AP in SWTOR: plans?

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Chrisax
President

Re: AP in SWTOR: plans?

Post by Chrisax »

Rojo, thanks, you summarized many things very well.

I DO understand the concerns and even the frustration but... been there, done that, heard it already... nine years ago when starting AP. This doesn't mean we shouldn't seriously shake our boots; this just means that we should know things take some time, even if there are valid points in this thread.

I have covered several aspects of this thread in two other posts today:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 471#p53471

and mostly in
SWTOR: Advertising/Recruiting
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 472#p53472

Please have a look. :) It doesn't cover everything but we're on the good way if we really do as posted.

I'd also like, in addition to those links, to point out that we need a better core before recruiting significantly. Inviting people without a minimum structure they can rely on is just disappointing for them. We're on it (leveling crafting skills, leveling main characters,...) but we need more (see the second thread mentioned just above).

[ On a personal touch, and from a limited perspective, I worked very hard to level to 50 fast so I could help with all level 50 contents and with obstacles encountered by other AP's while leveling. Mud did the same. But, hey... join us! :)

I offered several times online to do some hard mode things (like Heroic 4+ but mainly HM FP's we CAN definitely do) and the replies I got were (pick one)
I'm doing space missions - I'm in daily or warzone - I want to finish my quest - I'm trying to reverse-engineer and get purple schematics / leveling my skill - It's dinner time / I'll watch a movie
:) All that is perfectly fine. But we need to make some specific efforts.

So a first point is to decide we actually do one of those "hard things" or even just "guild things". It's all about starting. Let's decide on a time (and, no, not everyone will be able to be there; so we'll redo it ofc) and a goal. ]

More to come, ofc. Many points to deal with. :)