Mitaar guide

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Mitaar guide

Post by Elrojo »

Hey guys,

Noobas, Grind and I did mitaar last night. It's probably the worst of all the PFs in LoX as if you miss some key colors you can just splat and wipe at any stage. However we trialled the new method as described by boomer.

We had 220doc, crat, soldi, MA and Keeper. MA and keepr we static and dual logged just for extra DD. however more DD does speed up spirit pops so its a double edged sword.

The idea is for crat and doc to just run between green and blue, while tanks and static DD stay on green only. We did approx 8 rounds, with only 1 wipe. We did have 1-2 cases of us missing green when pops were bad. But only 1 wipe.

Kills take about 5-6 mins.

Need for doc to have high heal efficiency, able to self all nanos. Crat the same with debuffs. Tank should either have high static evades or high HP. You need to be able to take 2-3 hits from the dude without dying in case of nano cool down for doc heal. But it's doable and only the doc really has to work hard.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Mitaar guide

Post by noobas »

yah I've got an addendum for this.

If the crat and doc has good nano delta (unbuffed, ofc) you can probably even do the whole process with all people parked on green.

For a while, I would do green/blue on crat, but, at about 25% HP I'd just park on green and go full bore DPS on MA/alt tab crat.

It turns out, that MA+crat is an exceptional combo for the reason that IF you fail a malaise (you get a very brief window where your nano deltas has ticked enough for malaise to be able to be casted, and the next nano drain hasn't popped yet) you can use incapacitate+red dusk on MA to hold him off for about 30 seconds.... which buys enough time for the next cast.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I would recommend the doc not getting blue as you also get a short NSD. The nano drain is not so much the problem as the NSD is. If you haven't malaised and the tank starts getting some hits, it can be dangerous before you can pop a heal again. But, crat can just stick to blue, yes, when the dude is about 25% down. Usually you can all pop alphas and such and kill fast.

However, it's annoying being the doc and the only one actually doing any work......
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

One word comes to mind.....Lazyness ;)

Nice guide btw
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Pfffff Lasa,

It's not laziness. The problem I have with these encounters, and ones like it, is that you are ideally supposed to only take a few people in. Go sloooow on DD, take aaaages to kill and then randomly if you get a lag spike, or the spirits pop too fast you just pox. It's the same as DB3. At any stage, the guy could be like 5% and you can just pox on flames and then you can't come back while team is in agg.

It's the reason why mitaar items sell for 30-50 mil and the vort is like 10mil. It's jus so stupidly random some times that it makes it undesirable to go and get poxxed. Also the loot table in mitaar is screwey. We killed maybe 4 mitaar before I saw a spirit that wasn't a brain spirit. We did probably 10 and no chest dropped at all, never did more than 1 spirit drop. Was maybe 3 boards dropped, 1 green tuner, 1 multi tuner, no activation device and 1 WUD. Only 1 LW dropped the whole time for spirits, the ready was brain and I think 1 LH.

Imagine that loot table spread over a 15 minute kill with several random poxes....
Boomer
The Boom

Post by Boomer »

Just food for thought remeber he hits hard unless he is debuffed by crat. But yeah Noobas if a crat and doc have sufficent HD it could be possable.

Just remeber to keep this to yourselves if FC found out it was doable this way there sure to jack it up :twisted:
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Easy Mode Mitaar lead by Reap today that worked well with no wipes in 5 rounds... Nice tanking Reap :)

Tank and any others on Red...
Doc and pet profs (minimum 2) on Blue...

Can't do green unless all are on green btw

So, start DD and don't worry about spirit speed. When spirits come those on blue take a small NSD hit which didn't seem to bother the doc as long as tank has kept aggro. Then all get cooned. Wait it out and pet profs free doc first - select doc in team F1 etc while cooned. When pets are back in command attack quickly, then free others and return to DD - rinse and repeat...

Crats and engi and MP all have tools which help but these don't seem critical to the outcome, aside from breaking coons fast - we had a variety of pet combinations (all 220/30/70). Tanking and doc roles as always most important to the outcome, but the doc didn't seem over stressed.

Another tip for pet classes. When you get cooned don't call off your pets as they will continue to DD boss on auto pilot while you are waiting for your cocoon to break.

Not as sexy as doing it with 2 but gets the job done and can get us into Mitaar more regularly - maybe added as multiple rounds on a raid schedule?