Tetha (my main).
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I see. thanks for straightening that out.

Sorry to be stuck on this, but, why are you choosing AP?

The officers are deliberating on your application and, while are you coming from an Org with less favourable disposition, we are currently viewing you and your girfriend with good-to-excellent disposition.

Perhaps you could tell us which alts you intend to move over?

We all are aware how active you are, and AP does need well functioning active people. Ideally, I think, AP would like to see you move over some of your 220's if your application goes through. How would you feel about that?

Thanks for being patient with your app.

Please don't forget to join AP chat occasionally /tell bobsan invite
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

dogg223405 wrote:Basically ur not getting Teky :), ur also getting my girl (who is most of the time on Atak).
In your OP you listed Teky as an alt you will be moving. Here you have said you will not be moving teky? Just a typo?

Tetha afaik is a neut and in NEPA, and this is the toon you play most?

I think the Question from Noobas is what is it you think you will like about AP that your Alts in DN wont be getting? Is it just broadening your circle of friends, trying something new, looking to share skills and knowledge? In addition what is it that AP can offer you? Given you are basically self sufficient and many of your toons will stay in DN/NEPA what is it we can do for you that you arent getting in these places?

We have some members who have toons in different orgs, usually because they hold ranks there that they feel they need to keep, they have IRL friends in the org or it is their own org. So there isnt necessarily a problem with keeping toons in different orgs. i wont comment here on the org you are in currently as each app is judged soley on their own merits and not on their associations (though sometimes holds some influence). I will say however, that in general when people have just decided to move only a few "alts" over they dont play those toons most and they just join guest channel on mains in other orgs. What ends up happening is they join guest and then look for AP to join raids or quests, or ask for help/questions, which is not ideal.

The other thing is that when talking about PvP, numbers count. So if you go to war will you always go on a toon under a DN banner (i see mention of a PvP NT in DN, not listed to move to AP)? The hardcore PvPers here dont want to attend wars where an org mate is helping another org win the same towerfield that they are fighting for.

just some things for you to think about.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Teky and sorry I couldn't post here earlier, personal issue, nothing to do with you. :)

About the various points mentioned by both Noobas and Elrojo, you can of course reply here but we will have a conversation online with you too, to clarify and explain to each others our positions. :)
dogg223405
Mini Leet

Post by dogg223405 »

Hi all,

It was a typo there :), i wanted to say that your are not getting only Teky in AP but also my girl on other toons. Ailyn (the NT) is PVP and for wars i will come on any toons are needed.

Now to be fair i will list my alts (220 ofc):
Tetha, Hugz (crats), Atak (sold), Segoia (218 keeper), Ailyn (NT), Hardmonkey (fixer), Heavydawg (enf), Addictive (shade), Teky (engi).

As i said i am quite self-sufficient, so not joining AP to leech raids ;) or other phatz.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Thanks for clarifying that.

So teky (engi, TS) and NT (PVP) as you said in OP.

Well I think that is a good place to start from anyway :)

Just out of curiosity, would you want to join on more toons later on if you found AP to be an org that suited you well?
dogg223405
Mini Leet

Post by dogg223405 »

Usually i am quite attached to the orgs i am in and to our friends there.
Regardless of the state of the org, unless all our friends leave, we will continue to "live" there :).

We appreciate mutual respect and understanding.
We respect the AP rules, code, need for phatz/wars/raids (if requested) and other activities but request that AP understands our habits.

An example is: after a farm run do not request an item if you did not helped or requested it in advance, just because you have seen the NN.

If you need an item, we can keep it (if drops). ;)

I will join bot on tetha later for other questions, online. (probably girl wants vortexxx farm)