150 Ranged Advy

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

150 Ranged Advy

Post by Backstabbah »

Basic thrown together setup, not much thought into it yet.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=194291

However, I have noticed this...

ql225 Pere MK6 - http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=265059&ql=225

ql255 Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 1 - http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=254624&ql=255

To elaborate, I have been advised from several people that "The Pere is better". However, for damn near the same reqs (much easier infact without worrying with burst) You can equip a better Kyr, and also have a chance at glory. So I believe this is the setup Im going to go with.. KP/OH. Now, Lets also look at the burst cycles of that Pere, yea, 4000 Cycle, meaning you will not get anywhere near cap, infact its going to be pushing 35 second Burst recharge for a 150 advy. Lets look at the OH..

One Hander - http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=144062

Burst cycle of 1900, should be EASILY recharge capped. Now yes, dmg is very weird on it, and requires some luck, but I still feel more comfortable having more chances to hit a nice burst on someone, than only having 1 chance to land an alpha with the Pere's Burst, and then being without that special for 30-35 seconds. Plus the dmg is infact higher on a 255 Kyr, and realistically, the only reason people equip a 225 Pere at lvl 150 (the rare ranged advy twinks that is) Is because of the burst reqs, theyre stupid high. In my quick head calcs, I think I could get on maybe even a 265 Kyr, since I could fully twink towards Pistol/fling for that one weapon, the OH is easy to slap on and should be 100% hotswapable with the JEPP for FA. (Note, if IP is stupid tight at the end, Im going to ditch the FA swap on JEPP and just perma weild a OH).

Would love some thoughts and suggestions.
Rocts - MA // Backstabbah - Shade // Deadwreck - Enf
Tower War and PvP Perfectionist
Come Check Out My Live Stream @Twitch.TV!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: 150 Ranged Advy

Post by noobas »

burst will be a 300 dmg hit in PVP with onehander, if you have awakening up. Bullets in burst don't crit, so even with 2x igoc and a scope, you'll never get a burst that's more than a couple HD ticks.

not even worth IPing.

Ranged advy is notoriously difficult at 150

imo, you need to rethink the weap setup.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=201261

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=214196

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=165167

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=254631

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=265059

Your best bet is 225peregrine MK6, it'll give you by far the best damage profile.

all your specials will come from it except AS, burst recharge faster than that of the kyr type 4. and half your normals will be decent hits.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

100% agreed.

Further calculations :

225 100% possible, swapping Right Arm for a burst/aad arm implant, should be able to pull recharge down to ~12-15 seconds, and as already stated, the dmg on OH is shit, and your bursts will always be bad. i can deal with a 20 sec burst recharge, and feel confident in my consistent dmg.

As I find other issues, I will post them here.
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Revised Setup:

Forgot to mention earlier that the hhab and comm relay are actually going to be s7 Items. Names arent in auno's DB though.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

not at all? I know you can add items by using their AOID (its the very last option for each slot)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

do 233 CSS instead of 240

(Or QL 244)

I'd think hard about your Right wrist. I know you miss out on some important stuff if you went with a 250 imp, but you could do

250 RW with:

124 pistol
76 burst
8 proj dmg

OR

124 pistol
76 Aimed shot
8 proj dmg

my feeling is that you'd be better off with burst/pistol in RW.

My reasoning is this:

1. decreased recharge time
2. better special AR
3. AS will be so inconsistent that until you get towards 1800 skill and 1k add dmg it's basically a "chance" of a good hit but much more likely a crap hit
In fact, you might be better off altogether with peregrine+Jobe scout pistol/199 kyr type 1 on swap

This way you can keep a nice high damage weap main hand/offhand, then swap the 199 kyr as soon as glory procs to the jobe for a decent chance at a big full auto

it'll be less intensive IP wise, and you won't need to worry about a scope (slow inits), and you'll be far less dependent on trying to make up for crappy AS's all the time with big normal damage.
Atilise
Little Leet

Post by Atilise »

A few points: s7 ring is 151 lock and consider using artillery leg, it gives agility to help CSS out of OE.
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Yea I noticed the level lock on the ring, I thought it didnt have one for some reason, i guess because anyone can buy the box. And 100% right on the leg symb, I didnt even check, I use infantry on my 220 for the HD, and didnt think twice about it for this guy.

Also I have considered that same thing Noobas, and I am still deciding. I have never been a fan of crap hander setups personally anyways.

Another Setup Edit.

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Dude.

I like this setup.

I think this setup will be significantly stronger than some of the original ideas you posted.

A few more things to consider about setup:

The big one for me is QL of offhand... 199 is basically an IP saver.

So: are you considering Full auto and Jobe pistol then? My feeling is that you should work towards this setup FIRST, then assess how much IP you have left over, and try to work towards having enough to hotswap jobe<--> type 1, BUT, if you aren't going to have enough skill on FA to do that easily, then, maybe you might want to try maxing multi ranged, and put on a big mofuggin gun offhand?

