Oceanic Servers (merged: Noobas Rojo on Oceanic server)

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Oceanic Servers (merged: Noobas Rojo on Oceanic server)

Post by Elrojo »

Hi guys,

THis is a tough call for me. For many, many years I have suffered the effects of a low playing time and finally this is the chance to actually play in a time that will be active. I am torn since AP is my home and I like my home. I can get as fast at 250m/s on Shii-Cho, but i get like 30-80m/s consistently on the Oceanic server. I also know it wil be better for social events, PvP and in general FP and HM grouping.

I rolled a new toon here and I cannot transfer until late April so I will take the time to decide then what I will do. More than likely I will transfer Elrojo, my scoundrel, to the Oceanic server and just develop my other toons for AP server. For PvE Shii-cho is perfectly viable, but for the harder content and the PvP aspect its just a no deal.

So anyhow i will probably split my time between the two and level my scoundrel and then see what happens. I may even not transfer anything and just play the two seperately.

I have joined http://www.reverence.co/ who seem to be large, informed and friendly
Chrisax
President

Re: Oceanic Servers

Post by Chrisax »

Understandable. Even if we can gather members from the "other" side of the world, we can't do anything for latency or global population. I nevertheless hope we'll have raids you can join (should start soon, was talking about that last night as we have now like 7 50's) and I'm happy you stay with us, as you said, for general PVE.

Hopefully, for TSW, FC will have maybe their new technology ready, allowing worldwide people to play on the same servers.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Noobas Rojo on Oceanic server

Post by noobas »

Me and rojo rolled on the oceanic server.

I was having 300ms latency on US server, down to 40ms on sydney server.

I'll keep Jackydee on Shii cho, but I think I'll probably end up playing on the oceanic server for a while at least till I hit 50 and gear up.

hopefully we can do some raids together on shii cho, but for now with 50 PVP being my man source of entertainment, it's pretty much a no-brainer to go to the fastest server.

rojo: my toons name is Torque'thorson

I tried pming you on El'schwarz but kept getting red.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Re: Noobas Rojo on Oceanic server

Post by Bredin »

Good luck to both of you on the new server!
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Re: Oceanic Servers (merged: Noobas Rojo on Oceanic server)

Post by Chrisax »

I merged the two threads, for consistency.

Good luck there. Nothing unfortunately we can do. We have no way to fight the fact our planet is a sphere and latency is latency. It's sad but understandable.

I -we- do hope you'll stay for some PVE with us in SWTOR, and don't become strangers progressively. I hope and i'm even sure our bonds are strong and really mean something. I hope if TSW offers goos conditions of playing for the whole world, you'll be with us again. Or if you come back to AO, in a way or another, at some point.

:apftw:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Missing AP already!

new guild is one of those spam invites to grow, and it has been growing like crazy, in general, but very hard to figure out who is who and who are the guild officers.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

noobas wrote:Missing AP already!.
We missed you both already as soon as you said you were moving away... welcome to the "I miss someone club" *cries*.

And, yes, as I said once, it's a very easy way to make a guild grow. Spam.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

having not been in another MMORPG org than AP and Tiger Claw many years ago. I will admit that I do miss the AP people.

As nubs said its a spam org. They are large, with 20 minimum online and lots of "who wants to do xxxx" posts, but its a bit lonely in the fact that no one really knows anyone. THe online forum is less active than AP, even with 400 or so members. There doesnt seem to be any genuine collective goal. For example "lets get so-and-so some mods" its just really a large convenient PUG.

Some of the people there are nice and some are just complete idiots, but all in all its not AP. TBH with SW the way it is, its not really that bad to not be org'd
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Well rojo part of the reason the forum isn't busy is because it's SO new.

Like they only launched in January... lol, AP has like 9 years of forum activity to compare with :P.

Besides, I'm bringing some AP forum PAIN to the reverence forums. just check my post count over there lol I'm prob beating capex.

btw I need to you check my elite team post , you're in it, so I just need you to sort out which toon you want to bring.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:P On their first day of use, AP forums got 14 messages, and were on an average of 12/day in the following months. I stopped counting after that but over the last 6 years (the new forums install), we are above 18 messages a day on average. The top was 72 message on a single day if I recall correctly (SL time). :P
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Chrisax wrote::P On their first day of use, AP forums got 14 messages, and were on an average of 12/day in the following months. I stopped counting after that but over the last 6 years (the new forums install), we are above 18 messages a day on average. The top was 72 message on a single day if I recall correctly (SL time). :P
ya probably when doomcow applied and I went on that rampaging "PALADIN", "every person deserves a shot" frenzy we were having about 15-20 messages per day too lol.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

It's fun but I'm totally unable to remember the day we got all those messages.

Other fun fact:
Most users ever online was 42 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:16 pm and, you know what?... I have NO idea why anymore! #-o :embarassed: :cool: