Who wants to build a twink?

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Who wants to build a twink?

Post by noobas »

Focus on one thing at a time.

I'd finish your agent before you try to gear up your engi/build a twink.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

Hehe yes i understand it looks like im not focusing enough on my agent, but twink is atm just doing daily tower for vp and the engi or doc i use for when i cant find something to do with/for the agent, or simply just need a change of pace for a bit.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Here's the setup I'm going to use on bishrolledme

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=195024

I kinda like this setup, its going to be pretty heavy DD, pretty reasonably fast recharging specials, loads of special AR and pretty reasonable on debuffing dodge.

I'm not sold on the shoulders, but I've got MOTR/barrow, they add a lot of damage, and the faithful pads are annoying to get.

The alternate setup is SMG with a QL 260ish Kyr'Ozch SMG main hand+JPGPP which would also be epic DPS, but lower AR for hitting evaders.

I may try both since the only real swap is CC pants in setup, and arul sabas.

I like the SE carbine since it's proj damage as well. for a toon on /follow /assist it's pretty reasonable
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I had a talk with wonthealu last night, and he calced that a 162 soldier can get 300 ofab on.

We've found that with my equip and a 300 tank boot, that it should be possible - there's 2 300 tank boots that I know of: Blackhawkzz has one (equilibrium) and toyhazard (aka deathsrow) has one as well.

Here's some new news too:

A couple Omni have started rolling 205's, apparently some popping up.

I don't think it's too much of an issue, but 207's are phasing out and 205 fixers are starting to pop up.

As always, if you build your toon well, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it may be advisable to stay under 163, I.e. max level 162.

158 will always be safe, but if you're going to go higher than 162, you might as well go 170, and make a beast that can tank an alpha.

I'm going to post the setup for 300 ofab on 162 and assess it independently.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=195080

my AO skill emulator isn't working, but can anyone verify this setup?

Things I don't know:

1. maxed base stat for stam at 162 assumed 512 stam max at level 168 - (168-162)*3=494 stam max IP'd
2. stam value of 300 HQ at 162 assumed 9
3. stam value of QL250 contract at 162 assumed 17

Setup/perks = 510

behe = 27
IC = 20
Comp att = 12
gauntlet = 10
trader cookie = 2

494+509+27+20+12+10+2+9+17 = 1101 stam

this gives 1 point of wiggle room on the contracts/HQ bonus, but if in case of a total fail on calcs, you *could* side swap Omni, equip aban fala, for an extra 4 stam, if you can get one.
Atilise
Little Leet

Post by Atilise »

You could also switch in Nova Helmet and go for Ofab shoulders first for +15 stam on each if you ended up 4 short for Helm.

AOSkills says you should have 496 Stam at 162 on an Atrox Soldier.

If I remember right, when I was twinking keeper, Contracts and HQ should be 17 and 9 like you guessed
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

holy ass you're totally right... I pulled a major brain fart on that.

Shoulders are the slot I was setting up for, but I am so used to setting up for head slot that I left it open.

you are also saying that theres 2 more points available via IP than what I calculated ... which is great.

In that case I should be able to do 300 at 161 with 1 piece of nova dillon in head and still come out at 1103 stam.

Brilliant!
Jakereaper
Strong Leet

Post by Jakereaper »

Noobas, for a while I've been thinking at something but as my pvp expertise is lacking I'm leaving you to be the judge of that.

Is a TL4+ Fixer with GA (whatever, 3, 4) plus Notum Repulsor (around 5 points in it or maxed) viable, from just a "shoot shoot shoot perk perk perk perk perk perk shoot" point of view? From what I understood, something along to max lv 120 ~ 130 works, but over 150 you're better with the SL back armor that gives AAD). Still ... cost-wise, I think its cheaper to get a GA rather than a full set of AI armor.

So just GA as armor, full abilities + evades + runspeed + health + nano resist + weapon skill + attack speed, implants for evades and all the likes, probably Opifex for more evades, full defense and some 1:1 weapon or set of weapons 1:1.

The guy won't have too much of an attack rating, but all I want to do is something that can't be attacked. Even if I can't cast anything nor kill anything. And (besides the GA) its pretty close to zero cost.

The question is ... is a GA4 fixer WITH notum repulsor close to maxed and maxed evades a good bet that he will be close to untouchable? There are some TL5 that just tear me up (as agent) and would love to have a profession that just evades, or at least evades 80% and doesn't die in 5 seconds. And for the fun of it (as I am not a hardcore Pvper) to also have Notum Repulsor to stop the occasional MP, Doc, NT, Trader that wants to debuff me. Only thing that remains is anyone that can AS, and me with no way of healing as I'm NR buffed. And of course, no SL for me. But there isn't much Pvp in Sl anyway.

I know that it won't serve any real purpose, but I am known for doing crazy combinations that have no actual in-game purpose.
Yay
Atilise
Little Leet

Post by Atilise »

AAD goes OE, notum repulsor will make it 0% since GA is nanoskill based, so you won't have any benefit
Jakereaper
Strong Leet

Post by Jakereaper »

Ooh, does it now?

