Fuze in AP SWTOR... maybe

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Chrisax
President

Fuze in AP SWTOR... maybe

Post by Chrisax »

Just for information, I allowed Fuze to use my account for a moment tonight and the night after maybe so he can test if his computer can run the game, without buying it. Codes will be changed later for the sake of safety but I trust Fuze. :D
Chrisax
President

Re: Fuze in AP SWTOR... maybe

Post by Chrisax »

Don't worry about the tells, it really extremely quiet for the moment, especially in the 1st or 2nd of January.

By logging them you'll be able to see more of the world and move around in various environments so you can see if you lag or not. You have 4 chars as I told you:

- Coruscant = huge city (Chrisxa, smuggler)

- Tatooine = desert outdoors and bases (Chrisax, Jedi Sage)

- start worlds = something like the valley of Kings in Egypt for the Sith and a forest with bases and ruins for the Jedi. (Shree-Ax, level 3 Sith inquisitor, recreated just because I didn't like Bioware scratched her after the beta, and Chrissie-Ax, not used, a female version of the Jedi counselro, just to see how the models were.)
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Hope it works out for you Fuze, SWTOR has been fun for me so far.

Also more gameplay and less drama-tells for Chrisax is huge win!
General, Athen Paladins
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

So far, for me it's been a real winner.

love it.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

fuze wrote:PM

I replied with info, Fuze.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I really struggled with the game until a recent upgrade of my video card. Here is my original config:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz 41 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. Burbank (CPU 1) 41 °C
Graphics
SAMSUNG (1280x720@60Hz)
HP w2007 (1680x1050@59Hz)
512MB GeForce 8500 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc) 64 °C
Hard Drives
781GB RAID0 (RAID)
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
I bought a GTX 560 TI video card (with a new power supply to feed it) and the game is WAY better now. My motherboard has a PCI-E x16 slot but the PCI-E is backward compatible I guess, so it works. Its a bit of an expensive card ($230) but I figure that when I eventually do a new computer rebuild (when $ works out a bit) I will already have a PSU and vid card.
General, Athen Paladins
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

Respeccing is limited to your advanced class only, so only the three trees for that advanced class. Scoundrel is interesting, I've only tried one tree so far and it had an interesting mix of melee and ranged attacks. Sneaking is by far the most useful thing for scoundrel too, makes running through trash fast.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I tried 'floating' (mezzing) a boss in a flashpoint the other day. Not so much.
General, Athen Paladins
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

Every class has some sort of interrupt. Smugglers, Jedi Consulars, and Jedi Knights all have one for their class. The Trooper's Vanguard gets one but the Commando doesn't.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

seemed like it was just resisted, dunno
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Actually Jedi Consular Sage has several "interrupts", working differently. Some are mez skills; some are secondary effects of a damage skill.
    • Force lift makes the target levitate in a stunned state for one minute (damage breals the mez), with a cooldown of one minute too, so you can recast it on the target but you can't mez all the mobs around as a crat or trader in AO. BUT you can perk it to make it extremely powerful
      . first you can lower its cast time by 50% and then by 100%, making it insta-cast!
      .second, you can make it affect the main target + a secondary "standard" or "weak" target (an add for example) close, and you can perk that again to 2 secondary targets, so you mez for example a boss + 2 adds.
      Also, a multipurpose perk also makes the target stunned during 2 seconds when Force Lift ends.
      So far, I always saw Force Lift landing on all mobs up to Elite mobs included. (Elite is relatively rare, like one mob out of 100 in normal places but are very frequent in Heroic areas.)
      On Champions (the top bosses), it may or may not land, or it may land and be broken.
      On Planet Champions (let's say The Beast in AO or more Hamidon in City of Heroes or a T1/2/3 boss in AoC), as far as I know, no way.

Force Stun deals some damage and stuns for 4 seconds. It's short but it's a life savior to be able to heal yourself or cast a DoT or recast your Force Armor (absorb). Cooldown of 60s I guess (can't remember offhand).

is an artificial intelligence cutie hologirl who comes with Theran Cedrax, your second companion. Holiday automatically dances near a mob to mez it for like 7s. She appears automatically (not always on the mob you'd like too but when you get used to her, it's still very helpful) but you can send her manually too. Holiday is invulnerable. She seems to work on all standard and strong mobs, not totally sure if she always works on Elite.
      To ask Holiday for her help you need to have Theran Cedrax up.

