Application - Crash

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Crash
Big Leet

Application - Crash

Post by Crash »

Hello all,

I don't want to take for granted that I'm a fit for AP in AO just because I play TSW, but I figured it's time see the mother org firsthand.

I have much to learn in AO. Starting at square one, really. Lowbie PvP is prolly where I belong at first, but I'm mostly wanting to do this for social reasons. <looks at Chris>

No promises I'll have the time, or the attention span, required to be a regular in AO. After all, AO is a much more complicated and time consuming game than TSW. But if you'll have me, I'll do my best to uphold Paladin values when I can play.

My work schedule is bananas right now, but hopefully we can squeeze in an interview in the next few weeks. (I have read and agree to the CoC)

AP FTW!

Crash
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Application - Crash

Post by noobas »

hoohaa!

you're in bro! just let us know where to find you to get an invite.

I'll send you a PM tonight when I log in - not sure of your timezone but we'll find you quick as we can hopefully.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:shock: You are already in, you silly :D You are a part of the family. No need to apply.

That said, we can still use you in TSW too! :)
tommytanker
Maxi Leet

Post by tommytanker »

Welcome to AO!! :D
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

Thanks, Tommy!

And my apologies to you, noobas. I'm getting pummeled at work & haven't even logged on. Totally stinks.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

My apologies for not having time to start playing the game until now. At least my relocation is finally over & I should start trickling in some playtime.

Right now the game is pretty overwhelming. Besides being a much more complicated game than TSW, I still have option paralysis in regards to professions. I guess I'll just rolling & leveling.

See y'all in game!
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

This space will serve as my toon list. (will update)

Crashalot - Trader (L8)
Crashosaurus - Soldier (L23)
Crashtrox - Keeper (noob)
Crashpow - Enforcer (noob)
Last edited by Crash on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Crash wrote:This space will serve as my toon list:

Crashalot - Trader (noob)
Crashosaurus - Soldier (noob)
all noobs! I feel special.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

noobas wrote:
Crash wrote:This space will serve as my toon list:

Crashalot - Trader (noob)
Crashosaurus - Soldier (noob)
all noobs! I feel special.
You should!

Man, I tried a crat (per your recommendation from a while back) but I'm just not feeling a pet class. Soldier & Keeper seem like fun tho. Pretty straight forward, both of em. I rolled an Enforcer, but don't think I'd make a very good tank. (just watching Chris tank in TSW used to kinda stress me out)

I really want to play a trader, but that may have to wait a bit. I feel like I'm screwing it up already.

See ya, noobs.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

TSW tanking is different to AO. AO is mongo, mongo, mongo. TSW needed skill haha
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Elrojo wrote:TSW tanking is different to AO. AO is mongo, mongo, mongo. TSW needed skill haha
If people actually went DPS on DPSing chars in AO, the tank would actually need to use his taunting tools to maintain agg.

notably: suicide shades with berserker implant and off spirits

That pistol /add dmg/candycane NT build forums dude was talking about

Even, in my experience, dual tonfa MA. when I did a crit setup trip tonfa in 12m, I don't think I did that instance one time where there wasn't serious threat coming on my MA from any of the bosses.

When you got a toon pumping 300k+ DPM, as a tank, you better be on your game.

The reason why enforcers don't GENERALLY need to fuss about agg management is because you get serious DPS out of crats who split damage three ways, Engineers, who do the same, and usually shades actually don't go balls out DPS, and there are about 1-2 MA's who play, and there's no finished pistol/candycane build NT's.

So, roughly speaking, aside from shades who actually want to die, there's no real threat to an enforcer who lacklustre tanks.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Tanking in AO is not very hard: it requires the right nanos and good equipment and good sense. Then what you have to do is relatively simple except on some specific cases.

TSW has probably the most difficult tanking in any game, at least the ones I know.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

I just remember watching you position bosses in Polaris and DW, thinking "I'm really glad that's not me".
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I wish I liked TSW more.

I kind of enjoyed it but it really made my computer shit itself.

And then I just kind of ended up NOT really enjoying it, like doing fusang and getting called a scrub by guys on my own side!... I'm like, what? I just want to play. if you don't want my help I suppose I can just turn it off.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

TSW tanking was not *hard*. the problem was there was too many points for a critical phail. So miss a stun = dead, boss facing wrong way = dead, don't avoid an AoE = Dead. At least in AO there isnt much, other than outhealing damage that can be "omgz i missed it, wipe".

The other thing that made taking in TSW "hard" was the very, very, very streamlined way you needed to tank. So block needed to be X or you will die. Then maybe on 1 boss defence needed to be X or you die. There was no room, like in AO where you can be an evade tank, or an AMS tank, or a HP tank etc etc.

While TSW offered a complex way to build your guy with a thousand different options, in the end only like 10 worked, or were useful. Least in AO there is some room for variation.

Full AAO shade or Candycane NT or crit Keeper or melee trader etc.