I wouldn't be surprised if advy could get near the 2k skill mark with all the stuff you've got going there, plus chapmans, EP, 131, skill hud, light ranged guide, 250 implant in eye/RH (I have both), and 233 CSS set.... if so, maybe it's worth considering going for something out of the beaten path, like a 300 sacrosanct pistol?

TBH, I don't really see a reason for it - personally I'd aim for a QL 270ish kyr type 1 and just live and die by the glory proc.

Swaps:

You got a lot nicer add dmg (you basically doubled it with purple hud3), so, next consider swapping sandy goo with 2x proj dmg arul sabas, ofc you also got wit, now what about RBP to top it off and some proj dmg rings?

with 65ish add dmg base, add 75 from purple hud, 76 from arul saba, 60 from RBP, 60 from wit, and 50ish from rings you could be sitting on 400ish add dmg which will do a mountain of good when you're getting fast flings and 13ish second burst, and 30 normal a minute.

Pew pew on towers/S10 will be pretty substantial if you got this stuff to swap.

The add dmg is secondary, but honestly, it'll make such a massive difference that you'll probably end up keeping the setup most of the time just because of the increased hits (burst dmg goes up by 1200 dmg !!!!!)

Gameplay:

Gameplay will most definitely change with this type of setup, a LOT of your damage will come from normal - and that's fine, but you gotta stand still to make those happen. That means: fine in PVM, but in PVP it means your damage will basically drop off the charts if you're called/kiting. It's not the worst thing in the world., because, frankly, you should be focussed on defence while called anyway. Alpha damage will be a bit less than with a jobe pistol, but, if you do decide to use a jobe pistol swap, then you actually have a very reasonable alpha vs the profs you need it most (doc/agent/enforcer) - everyone else your FA ar will be too low to hit reliably.

Even still though, it might be worth just going with 160 Jobe pistol+225 peregrine with a bracer of recondrite flames and loading up on add fire damage? A lot of TL5 advy do this melee anyway, vs coon profs. fire will half suck in PVP due to alignment with teammates damage, but no worse than split energy/projectile.
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

We are 100% on the same brain wave Noobas, Ive basically already thought about what you said, minus the swapping of backpiece to rbp XD But yes, If IP becomes an issue, I will probably just put on a really high off hand as well. The Sanc Pistol is a great idea too, but I do think Ill stick with a high Kyr, that glory proc is so nice when you have it. Also the Goo, I intend to hotswap as needed with proj aruls, and the NR aruls. Same with rings, hud3, neck items, Depending on what I need, AR/NR/Evade/Low HP (Dueling Agents and NTs).
Great thing Ive noticed about 150 twinks, the only hard thing to somewhat equip is the 250 imps, basically sfa and the symbs fall on lol.

Thanks for the help so far guys!
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Just found this post lol, forgot all about it but was a nice read to see how Dedrekt evolved into his current setup.

Here is the beast of a TL5 ranged advy equip. :P Enjoy, and whats funny is, he still isnt done! 250 Pere equip is next on the table, and I just looted his perfect ql 201 EoE, So Ive gotta get all that stuff done now.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198446
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

That looks really slick.

I'll have to post my proposed setup for bobdc2 - I really want to get him done I've got 90% of the gear just a few oddballs and enduring infantry foot (never happy about the price on that one)...
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Yea its stupid priced, I was lucky enough to still have it from when Deadwreck was melee and used it lol
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Finally sat down and made the equip needed to put on the 250 Peregrine.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198790

Along with this setup, you will need at least a ql168 Ransacking tower for +25 pistol/burst.

After all buffs, trickles and this equip I came out to

Pistol 1840
Burst 1377 - Exactly the burst req needed.

* I did not include ANY contracts into this equip since AP currently has none. I did include AP's current city benefits into this calc.

**This setup is for my OPI adv. Atrox would possibly be easier to get the burst req. Also note, I had to level to 165, from 164... the extra point in Champion of Light Artillery for +15 Pistol was absolutely needed for myself. Also, I edited the QL of the Nball to 134 to match the current ingame ql200 Nball for +40, You could go as low as a +35 Nball with my setup here and be safe on the pistol req since this is obviously the single most expensive item in the setup. I maintain that 164 is possible to equip this however, if we had pistol contracts active and perfect +40 Nball, Im pretty sure it would have all evened out.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Level to 170 mate.

There's zero reason for a 165 in current tower wars unless the twink is from 5-6 years ago.

But 170 advy is very powerful so it's well worth the extra perk and the vig RW/RH. While it's obviously open to 214's, honestly there's so few 214's around that it's not even worth mentioning.

There ARE 207's though, and now 204's. But either way, 170 will only give you a further advantage over either of those two encounters.