Theran Cedrax is your second companion. He is a healer (and it makes a real difference) not only for you solo but for your team. He also does decent damage and has some nice features. One of them is a lighter version of force lift, lasting only a few seconds but he doesn't cast it automatically a lot. (He is generally busy healing/hitting/holiday-ing.)

Project is a damage ability throwing a large piece of the environment at a mob. It has a secondary effect to stun standard mob for 3s.

Force wave knocks back all enemies within 8 meters, hitting them with some damage, and knocking down standard mob for 3s

Forcequake (Jedi Sage) is an AoE "earthquake". All enemies within 8 meters of the targeted point are damaged in several hits over 6 seconds and snared (movement speed reduced by by 30%). Standard targets have a 33% chance to be knocked down by the quake each second.
So, as you see, the Consular and especially the Sage do stun-like interrupts all along the time.

fuze wrote:...how's the spec system? More than one spec?
Check my post here for details
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 973#p52973

Jedi Consular trees:

fuze wrote:Can you respec at all? Advanced Class level or only between the three trees in you advanced class?
Adoni wrote:...Respeccing is limited to your advanced class only, so only the three trees for that advanced class...

Yep, in other words, if you're a Smuggler Scoundrel, you can't go back and become a smuggler gunslinger. Advanced classes choices can't be changed.

On the other hand, NPC's allow you to reset your perks trees.
These NPC's usually don't show up on the maps! You have one SW of Carrick Station in the republic Fleet, in a room, near the Guild creation NPC, and another one under the Senate plazza on Coruscant, where trainers and vendors are.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I watched the video and I don't see much text in German (but I woke up because I was coughing at 1AM so i'm not the most brilliant mind at the moment and maybe I missed something.).

But Lil' coughing Chrisax to the rescue nevertheless.

On the video the text means "SWTOR on an AMD e-450 CPU / with a Radeon 6320 / Loading time test".

On the corresponding Youtube page, the only comment saying "something" means "Smaller test focused on loading time, with a very brief glimpse inside (the game)". This seems to indicate there would be another test somewhere (?)

BUT I could find a more talkative test WITH computer specs, more game features used (opening windows), and even a screenshot to see the global quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7z01vheKD8

The test is in Dromund Kaas, the main Sith City. I know it as my Sith girl went there in Beta. Large ensemble of buildings, open geometry with more landscape view than in Coruscant, so it's actually a good test.

The screenshot
Good quality really even if it seems that video options are simple ones (but SWTOR is not very customizable, and compared to the high level of customization in Age of Conan, for example, it's a shame. I guess City of Heroes is more customizable.)
(Compare the screenshot with the ones I posted of Nar-Shaddaa although it's not at all the same kind of zone http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =90&t=6875 I'll try to make a screenshot in a similar city ti give you an idea.)

The video itself (and the one you posted) seem to indicate the game is very playable. I regret I just didn't see a video of a combat.

Loading time for a zone seems a bit slow, and this will be a bit of an annoyance when you have to travel from a planet to another using your ship (space port / orbital station / ship / etc = loading). But it's seems acceptable.

The guy says:
11.6" Sony Vaio Netbook.

AMD E-450 1.6Ghz Dual Core
4GB DDR3-1066
AMD Radeon 6320M
500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

In Dromund Kass, I get around 15FPS outdoors, and 25FPS indoors. Seems to be completely playable, I haven't messed around with it much, but I can safely say questing and flashpoints should be doable. Even with the low FPS, it feels super smooth.

Settings: 1366x768, All In-Game Settings on low.

Hope this helps!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

"Kleiner Test bzgl. der Ladezeiten und ein ganz kurzer Einblick ."

It's what I translated and that was on the youtube page:)

"Smaller test focused on loading time, with a very brief glimpse inside (the game)".
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Invited Fuze to AP in SWTOR one hour ago. =D> :D

Smuggler, name EDIT: Absumo