Alpha Yourself - Help to equip Alpha Symbiants - Excel file

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Maverick
Mini Leet

Alpha Yourself - Help to equip Alpha Symbiants - Excel file

Post by Maverick »

Hello everyone!

I think there is a time in every high-level toon's life when Xan Alpha symbiants become a target. :cool:

Although most of you have certainly passed this time already, I know that some are still preparing for this moment. With this topic, I would like to give you an idea, how you can prepare to have a smooth process without any surprises with regards to requirements. =D>

I have recently equipped alpha symbiants on my solitus melee adventurer Maverick86. Based on this example I would like to show you, how I prepared myself for this process. Please find attached a ZIP file containing an Excel sheet with detailed calculations and step-by-step equipment listings. The sheet should be easily adaptable for other breeds and professions. It has been some manual effort to write everything down though. :kbd:

Furthermore I tried to optimize the process by having as few equipment changes as possible between every single symbiant that I equipped. Due to the fact that I'm human, I cannot guarantee that my calculations are complete and free of mistakes. Please help me to correct such errors accordingly. :help:

It all worked out pretty smooth for me using this file. It would have been even easier, if I would possess the Dustbrigade Covering or the Dustbrigade Bracer.

During the process I found that I sometimes could afford to replace the Research Attunement Device - Health by the Medical version to be more independent from having a Doctor casting SFA and Treatment Transfer at me. :mrgreen:

Some of you may have similar or even better information and knoweldge, also for other toons. Therefore you are invited to share your knowledge and make this topic helpful for as many people as possible.

Looking forward to reading your feedback and sharing further ideas regarding this topic. :read:

Cheers
Mav

:apftw:
Attachments
AlphaYourself.zip
MS Excel file with step-by-step instructions.
(79.2 KiB) Downloaded 2827 times
It's all about fun. :D

Maverick86 - Passionate Adventurer born in 2004 - Equip
Chrisax
President

Re: Alpha Yourself - Help to equip Alpha Symbiants - Excel file

Post by Chrisax »

At this time, I could only examine the document for two minutes but it looks like an awesome and very complete work. =D> :D Congratulations, Maverick!

I set this thread as "sticky" so it remains visible always, and I'm expecting comments from our crazy twinkers. I put a shadow link for it in the Generals Messages forum too.

For people who don't have Excel or a free software able to read Excel files (like Libre Office or Open Office), you can download and use Microsoft Excel Viewer which is free:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=10

(Reading is even more comfortable with the viewer)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

looks good.

Is the Base skill for treatment really as simple as 5* your level?

Treatment caps at TL's, and in SL dings it can be increased by 25 per level I think as opposed to 5.

You've really done a nice job here and I can see it took a lot of work documenting all of it. I'm very impressed.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Maverick
Mini Leet

Post by Maverick »

Hey noobas,

I think you're absolutely right. It's not as simple as indicated in my file.
While digging deeper into this, I found this thread in the official forums:

Truth about Skill Color

The skill cap seems to depend on IP cost and title level.
There are tables like this which indicate the IP cost for each skill and profession: Skill Chart

In my case as adventurer the treatment skill has an IP cost of 1.0.
According to the mentioned thread the skill would be capped at 600 for TL6, if this is still valid.
20 SL levels would add another 500 points to this, assuming that each level adds 25 points as you mentioned.

So we end up with a total of 1100 treatment as base skill.
Hence my formula (level * skill raise per level) might only apply for level 220 or it's just a coincidence.
For levels below 220 it cannot be applied for sure.

Thanks for pointing this out. I think it is very important, especially for toons below level 220.
Do you know whether SL levels add 25 for all skills or does this number only apply to "green" skills with very low IP cost per skill point like treatment for adventurers?

Cheers
Mav
Last edited by Maverick on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Clea
Baby Leet

Post by Clea »

15 i think? then whatever base abil adds?
Maverick
Mini Leet

Post by Maverick »

Hi Clea,

you mean to say that skills like treatment can be raised by 15 points with each SL level?
Maybe I can check later what AOSkills3 would be simulating. It's a great tool btw. If you want to check it out, have a look here: AOSkills3

The trickledown from abilities has been calculated in addition to what I called "base skill" before.
If you open the attached Excel file in my first post, you will notice a seperate trickledown calculation for each symbiant to be equipped. This is due to other abilitiy values based on different equipment.