The I suppose the whole plan is going to the drain.

Thanks for pointing that out!
Yay
Atilise
Little Leet

Post by Atilise »

It's the Achilles heel of GA, however a TL3-4 fixer can be reasonably cheap, I can help you out with some set-up options if you are serious about making one. They can be really formidable, even single-drained at that level.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

It's not a bad plan for right now, since GA is getting a nerf to NR, but I'm not sure it's really the best option.

The pitfalls of it are pretty standard:

1. lacking AR
2. lacking NR
3. lacking specials

Which leaves you in a fairly standard state of: high Evades, low healing, and always running out of nano (remarkably)

A few good options for TL4 are:

118 NT (very strong if built properly with NS2, etc.)
130 dodge doctor (rmik built one and was incredibly strong)
126 enforcer with 203 CM/SOW/(axe/chirop)
118 soldier (225 OFAB/203 CC)
100-118 Crat (CS/briefcase/parry stick or scope+ithaca, or scope+union arbalest)
110-118 MP (CS/asmodian shield+parry stick or creation weap 1hb main hand)
118 NR4 Agent (CSS/SPS)
90-110 fixer (CSS, KMP, onehander, scope, or straight SMG which is ok, but you can't kite as well with it)
109/118 trader (all out support/NR is ftw)
100-118 engineer (CSS+AS weap, or CSS+pistols, ie. 200 peregrine+OH)
118 keeper with highest Excal you can get on - maybe 250ish?
Mandavel
Mini Leet

Post by Mandavel »

I may be resurrecting an old thread, but this is the place to say it.

I am the owner of an unfinished 165 NT named Krassnost, who was intended to be basically a glass cannon notum double machine. He has a full set of 225 alien armor, half built, but not quite up to combat readiness.

Needless to say, level 165 is no longer terribly viable for any kind of TL5 twink, so I'm considering rerolling him, as much as I would dislike it. His level and profession just aren't up to par anymore.

So if I were to reroll him, I am considering something in the same range, but a more viable level such as 164 or 158. However, something preferably that uses combined scout's armor, which he already has a full set of. Or I am considering trying to strike a good price for the scout's and go with something else. However, my twinks would have to be mid-budget.

I'm considering a trader, possibly engi. Not so into doc gameplay. If I am to sell his Scout's, I would consider a keeper, fixer or something a little more odd. I have an enfo, so not really into doubling up on profs on this account. I love the idea of a shade, but I know they are difficult to make work right. Any suggestions for something that would contribute well to a team, as well as be able to hold its own solo?

Edit: I have a 150 S10 fixer that I would consider levelling up to fill that gap, and make a replacement for her.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hi Mandavel

a 165 NT isn't a bad choice.

I think a lot of the higher level twink killers aren't around these days which means that nearly any <170 twink can be used with pretty reasonable success.

that's not to say that we shouldn't be wary of them.

I personally always build two Tl5 twinks the first is an offensive toon at higher level (165-170) - higher damage, damage auras, made for attacking towers and boosts those around me to juice the DPS.

The second toon I build is 150-161. It's lower damage, usually a support toon that is intended to harass, slowly kill, or significantly hamper an offensive force (I'll play this toon while defending)

So, my "main" twinks to fill these roles are a 170 keeper and a 158 trader.

My recommendation still stands - that the only toons you should do 165-170 on are high HP, coon or TMS profs (keeper/enforcer/soldier/advy/engi) - these profs CAN eat a 207's alpha - advy it's hard to do, but if you CH you can make it. I've eaten a whole 207 fixer alpha on my keeper many, many times, with 18k HP OSB'd, I sometimes don't even need to pop DA or coon. On sold, you pop TMS, on enf you coon and rage out (harder now with rage not adding RS).

NT you can do it, but you've gotta be in def stance with NS2 at the ready - if you don't have this... then you're a bit screwed.

My honest opinion on this is very simple. If you like playing NT, if you like the setup you've got - stick with it and just practice being a glass cannon.

If you like the playstyle, but don't like the gear, change it up.

since you said you have a 150 fixer that's a perfect harasser. fixer is highly needed in war, so there's no problem with that. I use my 150 GA 4 fixer to harass all the time (not so much lately, but last few years I used many times). Ga4 fixer could snare/kite up to 5 players and outheal/slowly, slowly pick them off. in many occurences I was able to hamper mobility and slow the damage on towers for long enough that help arrived and we saved our site (or others).

I would take a hard look at your NT. If you like 165 but you want to go balls deep, consider upgrading your scout set for something a bit more extreme ... 165 NT can easily do SE helmet, for example. but what about a dodge setup? Blinds work wonders for evades you know... So do crats.

How far are you from 1800 dodge+AAD? If you can tweak your setup to get around 1900-2000 dodge+AAD +blind, you're definitely in the evade zone - team with a crat/keep and the only thing that would take you down, despite being a "glass cannon" is AS spam.