Who wants to build a twink?

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Who wants to build a twink?

Post by noobas »

If anyone is interested in building a twink, please post here what level range you're interested, and what prof you'd like to play.

There are very few profs that don't work, but there are many that are slightly-lots more favourable.

Depending on your budget, capability and purpose, I (and others) can put together or critique a setup you have in mind.

If you intend to build a twink for war, then there may be ways to fund your build.

Please post here if you have some interest in this and we'll help you get started.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Re: Who wants to build a twink?

Post by Kebabbsan »

I need a bit of a side project i can look at when cred/gear farming on agent gets alitle to repetative.
I have actualy 2 chars im thinking of ive got a Doc that i planed on parking at 200 for S7, shes got an MBC on atm but apart from that shes pretty untwinked ( not saying an MBC is hard twink at her lvl though), atm shes 180-190ish.

And i have a Trader lvl 151 or 152 wich i think i will actualy try and make for towers and try it abit. Shes got 2 SE RE Pistols from S7 and a planed 186 craphander.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Excellent.

I'll post some setups for trader.

Doctor for S7 is easy: can you cast CH? yes? do you have a weapon equipped? yes? ok. it's done.
You can do a slightly more complicated setup, where you use all three top dots, but chances are you won't need to ever cast them.
Anseh_Lewt
Little Leet

Post by Anseh_Lewt »

I'm more than willing to help also.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

kebabbsan, what is your budget for your trader?

There's cheaper options and more expensive options. The cheaper option might cost in the 400-600m range, and the more expensive one will be in the 3B-4B range.

You could scrape the bottom of the barrel if you were NM and make a twink for 100m if you were really, really stingy.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Kebabsan,

here is the setup I am using on my 158 trader.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=194838

This setup is maxed where possible, and there are very few improvements you can do.

The main ones are glimmering ring in right finger 300 mystical force in shirt/pants, and maybe if you were uber-keen, a eye implant, but that is unnecessary.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=194839

Here is a rock bottom priced setup for trader that will still be fairly effective.

I reckon you could put this setup together for about 200m, maybe 150m if you are a careful shopper.
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

Aww sorry been busy with Panatta lately but my trader will definetly start in the 4-800 pricerange.
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

This is allready looking really nice and interesting, iGocs asside i think i could manage something inbetween both builds.

Bbl with more comments must log trader for daily tower so i can start save up some VP :P
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

In my experience, the best twinks I have had in my years, started as cheap builds that I just continually worked on until they were in the 3b+ price range. Twinks dont have to be expensive to be effective, and that is a concept most dont realize, or have the patience to see.

One of my best twinks I ever had was a 161 MA, of course this was years ago when MAs were much more viable than currently, but I didnt own a single piece of AI armor, on any toon at that time, nor a notucomm, or many of the pillar items you see people using today, hell I used a Gamboling Master's Wear, motr, a VTE, T3 pants, mystical chest (not a nice QL one either, like a 220ish one I found) I dont even remember the rest of the gear, but nothing spectacular, but I worked on him so much and LEARNED to play him perfectly, I eventually got his IP perfect and was hotswapping the bow, and a flabbergaster for SA/FA.

What Im trying to say is, its ok to have a cheaply built twink, it doesnt mean that it is going to under-perform other twinks by any means, you just have to learn and understand your limitations, and also find ways to adapt and prevail against those limitations. IE Kiting Tactics, or just plain knowing you cant kill profession X unless you get him from the blindside, ect. The best "Twinkers" dont necessarily build the best twinks, but they know their matchup against every other profession and breed, and that comes from experience, getting out there, getting out of your comfort zone, and doing some duels or battle stations. Just have fun with it, whatever you do, that is what is important, and dont be scared to die, I am 100% sure Ive died more times that Ive killed, and it seems people lately have started looking to me for advice at PvP, I am no expert and I still learn something new every time I fight something/somebody, and I die a lot, BUT I also dont give up, I come back and try again, until I find the tactic that works.
Rocts - MA // Backstabbah - Shade // Deadwreck - Enf
Tower War and PvP Perfectionist
Come Check Out My Live Stream @Twitch.TV!
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

My feeling is allso that its rather pointless to spend loads of creds on something before i even have taken my time trying to learn how i can best use it, i mean im a complete rookie when it comes to pvp in AO and i have to learn the basics and the class specifics for pvp first anyhow.
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

100% Correct, and you are 100% on the proper path to becoming great at pvp, people that have the patience to learn and explore tend to be the best at whatever they set their mind to in this game.
Rocts - MA // Backstabbah - Shade // Deadwreck - Enf
Tower War and PvP Perfectionist
Come Check Out My Live Stream @Twitch.TV!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I couldn't agree more.

The toons I play the most are the ones I am best at PVP with.

My MA, despite having a net loss duelling record, I was by far and away the best on, because, exactly as rocts says, you need to explore your options.

I started PVP on my MA when I was wearing a mishmash of strong armour and Ofab, 300 SS glasses and slippers of screaming.

I had to make use of the tools I had at my disposal. AR wasn't great, and even when it was 'good', it still was never enough to put the hurt on Omni's with 300 towers. So I had to work very hard, learning the timing on SA/AS and working very hard at timing on AI perks and when to pop MM.

It was slow going, and I had 90 losses to about 3 wins - but, I only PVP'd those who are PVPers, and gradually, I put all my 300 CC together, and I IPR'd, maxed AS, trimmed IP, and my AS's hit harder, and my SA's started to crit. And I started to win. At my peak, I had come back to within about 5 duels of 50-50, so that meant I was actually up about 130 duels since those initial losses. But then Xan came out. And almost overnight, I was back to losing, and losing VERY bad. Doctors, advies, crats who used to be good fights became outright impossible.

So that was when I started levelling Jetson.

The other toon I'm 'better' at PVP on is my keeper. And that has come from a looong road of frustration, learning what my capabilities were, how to counter specific classes, and what was required to win any given encounter. Similar to MA, that wasn't an easy road, but I'm decent now, and I built him well - over the course of 3 years. So it takes a while to get good. That's the bottom line.
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

Speaking of exploring, i know Rocts talked about a pure DD NT build with dual pistols, i would like to see that build if possible, i just got a crazy idea i wana explore.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=608273

Here's the guy who did it, he's got all the setups and critiques and DPS logs etc.

Interesting, but it's exactly as he says: "glass cannon"

He goes to huge extent to lay on as much add dmg as possible, and while original, you'll find that it's hard to play.

You're better off using a shade with dmg procs, and a good add dmg setup to load up on damage. While you might only hit 90% of the NT damage, your overall capability will be significantly increased, because you won't have to worry if you collect agg for 1 hit.

Engineer is also highly useful, even in a PVP setup you can hit some retarded damage numbers, WHILE being effective in PVP...
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

Speaking of engie, i still havent got my NM engy good, i need a solid build with DD focus but a bit of survivability. I think shes 206 atm.