Cheers
Mav

Metaa the adventurer
Mini Leet

Post by Metaa the adventurer »

Hi,

Thanks a LOT for this, It's on my timeline to get in Alpha symb. great help here =D>
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

For a green skill it's 20 points I think for an SL ding +trickle for ~25.
Maverick
Mini Leet

Post by Maverick »

Hi all,

I've done some further investigation to come up with a formula to predict the maximum treatment skill without trickledown based on level and profession. This could be included into the excel file to have more accurate results, if the formula can be verified.

The IP cost for treatment varies between 1.0 and 2.0 depending on the profession:

------- Adv - Age - Bur - Doc - Enf - Eng - Fix - MA  - MP  - NT  - Sol - Tra 
IP Cost 1.0 - 2.0 - 2.0 - 1.0 - 2.0 - 1.6 - 1.2 - 2.0 - 2.0 - 2.0 - 2.0 - 1.6

According to AO Wiki an IP Cost between 1.0 - 1.4 is a "green" skill and 1.5 - 2.4 is an "aqua" skill.
This defines if the skill can be raised 5 or 4 points per level, up to title level cap (for RK levels).
Based on skill emulators like AOSkills3 it seems that the raise per SL level is 25 points or 20 points without trickledown.

Considering all this information including the title level skill caps provided by AO Wiki, my best guess for a formula to predict the maximum treatment base skill without trickledown would be something like this:
:beta:

if (Treatment IP Cost < 1.5) then
------if (Player Level > 200) then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = (Player Level - 200) * 25 + 600;
------else if (Player Level > 189 then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 600; // TL6 cap for green skill
------else if (Player Level > 149) then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 550; // TL5 cap for green skill
------else if (Player Level > 99 then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 490; // TL4 cap for green skill
------else if (Player Level > 49 then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 360; // TL3 cap for green skill
------else if (Player Level > 14 then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 200; // TL2 cap for green skill
------else
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 60); // TL1 cap for green skill

else if (Treatment IP Cost >= 1.5) then
------if (Player Level > 200) then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = (Player Level - 200) * 20 + 540;
------else if (Player Level > 189 then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 540; // TL6 cap for aqua skill
------else if (Player Level > 149) then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 500; // TL5 cap for aqua skill
------else if (Player Level > 99 then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 450; // TL4 cap for aqua skill
------else if (Player Level > 49 then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 330; // TL3 cap for aqua skill
------else if (Player Level > 14 then
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 180; // TL2 cap for aqua skill
------else
------------Max. Treatment Skill = 50); // TL1 cap for aqua skill

Let's have 3 examples based on this formula:

Level 220 Crat - Treatment IP Cost = 2.0 - Max. Treatment Skill w/o trickle = 940
Level 150 Fixer - Treatment IP Cost = 1.2 - Max. Treatment Skill w/o trickle = 550
Level 150 Agent - Treatment IP Cost = 2.0 - Max. Treatment Skill w/o trickle = 500

Do you think this might be accurate? I will check it myself for some toons later today.

Cheers
Mav

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

looks good mav.

I didn't check all the formulas but they seem about right.

Your next job is to use all this nice background work you're doing an build an unbelievable twink!
Maverick
Mini Leet

Post by Maverick »

Yeah, I probably should...

Any suggestions for a useful twink?
Maybe a Lv60 Enf for ToTW & PVP? Sounds promising?
:?:

Cheers
Mav

Tuxxy
Mini Leet

Post by Tuxxy »

A brilliant guide, We come in very useful. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to upload this.

I created a small gear guide a little while ago, I hope you don't mind me posting it here.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=202035
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Tuxxy wrote:What a brilliant guide, We come in very useful. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to upload this.

I created a small gear guide a little while ago, I hope you don't mind me posting it here.

You're most welcome to post and contribute to our forumms Tuxxy :) Feel free to start threads and everything !
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

brilliant guide, We come in very useful. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to upload this.

I would have changed legs with operative gear , they will abit more to stats and the operative legs gives 25 treatment , they are yes drop items
I belive its dust it off mission next time arbiter is up , so if lucky you can 7 parts if you have the time to do it each day.
Misson is really simple , kill 1 db general locted a few places in pw and on to db1 2 before ending at vortexx.
Helps if your immune but can wait to dots are done and enter.
When your done and delivered mission in halo deck , will get a random armor/weapon in inventory.
Back item and weapon is nodrop.

https://aoitems.com/search/name:operative/p-ttype:2/

Edit: Dont buy on gmi , they are overpriced and many members have full sets if need to borrow
:apc:
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

Just made a new flexible version of famous Alpha Symbiant calculation sheet compatible for excel/calc enjoy @ http://rubi-ka.net/bitnykk/AlphaYourself-2-0.ods