Soldier

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
senare
Strong Leet

Soldier

Post by senare »

Oki so I farmed my t2 glyphs !

Many thanx Thoughcrat & Deugh for coming and helping :=)

And ofc my partner in crime Smasherdt !

Now question being ... what lvl would it be resonable 100 ? 125 ? 150 ? (some twinkigae but its a lvling toon) to switch to T2 and use bb && jobe ?

I am guessing that the SMG will be the hard part ? Most guides seams to list it at around 150 ? but again the list T1 as 100+ ... and i did put that on with no problems around what 60-80 (don't rember so don't take my word for it ...) ?

I am at 100 wearing t1 & some random QL PB been unable to find me a SPB so I want to swapp soonish ...

Also some general wisdome to take away from the farming .. the more the merrier (!) .. also check who turns in what for what and if ya can trade around a bit so that you can farm on high-lvl DD toon's .. although t2 glyph parts are nodrop they turn yesdrop in the end :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Soldier

Post by noobas »

imo with a bit of twinkage, level 60 for BB+jobe

At level 100 you should be able to do it without even a tiny bit of stress, but as well, I'd say that weap combo is already obsolete by 100.

At 100 you'll be killing hecklers mostly for the next 100 levels and then on to inferno.

I'd save yourself the hassle of IP resetting and just stick with AR and put on a SPB.

SPB till level 151 (or whenever you loot a SE carbine) then swap to that immediately.

There's a reason the setup is popular!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

I am afraid i been unable to find a SPB maybe i need to go out and build one ... my plan was otherwise to go SMG for more PVM DD .. simply since ya need to farm all the PVM before ya can PVP i had no particular intention of doing any PVP before i am 220/30/70 and geared ... would you still say that AR is the way to go ?

I actuall never used T2 before on any toon (just T1) so any one have some ide when it's easy enough to make/equip ?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Sorry I neglected to mention a key parameter.

The problem with using BB+jobe in "pvm" while levelling is that ely hecks, ado hecks and all mobs you'll generally be fighting with exception of aliens will have enough AC's to make the BB damage feel extremely sluggish.

Basically, if your intent was to do good dmg by using BB+Jobe.... you needed to use them at level 60-75, not level 100-150+

If you want good damage while levelling, get an SPB. Period.

There's nothing else worth considering in all honesty. Early on, say, around 50-60 or so you could have used a tiig blaster but that's totally obsolete by 100 as well.

Soldiers live and die on damage, specials, add dmg and being able to kill their foe before they are killed, so trust me when I say this, you'll want a big damage weapon.

The only option that's remotely feasible, but I really only can see this being effective if you're levelling with a solid set of 150CC armour that you can update with 225ish CC at 150, is using a Jobe pistol+KMP 5

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=254665&ql=225

Note though the reqs on that. That's a 171 min damage weap at QL 225 - since the SMG has a min dmg of 175 , you're looking at considerably less effort to get a SPB on that that weap. Hence why I say just get a SPB.

Now, if you HAVE some CC, and you want to twink up a bit, you can actually do some pretty decent damage with a JPPGP+KMP5, especially if you load up on energy damage.

However, it's probably more expensive than you really want to shell out for just for levelling.

My recommendation is hunt around for the parts for a SPB.
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Well i had this notion off that the dual SMG be more DD than AR (for PVM atleast) but I never done any calculations/testing to back it up ... maybe it come down to gear .. and gear wise i be using T1 => T2 => T3 => some assorted gear for PVP at 220/30/70 once i get there :)

Simply since it's easy avavible and gets me all the way to 220 ... and should the 'reflect' ever get implemented and nerf FA/sold to bad I can always use the yesdrop stuff on some other toon and park sold with t3 for some dyna camping ... oh and it also looks good :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

SMG sold (i.e. dual envy/ratata) is a high(er) dps setup than anger with RE maxed.

But.... you lose a lot of HP and you need a all out 300 CC setup to use it. I dunno what your budget is like, but the only guys I see using duel SMG are guys that are 220/30/70, and got more sets of 300 CC than they got alts if you get my drift.

It ain't cheap... put it that way. And furthermore, you gotta be dedicated to it because you lose a lot of HP when you swap to envy due to CC in chest/hat/ and most do glove as well. so then you really got no HP adding armour.