spec edition helm on 170 keeper setup

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: spec edition helm on 170 keeper setup

Post by noobas »

Since the Excal line of weapons has recieved the fast attack special, these weapons have basically gone from PVM afk weapons to top of the line PVP weaposn for keepers since it frees up a lot of IP in brawl, which can be used to fund RE/AS skill for a swap.

I've had a 259 excal for a very long tie on my little keeper, but we've been hunting for a 260 (exact) excal for a while now.

Finally G bought one for 3B so it's time to reassess my keeper setup.

This is the setup I've been really wanting to try:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=197314

The perk setup, as usual is variable.

This perk setup is based on maxing evades/dodge, and having a really strong alpha (initial strike/feast/bluntness/fast attack/wrath/cleave/transfix/lava cap/swapAS)

Basically this could do about 10k damage but would depend on the AS and how many normals landed during the alpha.

AR would be similar to what I have now on keeper ~2050 with predator, and obviously has swap potential.

The big difference in this setup is that there's some - crit in NCU, a bit more NR, a LOT more crit, and a fair bit more AAD/dodge, the potential to swap a perk into NR (which I already do) is reinforced since I can swap the excal for phulaks.

I'd love some feedback.

Potential problems include: 223 CC maybe can't be kept out of OE (retarded) so I might need to go with QL 213, HP is lower, IP is kinda tight, and lack of a brawl stun may be annoying.

This setup takes into account the rebalance where keepers will likely be casting a few nanos in combat to provide some temp boosts.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

I might be missinf something but why Alien reflex inits ( &agility ?) over the Alien beacon evades and nr ?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

it's needed to keep the 223 CC out of OE.

I need to check the agi, but last I checked unless I have perks in atrox secondary genome (for wit) I need a bit of agi in setup or it goes out into OE :/
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Oki makes sense then ... If ya havent upgraded 285 TO use 300 you could do that i guess and consider getting the real deal hhab would be 50 rs more i think ... unsure If ya van swapp it but maybe relay to scirpio aim of anger ? Else not much i can think of ... Seams like a fun setup :)

its actually lvl 175 so nvm that ...
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I can't keep 223 CC out of OE, even with pure novi ring and the alien reflex thingy.

I haven't checked with QL 250 contract, but I'm not sure that I want to be dependent on contracts to stay operational at top AR.

There are no other items I can use senare - i.e. everything in setup is maxed.
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

I Think you can loose the 2 stamina and 12 str If i AM not misstaken ? Then you could swapp adreline factory for endorphine factory ...ie 50 more HP ... Also as pointed out Before the real hhab gives 50 more runspeed ... I would consider using the keeper ring ( ql 225) in place OF dalja you lose 20 aad but gain Body dev & 2he and the healproc ...

Will YA try for 213 armour ? I get that none oe according to auno ... And still 22 skill not as good as 223 with 23 skill but i vant find the extra agi ... Rings and perks maybe ?

even though you declared it perfect already i was hangover at beach today with nothing better to do just had to check numbers before i posted
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Sure, I appreciate the feedback, it makes me reconsider sometimes.

I can address all of your queries:

* real HHAB has a TL6 lock
* The adrenaline hud 1 is superior in that slot due to STR+STA both trickling to 2HE, however, more importantly the stamina contributes to the 810 needed for 2s HD (which is the single best source of healing a 170 keeper can get)
* endorphin hud 1 is ok, but not as good
* a level 300 adrenaline hud would be ideal but I didn't have one but I can hunt again maybe
* knight's ring of honour is "ok" Yes, you get HP/more AR/some HD, but it's very situational. Normally I use pure novi ring there since it adds stam+2he/FA/brawl, and that 8 stam is integral to getting 2s HD except if I get behe
* Dalja ring of power is overall best in slot if I don't need the 8 stam (35 combined AAD/AAO is better even than Ofab ring at 32 2HE/AAO I think)
* I'm seriously considering opting for 265 CM instead of 213 CC. The lower HP thing might work, but the high HP setup DOES work.

My current setup is pretty bloody good. There are very very very few people who can beat me 1-1 who are of a similar level (soldiers excepted).

So it works. But I'm wondering if I should maybe just make a couple refinements to my current setup instead of making some large scale adjustments.

Small scale adjustments could include:

* enduring feet symb <--> HD/AAD/evade close feet imp (80 dodge,65 duck, 13AAO), lose 30ish evade close 10 AAD
* try for 2nd 300 sleeve (3 dodge, 3 AR)
* swap 275 wolf for 260 excel
* swap 2x keeper shoulders for Igocs (40AAD, 40 AAO, 4 crit), lose 55ish 2he, 700 HP, AC's

Defensively the real question is whether gaining 80ish dodge and 30ish AAD will offset the loss of 38 HD, and
Offensively the question is whether gaining a weapon that I can 1/1 at full defence and has capped fast attack, with 4%+ crit, will offset the loss of brawl and AR wise

The obvious benefit is having a weapon that I can get to 1/1 at full def, which is currently impossible with the wolf, the BoKW or the 300 Kyr'Ozch type 112.

Other obvious benefits include higher NR, the capability of swapping which may or may not come to fruition due to IP constraints and other issues, but NR is big, and if I can indeed swap the 260 it will mean being able to be much more adaptable with buffing with phulaks etc.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I'm considering using these two items to swap:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=224083

And

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=264641&ql=225

I could use the pants for duels vs ranged profs and NR users, and pants for melee types.

Would be decent for war with more NR as well.

Net loss of about 27/30 AR and a bit of AAD and HP but the situational use of 50DR/50NR or 56 evade close is certainly something to consider.

I can swap these pants on using health hud 3 + extruder (or 1 ring).

An NR setup on keeper is pretty interesting. My previous method was to eat all debuffs and just keep pounding on opponents and occasionally reperk to NR1 mid fight (duels) but that method was pretty weak for war.

Since keepers are pretty weak vs DR it makes sense to have more DR available if needed, (obviously along with wit, notucom, green hud and some other useful stuff like blind ring <- can't be used with NR1) But all in it makes it a bit less of a spam bullets and die thing anyway. Especially if I go with an evasive perk setup - which adds another 50 DR.

With raidbuffs, GSF and a transfer tower with this setup I will be close to 2k dodge (I think):

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=197331

2300ish with wit (I could be wrong though)... regardless, very reasonable ranged defence which is the traditional weak point for keepers.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

If you don't have a Dalja ring of power, we have Dalja PB in org bank to spawn.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Thanks Chris, I could use this not for the ring but the combat skirt I think - but not sure if I want this setup yet... I need to mull it over in my head.

I have all stuff except:

* 213/223 CC
* Dalja combat skirt
* 225 keeper pants
* 15% scope
* QL 240-250 left hand implant + fast attack/first aid (or RE)/skill lock modifier clusters
* G has the exact excel somewhere in his stores
* 2nd QL 300 keeper sleeve (actually I might have this)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

just say :)