Dead in the water (Polaris) done by AP group

Chrisax
President

Re: Dead in the water done by AP group

Post by Chrisax »

OST = Outisde Tank(ing) in AO

It's when someone, much higher level / much more powerful, tanks for a team to which he doesn't belong. He keeps aggro while the team is safely killing.

And Rojo is joking of course.
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Re: Dead in the water (Polaris) done by AP group

Post by Malosar »

So WIisper and are are around Q3-4, is this about a good time to try Dead In The Water? I noticed the quest is available to us from the Orothi. I'd much rather go to my first TSW dungeon with fellow AP friends rather than a most likely horrible PUG group expecting me to know exactly what to do and already have gear from there :roll:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Around 3-4 is indeed the time. :) Ann Radcliffe gives the quest on the NE bridge of Kingsmouth.

Please, experienced AP's, team Malosar and Pistachi for a Polaris run!

If I can log on (damns offline stuff work for AP's projects), I'll gladly help but I'm so weak due to lack of time, not sure it's a good idea, just good intentions. :(

Note: The main thing you have to know is that you must hide behind rocky pilars when the last boss alters reality. (There is a message about this.) Or he can kill even a rank 10 with purples everywhere.
Calen
Maxi Leet

Post by Calen »

So the CEO post is really taking it's toll on playtime, eh? ;)
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Post by Malosar »

We would still like to experience Polaris if anyone is up for it sometime soon.
Kilajan
Strong Leet

Post by Kilajan »

There are more game modes that normal btw. QL 10 gear drops from Polaris (Elite). And no. It's not that hard. We have 4 manned up to 2'nd to last boss. And 2 manned the first one.

I guess people often think the instances are hard. It's just the game mechanics that can be a bit tricky. Damage is often the largest problem. Keeping the tank alive is easy. Even with a low geared healer.

So don't be afraid to try it out. You can only die, and try again. :)
They who seek, will find an answer.

"If the tank dies it the healers fault, if the healer dies its the tanks fault and if the DPS die it's their own damn fault" - "Anonymous"
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Post by Malosar »

It's nothing to do with wanting to get gear or any difficulty (since I haven't done it yet), and all about wanting to try dungeons and healing in a team environment, more specifically with my Cabal.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

malo I see you online sometimes.

If you're around tonight when I've put bubs to bed I'll see what you're up to and we can try to get a team for it.

I'm using a similar setup to calen (claws+healing). I'm more DPS but I've scored some nice gear for healing on an inferno run last night with mostadio+his wife+peepeedebe (also from AO). so I could do heals or DPS and that will help for polaris.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Post by Malosar »

We're been a couple of times since then, and even the wife was helping out with a couple of runs for others as well :)